Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:29 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 pm

I have never been a car with a female that enjoyed everything down and all the outside pleasantries hitting you in the face/hair.

They always preferred their window up. Unless it was some :unicorn: Hawaii or random national park scenario. Come on guys ... can we get real here
Hand her a hairband and tell her to :stfu:
I always had the windows down in the GTI and michelle never complained. She’s cruised in the naked Jeep and few times and hasn’t complained about that at all either. No long drives, but if I was heading out of town or going on a long drive I’d probably button it all up anyways even if it was just me making the trip.
I've gone on multi-hour trips solo in the C5 targa off, windows down, ear plugs in :fuckyeah:

My :tits: likes 'verts a lot actually, just not really on the highway, too loud for her.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:58 pm

I have never been a car with a female that enjoyed everything down and all the outside pleasantries hitting you in the face/hair.

They always preferred their window up. Unless it was some :unicorn: Hawaii or random national park scenario. Come on guys ... can we get real here
My apologies, max knows all.

I'll stfu and :gtfo: now.
You gonna vouch for your woman enjoying it at 70mph on the freeway for 1 hr. I got $100 that she doesn’t.
max225

I always had the windows down in the GTI and michelle never complained. She’s cruised in the naked Jeep and few times and hasn’t complained about that at all either. No long drives, but if I was heading out of town or going on a long drive I’d probably button it all up anyways even if it was just me making the trip.
Around town sub 40mph putsing around is epic.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:34 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:58 pm

My apologies, max knows all.

I'll stfu and :gtfo: now.
You gonna vouch for your woman enjoying it at 70mph on the freeway for 1 hr. I got $100 that she doesn’t.
She does it by choice, her driving, arm hanging out the window.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:35 pm

Around town sub 40mph putsing around is epic.
Yeah, and that all I’m doing with it. I get up to speed on the freeway for all of 2-3 miles :whocares: the rest of my “commute” is stop and go on surface streets. Gym is a few blocks from my place, as is the grocery store. Unless something comes up where I need to drive north for my parents, Jeep will be naked until I see rain in the forecast.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Jeep stuff:

So, Since getting the the JL there was a cool Uconnect 8.4 feature when listening to SiriusXM. The head unit would record all your preset stations from a signal marker that would make it so when you changed from one channel to another, it would be at the beginning of the current song on the radio.

So, from preset 1 to preset 4, you would get the start of the current song on preset 4. Change to preset 3 and you got the beginning of the current song. If you quickly changed back to preset 4, it would be "live" and you wouldn't have any buffer. This was pretty awesome and the wife got spoiled by it... Until late last week when apparently this feature stopped working. :(

Called U-connect support and they didn't even know this feature existed? WTF... okay... so I get put on hold for like 10 minutes and the lady comes back and says that none of the most senior people knew about this and they have no idea why it isn't acting like it used to. Then, she asked if I wanted to be transferred to.........SiriusXM customer support. :amir:

No fucking way would they be able to tell me anything, and I"m 99.99% sure this isn't a Sirius thing as it seems to be a head unit SW thing.

Well, this isn't going to make the wife happy, so it looks like it's time to sell the JL.

:lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:56 pm Jeep stuff:

So, Since getting the the JL there was a cool Uconnect 8.4 feature when listening to SiriusXM. The head unit would record all your preset stations from a signal marker that would make it so when you changed from one channel to another, it would be at the beginning of the current song on the radio.

So, from preset 1 to preset 4, you would get the start of the current song on preset 4. Change to preset 3 and you got the beginning of the current song. If you quickly changed back to preset 4, it would be "live" and you wouldn't have any buffer. This was pretty awesome and the wife got spoiled by it... Until late last week when apparently this feature stopped working. :(

Called U-connect support and they didn't even know this feature existed? WTF... okay... so I get put on hold for like 10 minutes and the lady comes back and says that none of the most senior people knew about this and they have no idea why it isn't acting like it used to. Then, she asked if I wanted to be transferred to.........SiriusXM customer support. :amir:

No fucking way would they be able to tell me anything, and I"m 99.99% sure this isn't a Sirius thing as it seems to be a head unit SW thing.

Well, this isn't going to make the wife happy, so it looks like it's time to sell the JL.

Huh I'll have to see if my dad's car does this.
Apex

That's a really cool feature! Sucks it stopped working, and Sirius isn't going to be able to do shit.

Maybe Detroit can help get this sorted out? :hue:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm

That's a really cool feature! Sucks it stopped working, and Sirius isn't going to be able to do shit.

Good call. Everything FCA is now his responsibility!! :hue:
Apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:09 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Good call. Everything FCA is now his responsibility!! :hue:
:dat:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

He's already promised bubble doors for the 2045 model year so you can go through deep water with the doors of and not get wet.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:27 pm

Called TuneStart, apparently.

Looks like that's an FCA thing.

Ay, Dplac! :hue:
Wow.

Your google-fu is greater than U-Connect support people. :lol:

We didn't change anything, but I'm going to look today when the wife gets home. Others have replied to me on the JL forum that they notice it stopped working too.
max225

Going to jeep heroes drive event ... bunch of jeeps on top of an aircraft carrier ... ‘Merica :fuckyeah:
Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:41 pm Going to jeep heroes drive event ... bunch of jeeps on top of an aircraft carrier ... ‘Merica :fuckyeah:
:fuckyeah:
max225

Azn falling out of a Jeep on 37”s literally fell out ImageImage

Epic some articulation test on top of a carrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Melon wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:45 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:13 am You say that until your balls start sweating in the airboatland heat because your a/c is now inadequate due to no doors or roof.
That's my secret.
My balls are always sweaty.

Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:13 pm Image

Azn falling out of a Jeep on 37”s literally fell out ImageImage

Epic some articulation test on top of a carrier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s dope, max!
Love the course on the deck of the carrier.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm Why would you want all that wind, noise, and humidity? AC and a good stereo is bliss.

Same.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:18 pm

Same.
My wife loved all the Corvettes with the roof off.

She kinda hates the 911 and has told me twice she misses the Z06. :iono:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:35 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:55 pm

Probably because the Z06 was more “fun”.

The 911 is 100% the better car. But the Corvette has a... different feel. It’s all about the intangibles.
Hooters wings are more exciting than schnitzel.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:29 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:35 am

Probably because the Z06 was more “fun”.

The 911 is 100% the better car. But the Corvette has a... different feel. It’s all about the intangibles.
LOL

It seems to just be boiling down to her not caring for the sunroof and missing the targa roof on the Corvette.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:46 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:29 am

LOL

It seems to just be booking down to her not caring for the sunroof and missing the targa roof on the Corvette.
She can roll around topless in the :jeep: nothing to miss
wap

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:55 pm
wap wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:18 pm

Same.

:tits: logic.
wap

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:49 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:46 am

LOL

It seems to just be booking down to her not caring for the sunroof and missing the targa roof on the Corvette.
She can roll around topless in the :jeep: nothing to miss
In4pics. :tits:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

First naked :jeep: fuel up. 15mpg. Not too terrible considering I've been averaging high 15s with the new commute.

Oh, and I threw a K&N air filter in it on Tuesday or Wednesday. :plaid: