Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:31 pm I am going to drive a :manuel: JL Rubicunt that is currently fully naked... :jizz:
:popcorn:

I always enjoy your reviews.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:30 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:31 pm I am going to drive a :manuel: JL Rubicunt that is currently fully naked... :jizz:
Is what what you're calling her these days?

:impressive:
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:33 pm
:popcorn:

I always enjoy your reviews.
:wub:

So... Quick stats. (drove it down some city/mountain roads 1.5 hr round trip 60 miles)
2018 JLUR Special ordered last year. Moj!to
:manuel:
Soft top
17k miles
Leather+8.4+LEDS+metal bumpers (he creased the body due to wheeling with the metal bumpers, common complaint)

tons of little mods here and there... belly skids, winch etc etc

GOOD:
Guys... the :manuel: in this Rubi is NIGHT AND DAY better than the JK. The JK was the WORST MODERN MANUAL I have ever driven, terrible... super long not great throws, the clutch was way too long, the uptake was weird... and the pedal spacing was shit. JL throws are super easy, pedals are great... and all the gears felt good. The clutch however felt a bit rubbery at points which was odd.
It also has hill hold, and the dumb ass ESS, which turns the engine off, (making me think I stalled it, but then it comes back when you press the clutch.

I actually enjoyed driving the stick in the JL, :mindblown: . IMO the vehicle is still a bit too big/heavy for a clutch, hard to describe... but I think a 2 door base model with a manual would be epic, just enough fun and a fun size. A loaded rubi felt a bit odd with the manual still...

Here are some bigger news, so this jeep had the "wandering" issue fixed via new track bar... and it is DIFFERENT from the Sahara i drove, which makes me think that the Sahara had to have the recall done. This thing drove straight... didn't wander on the freeway etc. So the woman would be able to drive it, since she got freaked out with the Sahara and asked me to drive the entire 2k miles i put it on it

he drives topless constantly... and the seats/interior show almost no wear. This thing is aging quite gracefully.

8.4 U connect + LEDs are just epic.

I couldn't notice any extra tire noise etc... even though its on the big boy tires.

The top down/door less experience was insane... total toy status.

Stereo with the sub is audible at 65 mph.... which is :impressive:

BAD

The brakes are still not good on this thing... It felt significantly worse than the Sahara, I know they have the same pads/rotors but the bigger tires must have added heft. I frequently felt like I may blow through a stop sign or not make a stop in time vehicle required a lot more concentration than something more pedestrian.

15mpg... yes 15 fucking mpg... I drove it nice and slow, (65 or below) couldn't crack teens on the freeway, . Going without doors apparently make things worse. But this is not acceptable to me, complete insanity. This thing is rated at 23... yea yea rubicon, open doors blah blah..

Steering is still quite ... blah there is so much input required to do turns.... it was a huge change for me coming from the m3, I had to literally do the speed limit or less, otherwise the vehicle felt unsafe. Literally unsafe...

Idle felt a bit rough.... :notsure: why...

This engine still doesn't have enough torque... you have to keep it above 2000rpm for it to be happy... it gets loud above 3300/3500 so your USABLE rpm range is 1300-1500rpm which SUCKS. It needs a diesel or a turbo or both.. too bad neither is available with a stick. If this thing had the fraud 2.3 with a stick it would be fucking epic... especially in a 2 door

headroom is an issue for me, I don't fit under the net thingy...that he uses instead of the soft top... had to do a gangsta lean... this thing is harder for tall dudes for sure than the JK

Overall... I really liked it... but I am not sure about DD'ing it like my buddy does, I don't have the :balls: to do that and my woman would NOT like it. Also... after a while things get loud and annoying... and having no privacy is just not super wonderful.
Last edited by max225 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
max225

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:58 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:50 pm

Whats the word on the CTS-V wagon ? You gonna BAT it?
No! He's actually selling it back to the dude he bought it from!

Apparently he "regretted the sale immediately" and has wanted another one. Dad bought it for $62k with 19k miles 3 years ago...selling it back to the dude for $57k with 32k miles. $5k to enjoy that car for 12k miles and 3 years seems really fair. He probably wouldn't get much over $60k for it anyway, and this is 100% hassle free.

:alpo:
:mindblown:

that is a solid owner experience for sure. :notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:bravo:
max225

:gaydance: yaaas
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Dad's friend saw that Gladiators are starting to be discounted and is thinking of buying one :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:14 am Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty cool :jeep: ! Nice review, glad to hear the manual is better, sounds like an awesome vehicle overall. :jelly: The downsides certainly aren't unexpected.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:jelly: I want to roll around with out doors...

No, the Colorado doors are not supposed to come off so they stay on.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:18 pm Man I love Mojito.
:dat:

If I was buying one it would be Bikini > Mojito > Pumpkin > Red > other things. in4purple though.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:17 pm :jelly: I want to roll around with out doors...

you just arent motivated enough.

:csb:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

reminds me of the viper green of later.

and I still really liked the more yellow green they did in 2017

Apex

dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:17 pm :jelly: I want to roll around with out doors...

you just arent motivated enough.

:csb:
:nope:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:04 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:36 pm

reminds me of the viper green of later.

and I still really liked the more yellow green they did in 2017

There's one of those for sale not far from me.

https://www.route46subaru.com/used/Jeep ... 765ab4.htm

CP pricing tho.
I should have bought ChalupaBatman's but it was still expensive. But it also had like $12k of stuff done.
max225

Honestly... I feel like it is a novelty and looks good in pics. I frankly can't imagine doing this daily and what the exact enjoyment is. I live in arguably the best climate in the world, and it still is a chore. You have to "dress for the drive". And morning/afternoon/evening requires different outfits.

You essentially remove the entire HVAC system in the car something that has been engineered for your and your passengers comfort.

:tits: would hate this, as hair flies around evenings are cold, flies hit your face, and the sun gives you cancer.

Call me a :gay: bitch. But rolling around like that IMO is reserved for vacations and occasional trips with the perfect 65-70F weather, but doing this daily is :fullretard: trying to prove a point that doesn't need proving. And this generates an immense amount of attention... that may be the reason for doing this for some, as they crave it. "HEY LOOK MA NO DOORs, LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME"
max225

I didn't mind it one bit, It is a very unique color with no compare outside of lambos.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:

Honestly... I feel like it is a novelty and looks good in pics. I frankly can't imagine doing this daily and what the exact enjoyment is. I live in arguably the best climate in the world, and it still is a chore. You have to "dress for the drive". And morning/afternoon/evening requires different outfits.

You essentially remove the entire HVAC system in the car something that has been engineered for your and your passengers comfort.

:tits: would hate this, as hair flies around evenings are cold, flies hit your face, and the sun gives you cancer.

Call me a :gay: bitch. But rolling around like that IMO is reserved for vacations and occasional trips with the perfect 65-70F weather, but doing this daily is :fullretard: trying to prove a point that doesn't need proving. And this generates an immense amount of attention... that may be the reason for doing this for some, as they crave it. "HEY LOOK MA NO DOORs, LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME"
:gay:

Real men run naked in the middle of the road. #OneWithNature
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:05 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:20 pm :gay:

teh quad
Apex

:lolol:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:20 pm :gay:

:dat:

Anything more is too much comfort and convenience. Free yourself from the chains of civilization. Go on a real adventure.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'd drive to work with doors off on nice days for sure. Regularly? Nah. It really is just a fun novelty.

I'm wanting a 2-door 2.0T Rubicon more and more. Bikini, LEDs, Cold weather, proximity entry, Dark saddle leather, towing, hardtop, done. I think that would be a ton of fun.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:47 pm I'd drive to work with doors off on nice days for sure. Regularly? Nah. It really is just a fun novelty.

I'm wanting a 2-door 2.0T Rubicon more and more. Bikini, LEDs, Cold weather, proximity entry, Dark saddle leather, towing, hardtop, done. I think that would be a ton of fun.
That's right around 50k though :disgust:

I can totally see driving like that a few times, but it would get old pretty quickly. There is a serious lack of privacy also...
max225

'
Must have accessory

Apex

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:47 pm I'd drive to work with doors off on nice days for sure. Regularly? Nah. It really is just a fun novelty.

:jimp: :doit:

Treat yo'self!

Also, I want doors off for beach-cruising. 80+ degrees, doors and top off, cruising around the beach. Yeah, I'm down for that.