Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I can't stand the Compass. It's like riding/driving a generic car hatchback. Nothing about it feels like a Jeep or even an SUV. Nothing is special or unique, they only sell because of the brand and cheap cost.

You're better off sticking with the cheap fusion IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Wocka Wocka
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: Nothing Good

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 am I can't stand the Compass. It's like riding/driving a generic car hatchback. Nothing about it feels like a Jeep or even an SUV. Nothing is special or unique, they only sell because of the brand and cheap cost.

My vote as well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 am I can't stand the Compass. It's like riding/driving a generic car hatchback. Nothing about it feels like a Jeep or even an SUV even. Nothing is special or unique, they only sell because of the brand and cheap cost.

I agree (well never driven one but I've sat in them). It's a perfectly fine car that looks decent, but it's just a regular car. Whatever, if she wants one, it's a cheap reliable vehicle. She's had this Fusion for like eight years so if we can get a killer :dill: I have no issues really I guess.

Re Max's comment, yes, a Compass will do everything we need. That is hardly the point of a :jeep: though. We will never off road, but it's a cool, fun convertible thing, versus a basic bitch appliance. Apples and oranges.

RE offing my daily... I don't daily. I'm not going back to work any time soon. Mostly we have three cars just sitting, so I don't care much. THe thing the BMW excels at is trips, and she has indicated that she wants a car "she can drive" (read not :manuel": ) for that (even though she CAN drive a :manuel: ).

:iono: :lolol: the money would probably be better spent on some marraige counseling than a new car, but whatever.
ChrisoftheNorth

BUT, if I've learned anything with :tits: cars it's to :stfu: and let them get whatever stupidity they want.

I'm fortunate that mine just wanted a JL all along, and we both love her Sahara. Yea it was expensive, but she claims it's her favorite vehicle ever because she picked it out 100% and wants to keep it "forever"

Would be great if so, but we'll see.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 am I can't stand the Compass. It's like riding/driving a generic car hatchback. Nothing about it feels like a Jeep or even an SUV. Nothing is special or unique, they only sell because of the brand and cheap cost.

This seems ok... :iono: not everyone wants to crawl, and it seems like a great little softroader that won't break the bank.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:51 am
Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 am I can't stand the Compass. It's like riding/driving a generic car hatchback. Nothing about it feels like a Jeep or even an SUV even. Nothing is special or unique, they only sell because of the brand and cheap cost.

:iono: :lolol: the money would probably be better spent on some marraige counseling than a new car, but whatever.
Trouble in paradise there, Griff-san?
max225

I agree (well never driven one but I've sat in them). It's a perfectly fine car that looks decent, but it's just a regular car. Whatever, if she wants one, it's a cheap reliable vehicle. She's had this Fusion for like eight years so if we can get a killer :dill: I have no issues really I guess.

Re Max's comment, yes, a Compass will do everything we need. That is hardly the point of a :jeep: though. We will never off road, but it's a cool, fun convertible thing, versus a basic bitch appliance. Apples and oranges.

RE offing my daily... I don't daily. I'm not going back to work any time soon. Mostly we have three cars just sitting, so I don't care much. THe thing the BMW excels at is trips, and she has indicated that she wants a car "she can drive" (read not :manuel": ) for that (even though she CAN drive a :manuel: ).

I hear ya, I have no idea what to replace the woman's TSX with. I recently spent the weekend detailing it's fucked up paint... it looks like someone washed it with sandpaper for years.

That said, I think the plan is to get her my mini... She is 100% on board with a :manuel: taco, but seems to hate on JL's because of "the way they drive". Which is annoying AF, but I may keep an eye out for a rubi if the :dill: 's are right.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:51 am

This seems ok... :iono: not everyone wants to crawl, and it seems like a great little softroader that won't break the bank.
Drive one. I personally hate it.

I think Kia makes a thing this size now, that's probably a better buy than this.

If a cheap Jeep is desired, the Renegade should not be overlooked. That thing manages to feel like a Jeep, and drives well for the size. As a box, it's space utilization is fantastic tons of headroom and cargo space...and the roof can come off, so you still get the convertible Jeep feeling if desired.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 am
Life has just been kind of shit... not exactly the relationshit, but having to take care of her is hard for both of us, being stuck at home, both very complacent and bored with work... She can't do much so because she has so much time on her hands, she spends it all obsessing over the yard (which just means a ton of work for me because she can't do much) and doing things like car shopping.

:ohwell:
Apex

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 am
Apex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:55 am

Life has just been kind of shit... not exactly the relationshit, but having to take care of her is hard for both of us, being stuck at home, both very complacent and bored with work... She can't do much so because she has so much time on her hands, she spends it all obsessing over the yard (which just means a ton of work for me because she can't do much) and doing things like car shopping.

:ohwell:
Ah :word:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 am

I think Kia makes a thing this size now, that's probably a better buy than this.

If a cheap Jeep is desired, the Renegade should not be overlooked. That thing manages to feel like a Jeep, and drives well for the size. As a box, it's space utilization is fantastic tons of headroom and cargo space...and the roof can come off, so you still get the convertible Jeep feeling if desired.
I'll have to see what the Hyundai/Kia offerings are, good call.

Personally I far prefer the Renegade, I think we will take a look at all three Jeeps ad then some other things. Or maybe this :plac: desire will wear off and we can just carry on as usual.

Selfishly, thinking ahead, this move to a cheaper than :jeep: SUV thingy would position me well for some kind of :fullretard: move potentially, like C5 to Evora or the like.
max225

Probably drives like anything else in this class. But I would pick a Jeep brand over a kia 5:1. I don't mind the styling either, it looks like a small JGC which IMO is the best looking midsizer.

Either way I would much rather go Rav-4 Adventure in a two tone paint job, but it is more expensive.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:59 am

Personally I far prefer the Renegade, I think we will take a look at all three Jeeps ad then some other things. Or maybe this :plac: desire will wear off and we can just carry on as usual.

Selfishly, thinking ahead, this move to a cheaper than :jeep: SUV thingy would position me well for some kind of :fullretard: move potentially, like C5 to Evora or the like.
Keeping the Fusion positions you even better, but I know that can be a lost cause once the mind is made up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:03 am
D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:59 am

Keeping the Fusion positions you even better, but I know that can be a lost cause once the mind is made up.
It doesn't because she will be :triggered: if I want to get a new car before she does :rolleyes:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:11 am
It doesn't because she will be :triggered: if I want to get a new car before she does :rolleyes:
Married life :doomed:
ChrisoftheNorth

This pisses me off because they don't really care. It's a :bs: power move for equality or some shit. Mine pulled that until she got the JL.

I will say, the :tits: having a vehicle you like is pretty nice. When she throws a :pout: and wants to drive, it's fine because the car is cool.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:16 am

This pisses me off because they don't really care. It's a :bs: power move for equality or some shit. Mine pulled that until she got the JL.

I will say, the :tits: having a vehicle you like is pretty nice. When she throws a :pout: and wants to drive, it's fine because the car is cool.
:dat:

Like we buy a fuck ton of house :bs: because that's what she likes. I am sitting in a desk chair I got in fucking middle school because I don't give a shit about house stuff. She also got a :doge: which has been major :troywax: . Cars are the only thing I spend money on really.

:ohwell: I'm just in a pissy mood.
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:22 am

Like we buy a fuck ton of house :bs: because that's what she likes. I am sitting in a desk chair I got in fucking middle school because I don't give a shit about house stuff. She also got a :doge: which has been major :troywax: . Cars are the only thing I spend money on really.

I am with you... It is annoying AF. Fundamentally we're wired differently. But it is what you make of it, usually you can survive through some sort of compromise where everyone is unhappy.

AHHHH good old days...
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh dude, I get it so much. We blow money on house shit IDGAF about constantly, but that's "ours" according to her. If I want to spend money on car shit, it's full blown :nuke: :triggered:

:ohwell: I've just given up mostly. I love mah :jeep: :truk: and that's all that matters now.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Renegayde is super neat and had Bikini as a color. The new tiny engine supposedly works really well too. I also dog the CX-30 but maybe that's not SUV enough?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:29 am

Oh dude, I get it so much. We blow money on house shit IDGAF about constantly, but that's "ours" according to her. If I want to spend money on car shit, it's full blown :nuke: :triggered:

:ohwell: I've just given up mostly. I love mah :jeep: :truk: and that's all that matters now.
Glad I'm not alone in this :lolol:

At least she largely leaves me alone with car shit... like I spend several thousand annually on track shit between tires, days, brakes, maintenance, and she leaves me alone about it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:51 am Renegayde is super neat and had Bikini as a color. The new tiny engine supposedly works really well too. I also dog the CX-30 but maybe that's not SUV enough?

It would be the best compromise - hopefully she likes it more than the Compass. They're cheap too. I think I'll still end up wanting a cheap JK :manuel: two door soft top if we go the fake Jeep route :doe:
Apex

In other :jeep: news, wifey ordered up some seat covers and a spiderwebshade. The stock seats are nice and we want to protect them from the inevitable dirt/mud/sun they’ll see. We’ll see when they show up due to beer flu.
Much :excite: to get the doors and top off.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:40 pm In other :jeep: news, wifey ordered up some seat covers and a spiderwebshade. The stock seats are nice and we want to protect them from the inevitable dirt/mud/sun they’ll see. We’ll see when they show up due to beer flu.
:megusta:

in4pics sans doors and things.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:40 pm In other :jeep: news, wifey ordered up some seat covers and a spiderwebshade. The stock seats are nice and we want to protect them from the inevitable dirt/mud/sun they’ll see. We’ll see when they show up due to beer flu.
The stock cloth is fantastically durable, but :doge: hair is a real thing. Seat covers will be smart.

Still haven't taken the doors off either of ours. Now that it looks like it's warming up, I probably will soon just for :lolol: and I can leave them off for extended periods parking in the garage.

I love doors off driving in a :jeep: