Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:52 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Basic A/C is standard. I believe it just has a hot/cold dial and a fan speed control.
Nope... Looks like it is an option on the 2 doors :wtf: no ac in 2018... and still 30k msrp. :mindblown:
The Jeep configurator shows it as a standard option on the 2 door.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:50 pm Holy shit, it doesn't have A/C! (not listed on the monroney, which is a legal document BTW).

Whoever ordered that is going to get some shit. No wonder it's so cheap.
My Monroney doesn't show AC either..
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:50 pm Holy shit, it doesn't have A/C! (not listed on the monroney, which is a legal document BTW).

They have some for 33k which they are selling for 28, ac is a $1295 option. Shocked it comes with wheels
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Because it's standard.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 pm

They have some for 33k which they are selling for 28, ac is a $1295 option. Shocked it comes with wheels
On a base sport the BYO is showing a $1,295 option on a $30k Jeep which is :mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:17 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 pm

On a base sport the BYO is showing a $1,295 option on a $30k Jeep which is :mindblown:
So an interesting point... The 4 door in the poverty spec trims may be a better deal, as the additional door "upcharge" is offset by the "free ac" so a total bare bonez 4 door with nothing but hardtop + at is 34k. A 2 door equally equipped is 33k. :gay:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:39 pm
So an interesting point... The 4 door in the poverty spec trims may be a better deal, as the additional door "upcharge" is offset by the "free ac" so a total bare bonez 4 door with nothing but hardtop + at is 34k. A 2 door equally equipped is 33k. :gay:
I don't think they really want to build the 2 door Wranglers.... but they know they have to for the die hards. About everyone has acknowledged that the Unlimited is better in all respects, but some people would rather give up interior space to have something closer to the original. Making them less attractive due to pricing and delaying the build times is a good way to try to get people to just buy the Unlimited and remove the need for another SKU.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm

I don't think they really want to build the 2 door Wranglers.... but they know they have to for the die hards. About everyone has acknowledged that the Unlimited is better in all respects, but some people would rather give up interior space to have something closer to the original. Making them less attractive due to pricing and delaying the build times is a good way to try to get people to just buy the Unlimited and remove the need for another SKU.
Well, I think it is still a cash cow for them, even though only about 1/4 of Wranglers are 2 door, they can certainly make money on them, as they charge almost as much as for a 4 door which uses a bit more raw materials etc, they also removed the sahara trim etc. I'd wager that a 2 door rubicon wrangler is the highest margin product at FCA.

Not that it is wrong to make money, they make a product that people want obviously, not like they are slinging cancer meds at 9000% markups and sleeping soundly at night.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:52 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Well, I think it is still a cash cow for them, even though only about 1/4 of Wranglers is a 2 door, they can certainly make money on them, as they charge almost as much as for a 4 door which uses a bit more raw materials etc, they also removed the sahara trim etc. I'd wager that a 2 door rubicon wrangler is the highest margin product at FCA.

Not that it is wrong to make money, they make a product that people want obviously, not like they are slinging cancer meds at 9000% markups and sleeping soundly at night.
Yep... they're building a "luxury" that people don't need to spend money on, but can if they choose.
ChrisoftheNorth

:mindblown:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

No AC and no power locks/windows is a non-starter for me. Drowning in a pool of my own ball sweat is really not an attractive scenario IMO.

Actually wish my next car had cooled seats. That would be neat.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 pm No AC and no power locks/windows is a non-starter for me. Drowning in a pool of my own ball sweat is really not an attractive scenario IMO.

Cooled seats would be a God-send for me. Even with the AC blasting, when I get out of a car, my back is still sweating for sure.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:29 pm No AC and no power locks/windows is a non-starter for me. Drowning in a pool of my own ball sweat is really not an attractive scenario IMO.

Cooled seats would be a God-send for me. Even with the AC blasting, when I get out of a car, my back is still sweating for sure.
They don't help that much... most "cooled" seats are nothing but fans blowing hot air up your ass. I have yet to feel some that "truly" work.
Johnny_P

Yeah same. The thought of sitting down on some icy cool thrones when I get in the car is :jimp:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:28 pm

They don't help that much... most "cooled" seats are nothing but fans blowing hot air up your ass. I have yet to feel some that "truly" work.
:sad:

Do you actually need them out there in the land of 65*F?
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Breh. My car is black, parked in a sunny lot with 0 shade. Yes you need them, I actually enjoy the giant back holes in my M3 as they provide great ventilation on my way out of the office. Shit gets hot here occasionally... real hot. Also AZN lives about 30 min away from the "land of 65" average high is 90 vs 75-80 here... during the day, ass coolers would be great.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:33 pm

Breh. My car is black, parked in a sunny lot with 0 shade. Yes you need them, I actually enjoy the giant back holes in my M3 as they provide great ventilation on my way out of the office. Shit gets hot here occasionally... real hot. Also AZN lives about 30 min away from the "land of 65" average high is 90 vs 75-80 here... during the day, ass coolers would be great.
Yeah any car in the sun will :roasted: in no time. Would also be nice if next car had a white-ish or not all black interior.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

What works for me in the C7's is to turn on the vented seats, then put the AC on split, face/floor. The fans then draw up the cooler air from the A/C and you actually feel the difference in temp on your back.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:05 pm

What works for me in the C7's is to turn on the vented seats, then put the AC on split, face/floor. The fans then draw up the cooler air from the A/C and you actually feel the difference in temp on your back.
This is how it's intended to work.
Johnny_P

Frosty butthole :jimp:
I'm legit jelly of cooled seats.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Frosty butthole :jimp:
I'm legit jelly of cooled seats.
If :crang: were still around I'd post that that was his favorite dessert.

We need someone new to bitch slap around here. :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

My dads explorer cooled seats works well, just like i how i expect it, and ford is known for great air conditioning
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:39 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Yeah any car in the sun will :roasted: in no time. Would also be nice if next car had a white-ish or not all black interior.
Same here, which means i have to go for an appliance most likely. The next cars that im really considering has black interiors :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

WK is now rolling on 245/75r17 Silent Armors. 2inches larger diameter than the stock tarz and way more grip. Wifey is very happy with them.

Ramz are black Rubicon takeoffs with 1.5” spacers.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Daylight pic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk