Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:16 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm Image

GPCA Pro Cover and Dirty Dogs Cargo Divider Net:

Alien Sunshade:
That’s pretty sweet. You should get some tube doors :doe: makes it look a bit less than someone stole everything from the car. Btw is it even legal to drive without doors ?
Without doors, yes. Without mirrors, no. I need to put the door hinge mirrors that I got on tonight so it’s legal and safer to drive to work tomorrow.

Tune doors are cool for sure. They’ve crossed my mind, but I also don’t hate the completely open look.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm Image

GPCA Pro Cover and Dirty Dogs Cargo Divider Net:

Alien Sunshade:
That’s pretty sweet. You should get some tube doors :doe: makes it look a bit less than someone stole everything from the car. Btw is it even legal to drive without doors ?
Yes, but you need mirrors.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:themoreyouknow: thanks guys
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

SAWCE wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Without doors, yes. Without mirrors, no. I need to put the door hinge mirrors that I got on tonight so it’s legal and safer to drive to work tomorrow.

Tune doors are cool for sure. They’ve crossed my mind, but I also don’t hate the completely open look.
Makes a lot of sense. I think the open look is pretty dope. Personally I’d be a little hesitant with that on highway trips and stuff but I’d definitely commute that way. Badass.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:50 am
SAWCE wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:36 pm

Makes a lot of sense. I think the open look is pretty dope. Personally I’d be a little hesitant with that on highway trips and stuff but I’d definitely commute that way. Badass.
Yeah if I was heading up to my parents I’d put it back together, but commuting to work/gym and general putzing around town it’s fun.

Mirrors went on last night. I may upgrade to nicer ones one day. It’s a pain in the ass trying to adjust these things and get them positioned right.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

:megusta:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

My prediction for :jeep: sales for this year. Full on blow out of 2018 models by Labor Day.... 10-15k on the hood. And then a whole lotta nothing and full on blow out on the 2019s by NY for similar :dill: s.

I would be shocked if FCA allows dealers to go into 2020 with all that unsold inventory ...

Also word on the street is gladiators are 14-16% off msrp, already... 6-9k off depending your trims.... :notbad:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:51 am My prediction for :jeep: sales for this year. Full on blow out of 2018 models by Labor Day.... 10-15k on the hood. And then a whole lotta nothing and full on blow out on the 2019s by NY for similar :dill: s.

I would be shocked if FCA allows dealers to go into 2020 with all that unsold inventory ...

Also word on the street is gladiators are 14-16% off msrp, already... 6-9k off depending your trims.... :notbad:
Things are looking up!

I'd love to replace my :truk: with a Gladiator. :megusta:
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

I drove a Gladiator yesterday. The dealer had three with no advertised incentives.

After driving it, I wasn't that impressed and told the salesman that I saw no reason in buying a Gladiator over a Ram 1500, which had a nicer interior, more capability, an extra two cylinders, and was $13,000 cheaper.

The one thing I liked, though, was the turning radius. It is surprisingly short.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 am I drove a Gladiator yesterday. The dealer had three with no advertised incentives.

After driving it, I wasn't that impressed and told the salesman that I saw no reason in buying a Gladiator over a Ram 1500, which had a nicer interior, more capability, an extra two cylinders, and was $13,000 cheaper.

The one thing I liked, though, was the turning radius. It is surprisingly short.
You just have to wait on the gladiator, it makes no sense from a pricing perspective. Once the 5000vloggers and Jeep die hards pay sticker you can pick one up for 10-15k off where they belong. Like a turd pro tops out at 45-6k with the snorkel ...having a 63k Jeep truck is madness
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 am
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:35 am I drove a Gladiator yesterday. The dealer had three with no advertised incentives.

You just have to wait on the gladiator, it makes no sense from a pricing perspective. Once the 5000vloggers and Jeep die hards pay sticker you can pick one up for 10-15k off where they belong. Like a turd pro tops out at 45-6k with the snorkel ...having a 63k Jeep truck is madness
Saw a couple youtube vids this weekend with people saying that the dealer in Idaho (not Dillons) is giving 14% off MSRP on them, you just need to do the BS and sign a contract that you will keep the financing with them/Chrysler for 6 months at their crazy 6% APR.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:50 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:38 am
Saw a couple youtube vids this weekend with people saying that the dealer in Idaho (not Dillons) is giving 14% off MSRP on them, you just need to do the BS and sign a contract that you will keep the financing with them/Chrysler for 6 months at their crazy 6% APR.
What happens when you break the contract and pay it off as soon as you get home?

Can they sue you?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:11 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:50 pm

What happens when you break the contract and pay it off as soon as you get home?

Can they sue you?
6% gaypr for 6 months is not much money... What if you just finance $1000 of the purchase price :lol: Does it specify a minimum finance amount?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Can they sue you?
6% gaypr for 6 months is not much money... What if you just finance $1000 of the purchase price :lol: Does it specify a minimum finance amount?
From what I can tell, these financing deals are worth like 1% or so...which at $50k is $500. Is it REALLY worth it to hit that ZOMG 8% UNDER INVOICE :triggered:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Can they sue you?
Unsure how that works.

I imagine they wouldn't sue, but if you specifically sign something that says you won't refi/pay off early they technically could.

That's a topic Desert and I were talking about before with the 911. I signed nothing, so I just paid off the car.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

I should stop randomly surfing autotrader for :jeep: . Found a 2005 :manuel: TJ Rubicon local to me for like $12k. Already lifted and has the hardtop, but it's black. Less Skittles options back then doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

My dad ordered his JL today to replace pretty much his entire fleet.

2020 JL Sport S 2-door
2.0T
Bikini Teal with Tan premium soft top
Tan cloth interior
LED lights (glad he listened to me on that)
7" Infotainment

:dillerman: told him they've been getting sold order JLs in ~2 weeks lately...the truck from Toledo doesn't take that long I guess.

:dillerman: is the one I pass every day and found out they offer 10 free oil changes when you buy a vehicle from them. :notbad:
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm I should stop randomly surfing autotrader for :jeep: . Found a 2005 :manuel: TJ Rubicon local to me for like $12k. Already lifted and has the hardtop, but it's black. Less Skittles options back then doe.
Link please. That is dirt cheap, they go for 20-25k here, if under 100k miles.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm My dad ordered his JL today to replace pretty much his entire fleet.

2020 JL Sport S 2-door
2.0T
Tan cloth interior
7" Infotainment

:dillerman: told him they've been getting sold order JLs in ~2 weeks lately...the truck from Toledo doesn't take that long I guess.

:dillerman: is the one I pass every day and found out they offer 10 free oil changes when you buy a vehicle from them. :notbad:
:notbad:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm My dad ordered his JL today to replace pretty much his entire fleet.

2020 JL Sport S 2-door
2.0T
Tan cloth interior
7" Infotainment

Oh wow he got a bunch of 2020 :unicorn: things... Bikini... Leds on a sport...
So wait he is getting it in 2 weeks? Also what was the final :dill:
:manuel: or auto?
Apex

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm I should stop randomly surfing autotrader for :jeep: . Found a 2005 :manuel: TJ Rubicon local to me for like $12k. Already lifted and has the hardtop, but it's black. Less Skittles options back then doe.
126k miles on it....

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing
max225

Apex wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:52 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:49 pm

126k miles on it....

Sorry misread, I thought it was an LJ. This one isn't bad at all though... tons of little mods done to it...
Apex

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:53 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:52 pm

126k miles on it....

Sorry misread, I thought it was an LJ. This one isn't bad at all though... tons of little mods done to it...
I like that it's modded, but not ZOMG Overland all things! over the top.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:51 pm

2020 JL Sport S 2-door
2.0T
Tan cloth interior
7" Infotainment

Yea, he went full-blast :unicorn: spec. I think it'll be pretty cool.

They said it should be here within a month, but could be as fast as 2 weeks. We're literally a 1.5 hour drive from the plant, so there's no reason it should take long for us.

Nobody would :dill: below my employee price, we tried. I tried offering multiple vehicle deals, etc and they were all "employee is the best we'll do on a special order. So 7% under invoice.

2.0T is auto only...it's a pretty solid "value" because of that.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:57 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:51 pm

Yea, he went full-blast :unicorn: spec. I think it'll be pretty cool.

They said it should be here within a month, but could be as fast as 2 weeks. We're literally a 1.5 hour drive from the plant, so there's no reason it should take long for us.

Nobody would :dill: below my employee price, we tried. I tried offering multiple vehicle deals, etc and they were all "employee is the best we'll do on a special order. So 7% under invoice.

2.0T is auto only...it's a pretty solid "value" because of that.
What does that mean in terms of msrp to final sales price ? That whole invoice thing confuses the shit out of me because it’s some fictitious number.