Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:32 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:45 am
I just tell people we're busy. :iono:
Problem is, they ask my wife, not me, and she will tell them we're available, or at least I am, to help with shit. After this last time though, I told her that we're not available to help anyone moving forward.
That would make me :rage:

Wife used to do that to me too. But not for long.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:51 am
Devilchrono wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:32 am

Problem is, they ask my wife, not me, and she will tell them we're available, or at least I am, to help with shit. After this last time though, I told her that we're not available to help anyone moving forward.

Yeah, I was none too happy after this last time. Especially since it wasn't what we were told it was going to be. I had to pull the stones out and load the truck, it took two trip. We were told the stones would be pulled/stacked already and it was like 60-80 max. Ended up being almost 400, took two days (after work) and I had to dig the damn things up.

We got the truck unloaded that second trip, and I flat out told her, no more helping anyone like this anymore.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:14 am

Yeah, I was none too happy after this last time. Especially since it wasn't what we were told it was going to be. I had to pull the stones out and load the truck, it took two trip. We were told the stones would be pulled/stacked already and it was like 60-80 max. Ended up being almost 400, took two days (after work) and I had to dig the damn things up.

We got the truck unloaded that second trip, and I flat out told her, no more helping anyone like this anymore.
Uhhhh :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

FUCK ALL THAT. I would have showed up and laughed, then left. That amount of work should be disclosed before hand and your wife's answer should be "let me talk to him and see".

They should pay you at a minimum, unless theyve helped you out in the past.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am

:dat: I’ll help out with transporting shit and doing some of the loading, but I’m not doing the whole fucking job for you.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

FUCK ALL THAT. I would have showed up and laughed, then left. That amount of work should be disclosed before hand and your wife's answer should be "let me talk to him and see".

:dat:
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:52 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:21 am
:dat: I’ll help out with transporting shit and doing some of the loading, but I’m not doing the whole fucking job for you.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:53 am
dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

you know who rents trucks? Home fucking depot. Go pay them $25 and pick up a Pedro in the parking lot.

:wtf: man. I'll gladly help people out, but thats full on taking advantage of.
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:55 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:53 am
you know who rents trucks? Home fucking depot. Go pay them $25 and pick up a Pedro in the parking lot.

:wtf: man. I'll gladly help people out, but thats full on taking advantage of.
Exactly!
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

All very good points, and if it hadn't been this particular friend, I probably would've just put my shit back in the truck and left after seeing how much I'd have to do.

That said, I flat out told her that we're (me) aren't doing that again, and that she needs to check with me before saying yes to what could turn into big things like that. Picking up a washer that's 10 minutes from the house for a friend, sure. Anything more and it's most likely gonna be a big fat NO anymore.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:wtf: :nope: :hellno:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

meanwhile, one of the last local :dillerman: holding a few 18s and 19s on the lot...

zero to $1200 discount shown.

https://www.riverlandchryslerdodgejeep. ... hor-year-0

:lolol:

sadly I like this one...

ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:33 pm meanwhile, one of the last local :dillerman: holding a few 18s and 19s on the lot...

sadly I like this one...

:wub: Bikini Teal. My dad's 2-door Bikini teal Jeep should be delivered this week.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm
dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:33 pm meanwhile, one of the last local :dillerman: holding a few 18s and 19s on the lot...

sadly I like this one...

:wub: Bikini Teal. My dad's 2-door Bikini teal Jeep should be delivered this week.
I forgot he ordered one! :neat: Its a great color.

sad thing on that one is $32k for a car with no power windows. :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:50 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:45 pm
I forgot he ordered one! :neat: Its a great color.

sad thing on that one is $32k for a car with no power windows. :lolol:
Yea, it's :fullretard: IMO.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Bikini is such a cool color in person. :wub: it.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Apex wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:56 pm Bikini is such a cool color in person. :wub: it.
Yep. Odd in pics but great in person
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

:thisisfine:

Those of us that drove the wandering jeeps were :wrong: also... or maybe we will find out Thoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:26 pm Image
:thisisfine:

Those of us that drove the wandering jeeps were :wrong: also... or maybe we will find out Thoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:wrong:
Johnny_P

Rental for the next 2 weeks is a JLU Sport with the 2.blow.

:popcorn:

Initial impressions are it rides both better and worse than the Ram Rebel, and wind noise is a hell of a lot less than the rental I had. Haven't had it in a windy situation yet. The turbo does have lag that the V6 didn't, both feel about the same power wise, a bit more ass down low with the boosted motor, V6 sounded better.
Johnny_P

Also, this one has an aftermarket windshield as well. I think it's a Jeep thing. :thisisfine:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 pm Also, this one has an aftermarket windshield as well. I think it's a Jeep thing. :thisisfine:
Odd, which engine would you pick btw, not considering reliability.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:27 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:19 pm Also, this one has an aftermarket windshield as well. I think it's a Jeep thing. :thisisfine:
Odd, which engine would you pick btw, reliability not considering...
I need more butt time in the 2.slow. Not sure I'd care which engine it had. The BSG is meh, start/stop still happens, the AC still turns off when that occurs, etc. It's 90F and humid as fuck and this is a black on black jeep so that's not acceptable, ASS system was immediately turned off. 2.0 sounds meh but does make turbo vacuum cleaner noises. V6 sounds rowdy. 2.0 feels faster and better fuel economy but has turbo lag. Flip a coin.

I think maybe lean to the V6 right meow for consistency's sake? Ask me in 2 weeks.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:30 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Odd, which engine would you pick btw, reliability not considering...
I need more butt time in the 2.slow. Not sure I'd care which engine it had. The BSG is meh, start/stop still happens, the AC still turns off when that occurs, etc. It's 90F and humid as fuck and this is a black on black jeep so that's not acceptable, ASS system was immediately turned off. 2.0 sounds meh but does make turbo vacuum cleaner noises. V6 sounds rowdy. 2.0 feels faster and better fuel economy but has turbo lag. Flip a coin.

I think maybe lean to the V6 right meow for consistency's sake? Ask me in 2 weeks.
I will, SS systems need to be outlawed, dumbest shit ever, unless it’s an actual hybrid