Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:18 pm
Yea, CA is a weird Jeep bubble. Regions can set their own incentives, and I suspect that's what makes CA different.

It wasn't easy getting $10k off our Jeep...most :dillerman: wouldn't go below base incentives...which with employee was $6-7k tops.
im 50/50 on going in and playing the :dillerman: games. I really dont want another car, honestly. But I could see replacing the truk. But its a beater and paid for... :iono:
If you're going to get a deal on leftover 18's, the next few weeks will be the time. End of the quarter, 20's are hitting lots en masse, I suspect :dillerman: will be more motivated than ever to move them.

However, I don't see how a JL would be able to replace a :truk: in utility.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:49 pm

https://www.salsburys.com/new/Jeep/2018 ... cf47a6.htm

a few 2018s still lingereing. This local :dillerman: has 2 poverty specs with turbro4 at $29k. They only taking $5k off and 1-2k jeep cash.

you live in a weird jeep bubble. I also expect these to start taking value hits.
Yea, CA is a weird Jeep bubble. Regions can set their own incentives, and I suspect that's what makes CA different.

It wasn't easy getting $10k off our Jeep...most :dillerman: wouldn't go below base incentives...which with employee was $6-7k tops.
I mean the one posted was a low option model with 7500 on the hood. Which is still a significant chunk.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:56 pm

I mean the one posted was a low option model with 7500 on the hood. Which is still a significant chunk.
That's unclear. That $5k off probably includes the available discounts...one of which the $1k for automobility only applies to disabled people upfitting the vehcile with hand controls or whatever they need.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:31 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:56 pm

That's unclear. That $5k off probably includes the available discounts...one of which the $1k for automobility only applies to disabled people upfitting the vehcile with hand controls or whatever they need.
:dillerman: :fakenews: coming through as always
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:31 pm
Yep. The only way to know the real deal is to go in and hash it out.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:39 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Yep. The only way to know the real deal is to go in and hash it out.
:dat:

the worst kinda hash too.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 pm

im 50/50 on going in and playing the :dillerman: games. I really dont want another car, honestly. But I could see replacing the truk. But its a beater and paid for... :iono:

:notwrong:

and ive used the SHIT out of the truk for the last few months with new house :pinshit:
ChrisoftheNorth

dubshow wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:53 pm

and ive used the SHIT out of the truk for the last few months with new house :pinshit:
:truk: is indispensable for :pinshit:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:59 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am

Can I throw a load of rock or sand DIRECTLY into the back seat of the :jeep: ?

:truckyeah: :mahman:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

dubshow wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:01 am

Not sure about in the back of the Jeep.

I know that, this week alone, I've moved around 2200lbs of pavers (about 400 of them) that I wouldn't have been able to do without the Colorado. It's a love/hate relationship with my truck. I love having it because it makes our projects around the house very simple to do. I hate it though, because my wife's friends always ask for my help with shit because I'm the only one in the group with a truck....
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

You mean like in the Gladiator Commercial..... man that :triggered: me a bit I mean I get its supposed to be a rugged vehicle for rugged people but its also $60K..... Idk if I would want to trash it like that
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

I know that, this week alone, I've moved around 2200lbs of pavers (about 400 of them) that I wouldn't have been able to do without the Colorado. It's a love/hate relationship with my truck. I love having it because it makes our projects around the house very simple to do. I hate it though, because my wife's friends always ask for my help with shit because I'm the only one in the group with a truck....

its a good derp vehicle for utility but I hate driving it and it taking up space in driveway.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Irish wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:14 am

You mean like in the Gladiator Commercial..... man that :triggered: me a bit I mean I get its supposed to be a rugged vehicle for rugged people but its also $60K..... Idk if I would want to trash it like that
lolol exactly. You also cant wash that bed out easily. My sand mess took one trip to car wash with pressure washer.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

dubshow wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:14 am
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

its a good derp vehicle for utility but I hate driving it and it taking up space in driveway.
I love driving it, makes a perfect DD for me honestly. Space isn't really an issue either. I just get tired of being the only one in our group with a vehicle that can actually handle hauling stuff outside of just a couple of medium sized boxes. I think we've hauled more shit for friends/family than we have for ourselves, and I've hauled about 6 tons of rock/stone/mulch this summer alone.
max225

Why not just rent a u haul trailer and fill it with that junk like normal people would do ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:24 am Why not just rent a u haul trailer and fill it with that junk like normal people would do ?
Because it's a PITA. Waste time driving to UHaul, then they give you shit about your tow vehicle not being able to tow blah blah (every fucking time I go there this happens), then an hour and a half later if you're lucky, you drive away with a utility trailer, but you only have it for a certain period of time, so you have to rush to the landscape or whatever place, get your shit, then dump it at home and spend 30 minutes cleaning the trailer (or they charge you) and rush back to the UHaul place to return before they close.

Vs.

Drive to place with truck. Get shit. Drive home. Unload. Clean at your leisure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:35 pm My :dillerman: still has 28 2018 Wronglers on the lot... 10k is back on the hood...
There are now 8 2020 models there as well :thisisfine:
~52 2019 models which is quite down vs prior... they had over 100 before :impressive:
Have there ever been 3 model years of the same vehicle on the lot before ? That seems completely unprecedented to me. :wtf:
End of 2019 will be quite interesting

Also it is quite interesting to see if the Wrongler will remain the most popular model in the lineup.... Too bad FCA ended the monthly reporting... :waiting:
Viper. There was a point you could see 4 years of cars that were "new" at the showroom on Stevens Creek.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:47 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:35 pm My :dillerman: still has 28 2018 Wronglers on the lot... 10k is back on the hood...
There are now 8 2020 models there as well :thisisfine:
~52 2019 models which is quite down vs prior... they had over 100 before :impressive:
Have there ever been 3 model years of the same vehicle on the lot before ? That seems completely unprecedented to me. :wtf:
End of 2019 will be quite interesting

Also it is quite interesting to see if the Wrongler will remain the most popular model in the lineup.... Too bad FCA ended the monthly reporting... :waiting:
Viper. There was a point you could see 4 years of cars that were "new" at the showroom on Stevens Creek.
:impressive:
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

I just saw my first Gladiator in the wild...... Was trying to get a pic but the other drivers were :derp:

It was black and had a purple diamond plate in the body section between the windshield and hood...I also thing there were subtle purple accents on the side mirrors. The basic design is eye catching and it looks very retro to these eyes......
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 am
dubshow wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:14 am

I love driving it, makes a perfect DD for me honestly. Space isn't really an issue either. I just get tired of being the only one in our group with a vehicle that can actually handle hauling stuff outside of just a couple of medium sized boxes. I think we've hauled more shit for friends/family than we have for ourselves, and I've hauled about 6 tons of rock/stone/mulch this summer alone.
I just tell people we're busy. :iono:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

In all my years of owning trucks I have only been asked to help out someone twice.
:iono: DIW I guess.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I just said it's broken, so now people just say "I didn't ask you since I figured your truck is broken again"

I just say "Sure is!"
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

My buddy Maxx let’s me borrow his :truk: any time which is handy... but it’s a Ranger he got for $1200. If I owned something like that I’d be happy to toss the keys to friends/family.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:58 am My buddy Maxx let’s me borrow his :truk: any time which is handy... but it’s a Ranger he got for $1200. If I owned something like that I’d be happy to toss the keys to friends/family.
Rangers are now 12,000 because reasons
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:45 am
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 am

I just tell people we're busy. :iono:
Problem is, they ask my wife, not me, and she will tell them we're available, or at least I am, to help with shit. After this last time though, I told her that we're not available to help anyone moving forward.