Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:08 am Anyone know how easily a JL door will ding/dent? The flat metal throws me off all the time with the way light hits it I think they’re dented but they’re not. Just wondering. For a friend.
I've rarely ever seen a JK with door dents. I think that the flatness of the panel makes them pop out easily if someone was to knock into it with a door?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:Anyone know how easily a JL door will ding/dent? The flat metal throws me off all the time with the way light hits it I think they’re dented but they’re not. Just wondering. For a friend.
If you lift it high enough and have huge tires sticking out 2 feet on each side then nothing will ever get near your doors. Can't afford not to do it.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:08 am Anyone know how easily a JL door will ding/dent? The flat metal throws me off all the time with the way light hits it I think they’re dented but they’re not. Just wondering. For a friend.
No dents on mine in almost two years. If you get a Rubi trim, or put Rubi rails on whatever other model you have, they stick out just far enough from the sides that they stop things from hitting your door. Gives you about a 1/2” buffer or so. I’ve been in the Jeep and have had several people open their doors into mine and they haven’t touched the sheet metal at all, just the rails.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

SAWCE wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:02 am
No dents on mine in almost two years. If you get a Rubi trim, or put Rubi rails on whatever other model you have, they stick out just far enough from the sides that they stop things from hitting your door. Gives you about a 1/2” buffer or so. I’ve been in the Jeep and have had several people open their doors into mine and they haven’t touched the sheet metal at all, just the rails.
:dat:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:04 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:50 pm

I agree.

We went and drove a Ram 2500 Laramie yesterday and saw a pair of Gladiators at the dealer. I was not a fan and the wife said it was an abortion. :lol:

I'd keep my ZR2 over the Gladiator every day of the week other than for the interior.
What did you think of the ram?

I think the gladiator proportions are off but I have only seen poor people editions I haven’t seen any rubicons yet.
I liked it a lot.

The thing was pretty loaded up and only missing one option and a couple small things I wanted (Air leveling system for the rear, and misc small items). If it wasn't the granite black color I might have bought it.

This one was MSRP of $78k and was really nice. 12" stereo screen with the SiriusXM 360 system, 19 speaker HK option. Stop and Go ACC... 5th wheel gooseneck... just about everything.

The only thing I really didn't like about it was the decision they made to put gloss piano black trim in the thing, including all around that beautiful 12" display. That shit is going to get marked up with fingerprints and swirls before you get it home.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 am
Johnny_P wrote:Anyone know how easily a JL door will ding/dent? The flat metal throws me off all the time with the way light hits it I think they’re dented but they’re not. Just wondering. For a friend.
If you lift it high enough and have huge tires sticking out 2 feet on each side then nothing will ever get near your doors. Can't afford not to do it.
Or he can just not run doors. Don't have to worry about door dings if you don't have doors.

:themoreyouknow:
Apex

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:38 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 am If you lift it high enough and have huge tires sticking out 2 feet on each side then nothing will ever get near your doors. Can't afford not to do it.
Or he can just not run doors. Don't have to worry about door dings if you don't have doors.

:science:
SAWCE

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:38 am
troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 am If you lift it high enough and have huge tires sticking out 2 feet on each side then nothing will ever get near your doors. Can't afford not to do it.

:word: my freedom panels came off last night, and tomorrow I plan on taking the doors and the rest of the hardtop off for the summer.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Awesome thanks for the feedback bois
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 am
:bravo:

Jokes on them, fuckin' :jackass:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pm Saw my first Gladiator yesterday... honestly, I think the ZR2 looks a lot better.

I would just get a regular JL/JLU :doe:
I agree.

We went and drove a Ram 2500 Laramie yesterday and saw a pair of Gladiators at the dealer. I was not a fan and the wife said it was an abortion. :lol:

I'd keep my ZR2 over the Gladiator every day of the week other than for the interior.
That pic of the Rubi above looks decent but something about the proportions just look off to me. It's funny because I'm meh on the Colorado but think the ZR2 looks so awesome and I love the JL but am meh on the Gladiator.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:31 pm

I agree.

That pic of the Rubi above looks decent but something about the proportions just look off to me. It's funny because I'm meh on the Colorado but think the ZR2 looks so awesome and I love the JL but am meh on the Gladiator.
Exactly the same feelings on the models here. It's weird that the simple changes throw things off so much.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don’t mind the gladiator, all trucks are hideous and it certainly isn’t the worst :wrong:
Apex

max225 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:35 pm I don’t mind the gladiator, all trucks are hideous and it certainly isn’t the worst :wrong:
All trucks are stupid and the owners should just kill themselves. Stupid morans.
SAWCE

Took the rest of the top and all the doors off today. Hoping to roll around like that for a couple of mo this before I need to put anything back on for weather.

Huge thanks to Zil for the alien sunshade. Makes a huge difference keeping that sun off you with the freedom panels off. You lose a good amount of headroom, but I just lowered the seat a bit and adjusted the mirrors accordingly.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:27 pm Took the rest of the top and all the doors off today. Hoping to roll around like that for a couple of mo this before I need to put anything back on for weather.

Huge thanks to Zil for the alien sunshade. Makes a huge difference keeping that sun off you with the freedom panels off. You lose a good amount of headroom, but I just lowered the seat a bit and adjusted the mirrors accordingly.
Pics ?!
SAWCE

max225 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:27 pm Took the rest of the top and all the doors off today. Hoping to roll around like that for a couple of mo this before I need to put anything back on for weather.

Pics ?!
Yeah I’ll go grab some in a few.
SAWCE

GPCA Pro Cover and Dirty Dogs Cargo Divider Net:

Alien Sunshade:

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:51 pm Image

Alien Sunshade:
Wow that looks :tits:
SAWCE

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Alien Sunshade:
Wow that looks :tits:
Thanks!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Alien Sunshade:
:neat: :megusta:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The Jeep is such a dope product. When I retire and don't have to drive like an asshole I'm getting one!
Apex

:megusta: :sawce:
Proper Jeepin’ there
max225

Alien Sunshade:
That’s pretty sweet. You should get some tube doors :doe: makes it look a bit less than someone stole everything from the car. Btw is it even legal to drive without doors ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:58 pm The Jeep is such a dope product. When I retire and don't have to drive like an asshole I'm getting one!
:dat: