Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:50 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:48 pm
I can't member if the Glass on the jeep can pop up before the swing or vice versa. I know I could pop the glass without the gate on the JGC I had. I think it is gate then glass on the jeep :( And agreed on the swing... it is annoying
Swing the gate then pop the glass. Unless you don't close the glass I guess but then its open and bouncing as you drive? Its the only way to do it with the spare tire on the back so I understand it. But a liftback is easier for sure. Which is why I like Xterras.
:disgust: Do the soft tops just zip open :doe:

I can't stand the rear window sag on the Soft Tops though, it looks completely half assed from an engineering standpoint.

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:54 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Swing the gate then pop the glass. Unless you don't close the glass I guess but then its open and bouncing as you drive? Its the only way to do it with the spare tire on the back so I understand it. But a liftback is easier for sure. Which is why I like Xterras.
:disgust: Do the soft tops just zip open :doe:

I can't stand the rear window sag on the Soft Tops though, it looks completely half asses from an engineering standpoint.

Soft top is a no go where I live. But I have no clue if they can be unzipped without the tailgate open. I think there's a seal piece that requires the tailgate open to undo it.
Johnny_P

lol max
No rear wiper either :disappoint:
I'd soft top if I lived in the burbs and didn't have to worry about homeless people with pocket knives.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 pm lol max
I'd soft top if I lived in the burbs and didn't have to worry about homeless people with pocket knives.
Yea that seems to be a common worry about the ST. But to me it just looks terrible on the 4 door. Functionality issues aside. Ugh no simple answers for any of us.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:59 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:57 pm lol max
Yea that seems to be a common worry about the ST. But to me it just looks terrible on the 4 door. Functionality issues aside. Ugh no simple answers for any of us.
I'd 1,000% soft top if I had a place to park the fucker. That's the entire point of the Jeep.
There are some soft tops around me though. Hm. Wonder how likely it is to get knifed. Not like that's any worse than getting a window smashed though and *knockonwood* that hasn't happened in any of my cars because I leave nothing in sight.
max225

I think "knifing" is just as likely as a window smash, I personally have gotten my window smashed in SF, which apparently has the highest car property crime rate in the country, its like double that of detroit. :wtf: that said... I literally never leave anything of value in the car in the city anymore. And putting shit into the trunk doesn't work either... they "watch" you put it in the trunk, smash window then pop trunk or Glove box etc... Nothing is safe if someone wants your shit.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I RARELY leave anything of value in my car. That was from my JK days when I had soft top and half doors.

I too would be OK with a premium soft top. There just aren't many around.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

It’s shocking to me how long their engine lasted ... :fullretard: :derp:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:43 am

It’s shocking to me how long their engine lasted ... :fullretard: :derp:
I made it 1:30 before I couldn't anymore. YouTube blows.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 pm I RARELY leave anything of value in my car. That was from my JK days when I had soft top and half doors.

This would be the holy grail:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

LEDs, premium audio, cold weather, auxiliary buttons, metal bumpers, upgrade wheels. And Mojito.
:notbad:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:53 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:25 pm I RARELY leave anything of value in my car. That was from my JK days when I had soft top and half doors.

This would be the holy grail:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/deta ... /overview/

LEDs, premium audio, cold weather, auxiliary buttons, metal bumpers, upgrade wheels. And Mojito.
Just looks like a fully loaded Version... but same price as a leftover new
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

That mojito Rubi is fucking beautiful
max225

[user not found] wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:33 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:27 pm
Just looks like a fully loaded Version... but same price as a leftover new
I’m not saying I’d buy it at that price. But the spec is real close to ideal.
It is fucking :nice: I really like that color, :tits: hates it.. :butwhy:
max225

https://www.southcountychryslerdodgejee ... 307404.htm

Wow we got 7k off 2019s out here ... Rubicunts too...
Leather
Cold Weather
Trailer tow
LED
Active safety
Steel bumpers
HT Headliner
8 speed all color everything...

:notbad:
max225

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/

And we got 10k on the hood ladies and gents
max225

ChrisoftheNorth

This is used...seems appropriate.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:56 am https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/

And we got 10k on the hood ladies and gents
:ohmy:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:08 pm
This a loaded sport s .... 26k is a killer :dill:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:08 pm
This a loaded sport s .... 26k is a killer :dill:
Doesn't have trailer or cold weather pack..."loaded" as in it has the 7" infotainment 8-speed, and hard top, I guess.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oddly getting more dealers to respond to e-mail price requests on 2018's. They're all 2-2.5k below employee pricing or $7-$8k off.

Thing is, they all require "settling" for too many or not enough features. Not really sure 2-2.5k is enough of an incentive on a 2 year old vehicle. I'd almost rather just order a brand new one exactly how I want.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 pm Oddly getting more dealers to respond to e-mail price requests on 2018's. They're all 2-2.5k below employee pricing or $7-$8k off.

Thing is, they all require "settling" for too many or not enough features. Not really sure 2-2.5k is enough of an incentive on a 2 year old vehicle. I'd almost rather just order a brand new one exactly how I want.
The grills are firing up, the tube-men are being inflated, salesathon is approaching!
What better way to celebrate the greatest nation on earth than by buying a :jeep: and blowing a small crater in the earth?
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:03 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:01 pm Oddly getting more dealers to respond to e-mail price requests on 2018's. They're all 2-2.5k below employee pricing or $7-$8k off.

:dat:

I took a look around to see if there was anything I'd want for schitzengiggel but every one is missing something critical.
https://www.orchardchryslerdodgejeep.co ... G4JW234298

That's the closest I've found to perfection, but it's missing the trailer tow/aux switch pack. At $795...it's basically the price of parts. I'd actually use the switches, so I'd install both trailering and switches on a vehicle that didn't have it. That's a day's worth of work plus ~$800 in parts. For a $2,250 discount. So really $1,500 off plus all my effort to install that shit for a 2 year old vehicle. That's rather meh. Vehicles that include trailer tow have shit I don't want, which basically comes for free after the small discount, but if I don't want it, then why "pay" for it?

:dillerman: told me that he'd let me know if there's any further discounts, but it's looking like the 4th of July salesathon is skipping the Wrangler. Shocking because there's a real chance of 18, 19, and 20 vehicles on the same lot soon.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:11 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:03 pm

:dat:

I took a look around to see if there was anything I'd want for schitzengiggel but every one is missing something critical.

That's the closest I've found to perfection, but it's missing the trailer tow/aux switch pack. At $795...it's basically the price of parts. I'd actually use the switches, so I'd install both trailering and switches on a vehicle that didn't have it. That's a day's worth of work plus ~$800 in parts. For a $2,250 discount. So really $1,500 off plus all my effort to install that shit for a 2 year old vehicle. That's rather meh. Vehicles that include trailer tow have shit I don't want, which basically comes for free after the small discount, but if I don't want it, then why "pay" for it?

:dillerman: told me that he'd let me know if there's any further discounts, but it's looking like the 4th of July salesathon is skipping the Wrangler. Shocking because there's a real chance of 18, 19, and 20 vehicles on the same lot soon.
How difficult of an install are those aux switches? The OEM integration there looks :tits: so I didn't know if there was some BCM that needed to be reprogrammed to recognize them or anything.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:11 pm

How difficult of an install are those aux switches? The OEM integration there looks :tits: so I didn't know if there was some BCM that needed to be reprogrammed to recognize them or anything.
BCM needs to be reprogrammed by dealer and lots of wiring run. Would so much rather just buy it with those installed.

I know I want one for my winch wiring at a minimum.