Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:47 pm

:wrong:

My JL isn't loud, but nevermind my experience. Instead let's rate all of them on a rental Jeep that didn't even have the OEM glass, and who knows what conditions the seals were in from every Yahoo renter removing and incorrectly replacing the tops.

Clearly the entirety of the JL line is a shitfest, just look at those pathetic sales numbers.
The wind noise was basically the only thing I didn’t like about the truck. Could have just been that one I had. But 2 of 2 renters said the truck is deafening at highway speeds. Just relaying my experience. I liked it otherwise.
Like Waxer said, these things are on their 2nd or 3rd aftermarket windshield with freedom panels that have been taken off and put back on incorrectly countless times. I'm really not sure those should be representative of JL overall.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:wrong: :notwrong: :wrong:
:notwrong: :wrong: :notwrong:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 pm

The wind noise was basically the only thing I didn’t like about the truck. Could have just been that one I had. But 2 of 2 renters said the truck is deafening at highway speeds. Just relaying my experience. I liked it otherwise.
Like Waxer said, these things are on their 2nd or 3rd aftermarket windshield with freedom panels that have been taken off and put back on incorrectly countless times. I'm really not sure those should be representative of JL overall.
Nah man...

You done fucked up and went from the worst car company to the worst SUV company.

:nevermind:

:doomed:

:boxodicks:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am
Nah man...

You done fucked up and went from the worst car company to the worst SUV company.

The entire industry is garbage. I should probably just off myself.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Nah man...

Why are you so triggered whenever someone experiences something differently than you do?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:04 am

Nah man...

Why are you so triggered whenever someone experiences something differently than you do?
First, I don't get "triggered" or use that word, it's a word for morans.

Second, why do you (and some others) spew your opinions as facts that spread wide and far from your single sample size? I've watched so many keyboard commandos here express "facts" about vehicles that I've owned that they've only read about or might have seen in passing that it is laughable. I kind of never expected that here.

Monday morning quarterbacks or whatever... You guys do know that nobody lin their right mind legitimately reviews a rental car with unknown repairs of questionable quality as a baseline, right? I mean, sure... rent one and drive it to get a feel, but to be trying to express that the flaws in that one unit as a wide spread defect is simply idiotic.

The more I see these posts here, the less I post. There's a 100k+ mile Tesla Model S on Turo, maybe that should be the next vehicle reviewed and assumed to represent every Model S P100D in existence.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:12 am

Second, why do you (and some others) spew your opinions as facts that spread wide and far from your single sample size? I've watched so many keyboard commandos here express "facts" about vehicles that I've owned that they've only read about or might have seen in passing that it is laughable. I kind of never expected that here.

Monday morning quarterbacks or whatever... You guys do know that nobody lin their right mind legitimately reviews a rental car with unknown repairs of questionable quality as a baseline, right? I mean, sure... rent one and drive it to get a feel, but to be trying to express that the flaws in that one unit as a wide spread defect is simply idiotic.

The more I see these posts here, the less I post. There's a 100k+ mile Tesla Model S on Turo, maybe that should be the next vehicle reviewed and assumed to represent every Model S P100D in existence.
:notwrong:
Johnny_P

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:12 am

Fair. As I stated, I liked the rest of the JL just didn’t like that I had ringing ears from it on a few occasions over the 1400 miles I put on it.

If that’s an anomaly due to an aftermarket non laminated windshield or bad seals or something and not present on a factory fresh vehicle then that’s awesome.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Hey how many miles on your JL Johnny ?

Mine had 4xxx at the time of pickup
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:36 am Hey how many miles on your JL Johnny ?

13385 at delivery. Don’t know for sure how many miles I put on it because the gauge cluster wouldn’t work for 20 minutes every morning. Somewhere around 1400.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:50 am
max225 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:36 am Hey how many miles on your JL Johnny ?

13385 at delivery. Don’t know for sure how many miles I put on it because the gauge cluster wouldn’t work for 20 minutes every morning. Somewhere around 1400.
Yep,. makes sense. Mine still had the "new car smell" even. I may take another one out for spin at some point. But I think I may just end up with a cheaper vehicle. I don't wanna park 55-60k in a toy at the moment.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:07 am :wrong: :notwrong: :wrong:
:notwrong: :wrong: :notwrong:
:dat:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 am

Nah man...

There really is no other option.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am
max225 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:01 pm I really wonder how well/not well the gladiator will be selling .... especially after the first 6 months of backorders are through.

Also I hear the diesel is coming to the jl pretty soon.
I don't wonder at all. This thing is going to CRUSH other mid size competitors. How can it cannot? Are you going to buy a Chebby or Ford insead of this thing?
There is the factor of the bed size. If someone wants a 6" bed, the Gladiator is right out.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:04 am

I don't wonder at all. This thing is going to CRUSH other mid size competitors. How can it cannot? Are you going to buy a Chebby or Ford insead of this thing?
There is the factor of the bed size. If someone wants a 6" bed, the Gladiator is right out.
That volume on midsize trucks is minuscule. MAYBE 10% of sales if that.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I want a Gladiator with a bed cap and my 5.3
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:07 am I want a Gladiator with a bed cap and my 5.3
That would be sweet.
Huckleberry

Detroit wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am

It's a legitimate reason why someone would select the Chevy or Ford variants over the Gladiator, though. Hence my response to the post asking if someone would select any truck other than the Gladiator.
Huckleberry

[user not found] wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:21 am

Until they bring out a regular cab JT, perhaps?
That thing looks sweet and would be a great little truck with the Pentastar and 6 speed manual.
ChrisoftheNorth

Huckleberry wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:10 am
Detroit wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:20 am
It's a legitimate reason why someone would select the Chevy or Ford variants over the Gladiator, though. Hence my response to the post asking if someone would select any truck other than the Gladiator.
Oh, true...that's the only differentiation other than price.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

:fuckyeah: on the :bread: title change
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:46 pm Cleaned this thing for the first time in months.

:bruh:

That thing looks fantastic :jimp:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 am

Nah man...

I decide to check back in on this :bread: to see if anyone else actually bought a :jeep: instead of bitching about them.

Also, saw the new rubi JT in full paint silver. Looked super good. Its just right and looked better than photos. Its "normal" :truck: size with a large cab.
Last edited by dubshow on Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:46 pm Cleaned this thing for the first time in months.

:megusta:

A set of 33's would really set it off, IMO.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm

:megusta:

A set of 33's would really set it off, IMO.
ha ha! I like this. ^^^^
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.