Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:09 pm
Irish wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:59 pm

I'd say that your bro gave up some "cool factor" :doe: I mean the Toyo is sharp as hell but the Rubicons and the Raptor are pretty baller....

My "bro" is 52 yoa so he is not concerned with the mad scene points on much of anything. He loved driving the Raptor but conceded it was ENORMOUS and he didn't really need a pickup. The decision was bit of a surprise, I think he intends to have it long term, maybe do some suspension mods, etc. He's buying it in Texas and may drive it back I'm interested in looking at it.
Bison :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Regardless of the savings I canna do the predator nose on a truck. Makes me wince.
Rubicon JL will get similar MPG.

Land Cruisers are excellent vehicles overall. Lexus LX models are an even better used value. Toyota big SUVs hold up nicely as the miles and years rack on.
:wat:
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:53 pm
Fking phone post^^^
Dammit Dirk! :lol:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Now there is 8k sitting on the hood of a 2018 JL... :mindblown:
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:59 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:57 pm Now there is 8k sitting on the hood of a 2018 JL... :mindblown:
:doomed:
How are things looking for you guys ?
max225

https://www.hbchryslerdodgejeepram.com/ ... hor-trim-3

Oh shit I found a cheaper :jeep: :dillerman: in socal.... $8500 on the hood...but only on some of the models.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:12 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:00 pm

How are things looking for you guys ?
I suppose okay - goal is to sell 100 cars here this month between new and used. We're currently around 85 delivered with a few sold deposits left to get delivered.

We'll hit the goal, which is good. But internet leads are getting worse, customers are getting squirrelier, and I think Mazda is just a hot brand in a cooling market (a good thing for me in the short term).

Our VW store is in bad shape right now.
That's good to hear about you, and shitty about market :-/. What are the main complaints ? High monthlies due to interest rates and higher prices?
max225

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:36 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:22 pm

That's good to hear about you, and shitty about market :-/. What are the main complaints ? High monthlies due to interest rates and higher prices?
Interest rates are up, buyers got too used to low rates for too long. It became the norm.

When I hit someone with a 2.9% interest rate for 63 months on a brand new CX5, people shit bricks. That's the best rate Mazda offers.

"B-b-but Nissan offers 0%!"

Sure, but do you want to drive a Nissan? :dillerman:
Ugh irrational arguments ... then again a cheaper interest rate is, in fact, the same thing as a cheaper price... but a normal thinking person should be able to know what the current market rates are.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:57 pm Now there is 8k sitting on the hood of a 2018 JL... :mindblown:
Hot damn. Link?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:54 pm
Hot damn. Link?
Edit: I see it.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:54 pm

Hot damn. Link?
My somewhat local :dillerman: is straight up $7500 off on quite a few 2018s + $500 rebate which doesn't require you to be a one-legged sailor it seems.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:18 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:59 pm

My somewhat local :dillerman: is straight up $7500 off on quite a few 2018s + $500 rebate which doesn't require you to be a one-legged sailor it seems.
I do the same thing you do.....go to the Jeep site and build my jeep....by the time I am putting $500 liners on my porta poddy roof that cost $2000, the $2000 auto tranny, etc. etc. etc. I am full :rage: and say fuck it.
They SHOULD be offering $7500 off. Also, why are 75% of the Rubicons available Granite, Gray, or Silver?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, why am I paying $1000 for the "polished lip" wheel that looks 100 times better than the "polished pocket" wheel but costs the exact same to manufacture?

YTHO.

By the time I am buying a $60K Jeep I'm like fuck it I'll just get a Yukon Denali with the Corvette motor and the 10 speed.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:26 pm

I do the same thing you do.....go to the Jeep site and build my jeep....by the time I am putting $500 liners on my porta poddy roof that cost $2000, the $2000 auto tranny, etc. etc. etc. I am full :rage: and say fuck it.
They SHOULD be offering $7500 off. Also, why are 75% of the Rubicons available Granite, Gray, or Silver?
Exactly that shit :triggered: me. You literally have to option around 6k to make it daily driveable and another 6k to make it nice...
Granite/Gray/Silver are just the go to colors right now.. they do have other crazy colors though, the blue is nice.

Personally, I am somewhat torn on Sting Gray or Ocean blue.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah its almost BMW levels of :wtf: in their options pricing.

Problem is, there is still no direct competitor. Oh you can get a Rav4 that will be a better daily and come with things like a roof, a headliner, 21st century doors, etc standard, but it's nowhere near as off road capable as the Wrangler is.

They have GOT to be making money hand over fist with these things. Stick axles front and rear have got to be less to manufacture and assemble than something fully independent. $2k for an unpainted top made from recycled Igloo coolers that were $20 brand new. Come on.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

It'll be interesting to see how the Bronco eats into Jeep's cash cow.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 am

Problem is, there is still no direct competitor. Oh you can get a Rav4 that will be a better daily and come with things like a roof, a headliner, 21st century doors, etc standard, but it's nowhere near as off road capable as the Wrangler is.

They have GOT to be making money hand over fist with these things. Stick axles front and rear have got to be less to manufacture and assemble than something fully independent. $2k for an unpainted top made from recycled Igloo coolers that were $20 brand new. Come on.
The problem with the rav 4 is that only the adventure trim is worth while, the others are hideous and blend into soccer moms. Adventure trim is like 36-9k which in all fairness is not that much cheaper, especially since the jeeps have 8k on the hood now.

Also a Jeep still has removable everything and isn’t a raised Camry
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Hmm, there must be some backed up inventory of 2018 Wranglers at the dealers. Yesterday I got a letter from Jeep offering me $1,000 off any 2018 Wrangler that is "New and unsold" on top of any other offers.
max225

Huckleberry wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:34 am It'll be interesting to see how the Bronco eats into Jeep's cash cow.
Jeep probably made their investment into the platform back already, it’s a pure gravy train now.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am Hmm, there must be some backed up inventory of 2018 Wranglers at the dealers. Yesterday I got a letter from Jeep offering me $1,000 off any 2018 Wrangler that is "New and unsold" on top of any other offers.
Gilroy is sitting on 60+ 2018s :mindblown:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:53 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm
Ugh irrational arguments ... then again a cheaper interest rate is, in fact, the same thing as a cheaper price... but a normal thinking person should be able to know what the current market rates are.
Nope. They go straight to the best rate.

0% is irrelevant if you don't actually like the product. But some people just want to drive a payment.
The new 3 series hatch stirred up my loins a bit. Saw the new commercial last night. :megusta:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

This thread is making want to go full blown 'Merica and trade mine in for a JLU with those discounts.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 am

The problem with the rav 4 is that only the adventure trim is worth while, the others are hideous and blend into soccer moms. Adventure trim is like 36-9k which in all fairness is not that much cheaper, especially since the jeeps have 8k on the hood now.

And even as the price gap narrows, objectively, the Rav4 is still a better pick for the vast majority of people to daily drive. It gets double the fuel mileage, it's safer, it likely drives better overall, it brakes and corners better, and will do all the off roading they will ever need it to. But people still gonna buy the Wranglers, and trade them in after a year when they tire of the drawbacks that come with them.

I'm not knocking the Wrangler at all really. It's just built for a different task. Jeep offers something the others don't, the 4x4 capability and removable stuff turning it into an off road buggy of sorts. It's very unique, and like I said there is no true direct competitor to them.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:41 am
max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:39 am

And even as the price gap narrows, objectively, the Rav4 is still a better pick for the vast majority of people to daily drive. It gets double the fuel mileage, it's safer, it likely drives better overall, it brakes and corners better, and will do all the off roading they will ever need it to. But people still gonna buy the Wranglers, and trade them in after a year when they tire of the drawbacks that come with them.

I'm not knocking the Wrangler at all really. It's just built for a different task. Jeep offers something the others don't, the 4x4 capability and removable stuff turning it into an off road buggy of sorts. It's very unique, and like I said there is no true direct competitor to them.
Objectively speaking the populous doesn't disagree with you as the Rav4 outsells the Wrangler 2:1. I dunno mang, right now the main issues for me with the wrangler are MPG + Price with options. So essentially it is just expensive, but I think for someone who wants their car to be a somewhat reflection of themselves, a RAV4 is essentially giving up (in everything but adventure trim) and a wrangler is a pretty cool vehicle.

But no disagreeing on the drawbacks and points you have made. Yes the Rav4 drives better as it is a car based thing.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:41 am

Objectively speaking the populous doesn't disagree with you as the Rav4 outsells the Wrangler 2:1. I dunno mang, right now the main issues for me with the wrangler are MPG + Price with options. So essentially it is just expensive, but I think for someone who wants their car to be a somewhat reflection of themselves, a RAV4 is essentially giving up (in everything but adventure trim) and a wrangler is a pretty cool vehicle.

But no disagreeing on the drawbacks and points you have made. Yes the Rav4 drives better as it is a car based thing.
Or its for people that just kind of don't care much if at all. The Wrangler offers a lot of image points and that's what has been selling them.

When the Explorer first came out it was the same way. People went nuts for them because of the image. CUVs came about because you can capture some of that same image/feel in a vehicle that gets better fuel economy, more interior room, and drives far better than any of those body on frame 4x4s ever did.