Jeeponomics 101: Eternal tirekicking for the gutless Jeep

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Yeah this summer. Needed the 18k as a portion of downpayment for the 🏖🏠
Of course. This entire forum has turned from car guys to crotchfruit producing real estate investors.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=637

On what planet are 13 vehicle transactions with 15 active members crotchfruit producing real estate investors. Everyone is doing both... We've out :plac: 'ed :plac: himself.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I'm lost. Is MK2 is the bolt on girl with the nesting C class that you borrowed to bang MK1 in? So current GF is MK1?

We need some pics.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 pm I'm lost. Is MK2 is the bolt on girl with the nesting C class that you borrowed to bang MK1 in? So current GF is MK1?

We need some pics.
Per the request from the resident forum Sheriff in the Desert.
Current juan is bolt on free MK2, is in a corp role with a 09 TSX
Mk1 has bolt on accessories, a white C with a panda nest in the back nurse.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:47 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:44 pm I'm lost. Is MK2 is the bolt on girl with the nesting C class that you borrowed to bang MK1 in? So current GF is MK1?

We need some pics.
Per the request from the resident forum Sheriff in the Desert. Current juan is bolt on free MK2.
Mk1 has bolt on accessories, a white C with a panda nest in the back.
Got it
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

What happened to the mail-order Juan?
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:52 pm What happened to the mail-order Juan?
Back to Сибирь.

Actual pic of her home town.

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Tarspin wrote:My next fun car is going to be a budget minded mid engine 2200 lb thing hopefully.
:idbu:
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 pm
Tarspin wrote:My next fun car is going to be a budget minded mid engine 2200 lb thing hopefully.
Yea :wat: car is that outside of a Kei car from Japan.

660 CC's of fury made for people 5'10" and under and 150lbs and under.

troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 pm :idbu:

That's me!
max225

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm
max225 wrote:

That's me!
It would be your perfect car if the steering wheel was mounted in the proper place and not due to the directive of some Old fart Queen across the sea.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:54 pm
My cousin now has two X1/9s that he has stripped down to get painted over the winter. They are such a simple and cheap car that I'm thinking about getting one of my own. I came across one on youtube with a k20 motor in it and bilstein coilovers and 13" wheels with fat tars, was a very :jimp: machine! Although now is a tough time for it, but in a few months or a year if I'm sitting on a few extra dollars i may pick up one of my cousin's shells and try to recreate the same k20 project. Or for less money just buy a mid 80s neatly kept example in stock form for around $5-8k. Parts will be a constant outlay but at least the car would be cheap to buy and hold.

Just daydreaming right now... also really like the T top mr2 that came out before yours. They are about 10k.
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
My cousin now has two X1/9s that he has stripped down to get painted over the winter. They are such a simple and cheap car that I'm thinking about getting one of my own. I came across one on youtube with a k20 motor in it and bilstein coilovers and 13" wheels with fat tars, was a very :jimp: machine! Although now is a tough time for it, but in a few months or a year if I'm sitting on a few extra dollars i may pick up one of my cousin's shells and try to recreate the same k20 project. Or for less money just buy a mid 80s neatly kept example in stock form for around $5-8k. Parts will be a constant outlay but at least the car would be cheap to buy and hold.

Just daydreaming right now... also really like the T top mr2 that came out before yours. They are about 10k.
You've got the loonies, just get an Elise. They don't depreciate anyway.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 pm
Tarspin wrote:

You've got the loonies, just get an Elise. They don't depreciate anyway.
I don't right now man. To save on mortgage insurance costs I needed to put down 20% of the new house, and that stripped out all my fun money including the poorvette. Plus it's harder to save right now for 99 different reasons.
troyguitar

Tarspin wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 pm You've got the loonies, just get an Elise. They don't depreciate anyway.
I don't right now man. To save on mortgage insurance costs I needed to put down 20% of the new house, and that stripped out all my fun money including the poorvette. Plus it's harder to save right now for 99 different reasons.
Then get a loan. Your R is free. You make enough to make the payments and then some. It'll be better AND cheaper long-term than some swap project.

With the lack of depreciation, you can consider the payments to be going into savings instead of being lit on fire like the swap parts.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:21 pm

IMO you win if you die with just enough in your bank account to pay for your funeral. The people that wind up with $4MM in their bank / stock / etc investments lived artificially poor lives.
IRL though most people get even cheaper in old age and they hold onto that coin with a death grip.

35 yoa Johnny P = :drunk:
75 yoa Johnny P = :wap:
:wat: :notsure:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:21 pm

IMO you win if you die with just enough in your bank account to pay for your funeral. The people that wind up with $4MM in their bank / stock / etc investments lived artificially poor lives.
IRL though most people get even cheaper in old age and they hold onto that coin with a death grip.

They get wiser and understand that blowing 50k on a Jeep and flipping it surely did a number on their kids who had to go to a :mahtroy: university to be baristas vs spending it on tutoring or athlete related spending that may have landed them in a top tier school or athletic scholarshit.

Some of the spending behavior exhibited by the youth is full on stupid. But you don't learn that unless your parents/school teach you financials. Considering the retardation of the average american based on things like credit scores/debt net/worth compared to their income levels I'd say it is VERY easy to shine in this country.

Just don't fall into the consumerism mindset and stay ahead. FK the haters.
wap

dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:37 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm This thread is all over the fucking place today. :lol:
Welcome, my good lad. To DFD.

Where you can get sound financial advice, career planning strategy, off-roading content and relationshit counseling: All delivered to you buy a guy who lives in a vandownbytheriver

Pretty much a onestopshop. :pinshit:
:bravo:
Damn. I missed a lot today by going to the dentist. :lol:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm
dubshow wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Welcome, my good lad. To DFD.

Where you can get sound financial advice, career planning strategy, off-roading content and relationshit counseling: All delivered to you buy a guy who lives in a vandownbytheriver

Pretty much a onestopshop. :pinshit:
Just a bit. Pearly whites still good?
wap

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 pm

X1/9? :fuckyeah:
Don't forget to post updates of your cousin's cars.
wap

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:04 pm

They get wiser and understand that blowing 50k on a Jeep and flipping it surely did a number on their kids who had to go to a :mahtroy: university to be baristas vs spending it on tutoring or athlete related spending that may have landed them in a top tier school or athletic scholarshit.

Some of the spending behavior exhibited by the youth is full on stupid. But you don't learn that unless your parents/school teach you financials. Considering the retardation of the average american based on things like credit scores/debt net/worth compared to their income levels I'd say it is VERY easy to shine in this country.

Just don't fall into the consumerism mindset and stay ahead. FK the haters.
Can't disagree with any of this.
wap

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Mostly.

I've got a small cavity that I have to back next month to get filled. :rage: :troywax:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Then get a loan. Your R is free. You make enough to make the payments and then some. It'll be better AND cheaper long-term than some swap project.

With the lack of depreciation, you can consider the payments to be going into savings instead of being lit on fire like the swap parts.
Ok i see what you're saying. Can't do it yet but that is a consideration. It would need to be a car that doesn't depreciate.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

wap wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:16 pm

Mostly.

I've got a small cavity that I have to back next month to get filled. :rage: :troywax:
Termites invading the wooden implants? :lol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:17 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:28 pm

X1/9? :fuckyeah:
Don't forget to post updates of your cousin's cars.
I have a few of the yellow one mainly stripped down. The first one its already at a paint shop
troyguitar

Apex wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 pm
wap wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Mostly.

Termites invading the wooden implants? :lol: