Talk British to me: All things MINI

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:tits: and I are taking a weekend trip to the Keys next weekend, picked up a Mini Cooper Coupe on Turo with :manuel:

:popcorn:

Such a weird looking car, she will likely :butwhy: me pretty hard. There was also a four door Cooper S for the same price but they didn't offer airport delivery :disgust:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm :tits: and I are taking a weekend trip to the Keys next weekend, picked up a Mini Cooper Coupe on Turo with :manuel:

Such a weird looking car, she will likely :butwhy: me pretty hard. There was also a four door Cooper S for the same price but they didn't offer airport delivery :disgust:
What year ? Color etc?
max225

Called :dillerman: for brake fluid change...

$99.99 oil change > :notbad:
$259.99 for brake fluid :wtf: that's excessive

Asked for tire rotation and they told me "we don't do that" :wtf:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:54 pm :tits: and I are taking a weekend trip to the Keys next weekend, picked up a Mini Cooper Coupe on Turo with :manuel:

What year ? Color etc?
It's a 2015 (I thought they only made the Coupe one year?) and grey I think.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:56 pm

What year ? Color etc?
Ah gotcha. R gen then. Curious to see what you will think. My buddy is renting out his pooper on Turo constantly. I personally don't understand that practice at all but yea it does get you to try out special cars for longer periods of time for not much money.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:01 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:58 pm

Ah gotcha. R gen then. Curious to see what you will think. My buddy is renting out his pooper on Turo constantly. I personally don't understand that practice at all but yea it does get you to try out special cars for longer periods of time for not much money.
In this case it's $20 more than a poverty-spec rental that we would otherwise need. I don't think I would rent out my personal car :doe: , you'd have to really not give a shit.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:17 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:01 pm

In this case it's $20 more than a poverty-spec rental that we would otherwise need. I don't think I would rent out my personal car :doe: , you'd have to really not give a shit.
Especially a MANUAL
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Especially a MANUAL
If I ever did it, I think an auto Wrangler would be the move - everyone wants one so they would command a high price and frequent bookings, but they're also very durable and hard to fuck up.
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:26 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:23 pm
Especially a MANUAL
If I ever did it, I think an auto Wrangler would be the move - everyone wants one so they would command a high price and frequent bookings, but they're also very durable and hard to fuck up.
And best part is abundant cheap bumpers because everyone wants METAL BUMPER!?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote::tits: and I are taking a weekend trip to the Keys next weekend, picked up a Mini Cooper Coupe on Turo with :manuel:

How the fuck do you have vacation time and money (not to mention NO FUCKS GIVEN ABOUT A FUCKING PANDEMIC) to travel every fucking week? Does your wife actually make millions?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 pm Called :dillerman: for brake fluid change...

:dillerman: doesn't rotate tires? :wat:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

How does Turo work with airport delivery? The owner actually drives the thing to the airport for you to pick up then what...takes a cab home? Seems like a lot of hassle for minimal payback.

Really curious to hear what you think about the Coupe :doe: They're funky and unique...a red one popped up on FB marketplace here with 50k miles for $10k. Seems like a decent value.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 2472073574
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:06 pm

How does Turo work with airport delivery? The owner actually drives the thing to the airport for you to pick up then what...takes a cab home? Seems like a lot of hassle for minimal payback.

Really curious to hear what you think about the Coupe :doe: They're funky and unique...a red one popped up on FB marketplace here with 50k miles for $10k. Seems like a decent value.

Yep. I had a friend of mine doing it for a living. Until he :nope: 'ed out. He even bought a "fleet" of 8 cars. Essentially drove em up to the airport and ubered back.

FYI most of the money he made on people crashing the cars and mileage overages. The actual fee was worthless and too much of a hassle (per him). But Turo really cracked down on excess mileage fees, and he couldn't dick with insurance pay outs anymore, so he :nope: 'ed out.

Also every single one of his cars was crashed at least once, and one vehicle was crashed 3 times. In a span of 1 year.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Yep. I had a friend of mine doing it for a living. Until he :nope: 'ed out. He even bought a "fleet" of 8 cars. Essentially drove em up to the airport and ubered back.

FYI most of the money he made on people crashing the cars and mileage overages. The actual fee was worthless and too much of a hassle (per him). But Turo really cracked down on excess mileage fees, and he couldn't dick with insurance pay outs anymore, so he :nope: 'ed out.

Also every single one of his cars was crashed at least once, and one vehicle was crashed 3 times. In a span of 1 year.
People give zero fucks, of course the cars get trashed. I could never make sense of why people participate in Turo. Still can't.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:18 pm

People give zero fucks, of course the cars get trashed. I could never make sense of why people participate in Turo. Still can't.
Share your house
Share your car
Share your wife
Become a cuck

It all makes sense
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:22 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:18 pm
Share your house
Share your car
Share your wife
Become a cuck

It all makes sense
:disgust: on all that. We did airbnb and that's a :nope: ever again. People suck, what's mine is mine.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:mindblown:
Sounds totally pointless and rage inducing. I guess they have a high turn over rate, people trying their hand at it and like your buddy pulling the 'chute.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:32 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:22 pm

Share your house
Share your car
Share your wife
Become a cuck

It all makes sense
:disgust: on all that. We did airbnb and that's a :nope: ever again. People suck, what's mine is mine.
My update from the cleaning girl today:

-some paint on the walls, tiles and a bed sheet
-large oven element doesn't seem to work
-Rotten bag of potatoes in the lower cupboard, threw out but there is a stain where they sat and it won't come out.

I'll be painting this winter (no surprise)
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:58 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:32 pm

-Rotten bag of potatoes in the lower cupboard, threw out but there is a stain where they sat and it won't come out.

An investment property like yours is one thing... is put up with the bs.

But when it's your primary residence and people do that shit... :nope:
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm
Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:58 pm

People suck as you and I very well know and why we moved as far as possible.
max225

What is the proper brake fluid for the pooper F gen, and is there any special bleed procedure?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:32 pm

People suck as you and I very well know and why we moved as far as possible.
:dat:
max225

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/f ... flush.html

Of course... with my luck seems like the F56 brakes a bitch to bleed for some mysterious reason.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:57 pm Called :dillerman: for brake fluid change...

Fucking hell. We charged less than that at Porsche for a brake flush. That’s criminal.
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:09 pm

Fucking hell. We charged less than that at Porsche for a brake flush. That’s criminal.
Another place wants $209. Still not happy. I found oem fluid locally for $15 for 3 quarts. And I’ll probably get a another pressure bleeder since mine shit itself.