Talk British to me: All things MINI

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:49 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:31 pm
I appreciate it. While the temptation is very real, it's just not the right time sadly. I don't even really have anywhere to put it past April.
:( well I'll keep an eye out.

I have a thing where i just open up craigslist and search within a 150mile area for a "jcw" amazingly... not a single F gen popped up and that R :unicorn: did. I am mainly doing that to see how much I gamestonk'ed my own Mini... I'll keep a lookout going.
I'm curious to see what you find...I'd love to buy a car from your area to bring out here.

I'm just not seriously in the market to buy anything for at least another 6 mos or so. I've got progress to make getting :tits: on my side, and I have other things to focus on. House still needs a lot of work, I need to temper the excitement for a boat :rolleyes: Plus the car market is screwed right now anyway and I never drive anywhere, so buying more cars makes very little sense at this moment.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I was literally about to post that... That motherfucker is doing it right.
max225

max225

Kind of ironic that he posted the vid... he literally points out my earlier talking points about how the car he got is "mechanically totaled"

Due to useless owners... per usual.
max225

$6100 in repairs :mindblown:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:53 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:49 pm

:( well I'll keep an eye out.

I have a thing where i just open up craigslist and search within a 150mile area for a "jcw" amazingly... not a single F gen popped up and that R :unicorn: did. I am mainly doing that to see how much I gamestonk'ed my own Mini... I'll keep a lookout going.
I'm curious to see what you find...I'd love to buy a car from your area to bring out here.

I'm just not seriously in the market to buy anything for at least another 6 mos or so. I've got progress to make getting :tits: on my side, and I have other things to focus on. House still needs a lot of work, I need to temper the excitement for a boat :rolleyes: Plus the car market is screwed right now anyway and I never drive anywhere, so buying more cars makes very little sense at this moment.
I’d boat over fun car 5/7 times in your specific situation.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:53 pm

I’d boat over fun car 5/7 times in your specific situation.
That's what everyone's telling me because of our slip and whatnot. It seems in theory that a boat would be more fun to cruise around in than a car, but I'm still :notsure: about the hassle of it overall.

But that's also why I'm not rushing out to buy anything. If the right boat popped up at the right :dill: I could see giving it a shot for a year or two to see.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:12 pm
I was about to post that, but yeah talk about :troywax: triple the value just to get it on the road....minus the headliner and the clutch, big ooooofff
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:04 pm
razr390 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:12 pm
I was about to post that, but yeah talk about :troywax: triple the value just to get it on the road....minus the headliner
Well the issue are
1. Utter neglect... 2. 2k purchase price is depressed for a reason.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

max225 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:05 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:04 pm

I was about to post that, but yeah talk about :troywax: triple the value just to get it on the road....minus the headliner
Well the issue are
1. Utter neglect... 2. 2k purchase price is depressed for a reason.
Absolutely!!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Yea especially the gen 1 cars have a ton of consumables... It is well known that parts of the cooling system and the suspension system only last 60-80k miles. So you just got to make sure you follow through and make the updates. Take off suspensions with no miles are pretty cheap still.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I still kind of want one :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:06 pm This is :waxer: but I love it https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1642788 ... n=referral
That's literally double the cost chef sold his for with similar miles. I don't a jcw is worth that much more than the S.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:13 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:06 pm This is :waxer: but I love it https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1642788 ... n=referral
That's literally double the cost chef sold his for with similar miles. I don't a jcw is worth that much more than the S.
Yeah I agree it is too much... but it's cool.

I really wanted his car :lolol: It was right after I sold the Beemah, and I was tempted. I'm glad I didn't pick up a DD :doe: I drive the C5 only 300ish miles/month other than track events and that one trip to CT.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:16 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:13 pm

I really wanted his car :lolol: It was right after I sold the Beemah, and I was tempted. I'm glad I didn't pick up a DD :doe: I drive the C5 only 300ish miles/month other than track events and that one trip to CT.
I really liked his body color roof
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:26 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:16 pm

I really liked his body color roof
Yeah that thing was really epic in general... great set of mods, really clean, good color combo.
max225

I posted one for 1/2 that and another for 14.5 if you’re interested let me know
max225

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/f ... s-n18.html

Was trying to read up on these ... double vanos + different pcv seem like the main differences.

What exactly changed that makes the N18 vastly superior ? Seems like the same ol crappy design
ChrisoftheNorth

Saw this the other day, very appealing. Curious to see what it bids to.
max225

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:28 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:13 pm https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/f ... s-n18.html

Was trying to read up on these ... double vanos + different pcv seem like the main differences.

What exactly changed that makes the N18 vastly superior ? Seems like the same ol crappy design
Double VANOS, improved fuel pump, improved timing chain, and other refinements.

https://www.lohen.co.uk/blog/how-do-the ... mpare.html
So... explain... the last sentence says that it is the same garbage as the N18 unless I’m missing something
max225

@Zillskie look what my sig other found
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:40 am Who wants to invest in R53coin?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/ ... 70150.html

Beautifully kept 2003 in the right color with the right roof at a fantastic price. :doit:
:impressive: deal! I'd scoop this RN if it was in my neighborhood. :like: it
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:40 am Who wants to invest in R53coin?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/ ... 70150.html

Beautifully kept 2003 in the right color with the right roof at a fantastic price. :doit:
Damn the wants. Glad it's not close to me.