Talk British to me: All things MINI

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

R56 JCW with the Recaros... Or ideally a GP2. :megusta:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:01 am R56 JCW with the Recaros... Or ideally a GP2. :megusta:
:megusta: for sure.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:33 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Accessible fun is what it’s all about.

No need for go to jail speeds to have fun.
FiST :bread:
Same concept. I just have an irrational hate for Ford.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:00 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:07 am
You know, I still get letters to my mailbox regarding recalls and TSBs and class action lawsuits from my 2012 Focus. :lol:
:lolol: That's terrible. Ford has made some really crappy products, but I can admit that it's made some good ones. Seems like overall the Fiesta (without the powershit transmission) was pretty solid.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:33 am

FiST :bread:
Well, they’re all but dead to me after applying the ST ethos to SUVs, discontinuing the RS, and above all not bringing the new FiST to the US market.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
ChrisoftheNorth

4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:53 pm
Well, they’re all but dead to me after applying the ST ethos to SUVs, discontinuing the RS, and above all not bringing the new FiST to the US market.
It's the inevitable future of the industry in this country, sadly. Can't blame Ford for that. The auto industry sucks here.

Woa, I just stood up for them. Wow.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Ford is finally revamping a 15 year old strategy of shit ass cars and trucks and were hating on them. Aaaight
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:09 pm Ford is finally revamping a 15 year old strategy of shit ass cars and trucks and were hating on them. Aaaight
Outside of the Mach E and Bronco/Sport, there's not much going great for Ford. They still can't launch a vehicle for some reason. I wouldn't touch one.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:09 pm Ford is finally revamping a 15 year old strategy of shit ass cars and trucks and were hating on them. Aaaight
Outside of the Mach E and Bronco/Sport, there's not much going great for Ford. They still can't launch a vehicle for some reason. I wouldn't touch one.
New F150 is fine, mustang still pretty cool. Ranger is acceptable. I mean I’d question GM more than ford at this point.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:29 pm
New F150 is fine, mustang still pretty cool. Ranger is acceptable. I mean I’d question GM more than ford at this point.
New F-150's are stacking up like cordwood for reworks...it's like the Explorer all over again. :yikes:

Mustang, fine

Ranger is a mediocre truck with a decent powertrain, not sure why people buy them honestly.

GM is "all in on EV" despite not showing anything other than a $100k supertruck. Agreed, I'm still not sure about that "strategy"
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:05 pm
Well, suppliers are all dealing with Covid issues, too.

Not a fun time to launch a product or produce anything if you're in a state where Covid is :fakenews:
COVID is just a convenient excuse.

I'm working on a MASSIVE vehicle launch right now and it wasn't delayed because of COVID. My company happened to chose all suppliers that weren't impacted by COVID, yet Ford didn't? I don't think so...
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:08 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:05 pm

Well, suppliers are all dealing with Covid issues, too.

Not a fun time to launch a product or produce anything if you're in a state where Covid is :fakenews:

I'm working on a MASSIVE vehicle launch right now and it wasn't delayed because of COVID. My company happened to chose all suppliers that weren't impacted by COVID, yet Ford didn't? I don't think so...
Curious are you having issues with TSMc ? It seems like we may share suppliers...
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:17 pm

:iono:

I'd wager most blue collar filled factories are just forging ahead full :aintcare:
They are. That's why the Bronco delay due to COVID is 100% :yeahok:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 pm

Curious are you having issues with TSMc ? It seems like we may share suppliers...
Oh yea, just like everyone right now. I don't have direct interaction with that side of the business :doe: I just have some friends in supply chain ripping their hair out right now.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:25 pm

Oh yea, just like everyone right now. I don't have direct interaction with that side of the business :doe: I just have some friends in supply chain ripping their hair out right now.
It is killing/delaying some of my new products that are not yet on the market. ANNNNDDD.... I just read the whole lead from the ZEE GERMANS to them as well to get them prioritized... wild times.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 pm
It is killing/delaying some of my new products that are not yet on the market. ANNNNDDD.... I just read the whole lead from the ZEE GERMANS to them as well to get them prioritized... wild times.
Really is wild times.

We've given up on trying to redo our kitchen because everything is sold out everywhere.
max225

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:48 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:43 pm

Really is wild times.

We've given up on trying to redo our kitchen because everything is sold out everywhere.
Yup I can't get patio furniture either.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:48 pm
Really is wild times.

I bought an outdoor sectional at Costco a monthish ago?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:45 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:32 pm

I bought an outdoor sectional at Costco a monthish ago?
10-4 Will check.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:iono: the COVID "excuse" is legit... It took me nearly six months to get a bicycle.

My company is a manufacturer and distributor and we've had major issues, particularly with most of the products coming from China. Our own products are now OK/mostly available, anything 3rd party we sell relating to residential AV (stuff like SONOS, Yamaha/Pioneer receivers, etc) is all still pretty fucked.

That said, I also kind of want a MINI. I think Max is on to something with a nice F series S for cheap. The Rs still get my jimmies riled a little bit more :doe:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:10 pm :iono: the COVID "excuse" is legit... It took me nearly six months to get a bicycle.

My company is a manufacturer and distributor and we've had major issues, particularly with most of the products coming from China. Our own products are now OK/mostly available, anything 3rd party we sell relating to residential AV (stuff like SONOS, Yamaha/Pioneer receivers, etc) is all still pretty fucked.

That said, I also kind of want a MINI. I think Max is on to something with a nice F series S for cheap. The Rs still get my jimmies riled a little bit more :doe:
It impacts some things and not others. Again, I'm directly working on a major automotive product launch and we've managed no delays due to COVID. Products rolling off the line daily.

I can't get the fucking range I ordered in October, the gas stove we ordered for the lowered level won't come in until April (ordered in December), and new kitchen cabinets don't even have an ETA yet...but automotive supply chains are planned out much further in advance. The chip shortage is posing issues for everyone, but that's not unique to new products. Ford sucks and is using COVID as an excuse to cover up their shitty engineering and inability to launch new products.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, and they got the Bronco Sport out! How was that immune to COVID?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:57 pm
4zilch wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:53 pm

It's the inevitable future of the industry in this country, sadly. Can't blame Ford for that. The auto industry sucks here.

Woa, I just stood up for them. Wow.
I understand the direction, but it doesn't mean I agree with it.

(I know Americans suck, my views are completely self serving)
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:49 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:10 pm :iono: the COVID "excuse" is legit... It took me nearly six months to get a bicycle.

It impacts some things and not others. Again, I'm directly working on a major automotive product launch and we've managed no delays due to COVID. Products rolling off the line daily.

I can't get the fucking range I ordered in October, the gas stove we ordered for the lowered level won't come in until April (ordered in December), and new kitchen cabinets don't even have an ETA yet...but automotive supply chains are planned out much further in advance. The chip shortage is posing issues for everyone, but that's not unique to new products. Ford sucks and is using COVID as an excuse to cover up their shitty engineering and inability to launch new products.
:dat:

We've been mostly in the same boat in terms of production. Full speed ahead.

Getting service parts on the other-hand....
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:04 pm This looks so much better.

It looks a bit less like this:

I dig it overall.