Talk British to me: All things MINI

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:54 pm

If anyone's questioning the structural integrity of a MINI vs an Audi TT.

Unfortunately the JCW belonged to one of our own members: Blasian.

All good save for some broken/dislocated toes.
Wait, was his name Jade or something like that?

Glad everyone was ok.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:14 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:18 pm

Wait, was his name Jade or something like that?

Glad everyone was ok.
:dat:
Dang. :(
Guess that's what he gets for leaving DFD.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:54 pm

If anyone's questioning the structural integrity of a MINI vs an Audi TT.

Unfortunately the JCW belonged to one of our own members: Blasian.

All good save for some broken/dislocated toes.
Jesus!
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:24 am
wap wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:44 pm

:ohdang:
:trollface:

I kid ONLY because you said he was unhurt.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

[user not found] wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Shots fired! :wap: :nuke: :amaze:

In seriousness, I know we are all happy he's OK.
wap

D Griff wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:50 am

Shots fired! :wap: :nuke: :amaze:

In seriousness, I know we are all happy he's OK.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

:ohdang: I think the spoiler is a little too much, and they took the "widebody" approach, assuming for aerodynamic purposes.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Epic car, but man they went full TYPE R on it in terms of styling, while I can handle the spolier the follow wheel arch things are terrifying to look at.

300hp :doe: in a sub 3k lb vehicle...
max225

I love the GP power/wheel updates... It's going to be an immensely fun car to drive :jelly:
Swedish Chef
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 2013 Mini Pooper

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm
Epic car, but man they went full TYPE R on it in terms of styling, while I can handle the spolier the follow wheel arch things are terrifying to look at.

My thoughts exactly.

Power and everything aside, I could never live with that.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Those wheel splitter side things..... woof
max225

I think they wanted to make a wide body and ran out of money... because they'd probably have to stamp a whole new body, and ain't nobody got money fo dat limited production. So they went with autozone fake wheel arches instead. A bit of :( but no one is buying 2 door minis...
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Swedish Chef wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm

My thoughts exactly.

X1 billion.

The pasted on flares and wing make it look like a 14 year old's dream.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:25 pm
Swedish Chef wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:09 pm

My thoughts exactly.

X1 billion.

The pasted on flares and wing make it look like a 14 year old's dream.
I don't understand this recent trend...
STI
Civic Type R
Mini GP
Camero ZL1 1LE

Are all over-styled when it comes to this performance thing... I am about functional performance but some of these things are :fullretard:
max225

Is there an active Mini forum? I am on northamerican motoring but the F56 chat is dead... no one can answer questions and people post like every other day or week in there. :wtf:
max225

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d440- ... id=Cooper/

Someone is selling this for $375 locally... Carb legal tune... supposedly gets the car from 228 to 280 hp... :notsure:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I even like the Type R, but man, those side fender things are HIDEOUS.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote:I even like the Type R, but man, those side fender things are HIDEOUS.
That GP makes the Type R look good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:04 pm https://www.dinancars.com/product/d440- ... id=Cooper/

Someone is selling this for $375 locally... Carb legal tune... supposedly gets the car from 228 to 280 hp... :notsure:
Dude the tuning options for BMW are crazy tempting... stuff available for $300 "used" all day long that I haven't really come across any major issues with (like clutches on GTIs) and makes epic powah.

:doit: for :science:
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:43 am
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:04 pm https://www.dinancars.com/product/d440- ... id=Cooper/

Dude the tuning options for BMW are crazy tempting... stuff available for $300 "used" all day long that I haven't really come across any major issues with (like clutches on GTIs) and makes epic powah.

Yea .... I’m tempted ... lighting $375 on fire isn’t that great ... but it’s somewhat tempting given Dinan has a 40 year history with BMW, and is usually super conservative.

But I’m :notsure: If there are reliability issues on this. I really like how the car runs stock...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:43 am

Yea .... I’m tempted ... lighting $375 on fire isn’t that great ... but it’s somewhat tempting given Dinan has a 40 year history with BMW, and is usually super conservative.

But I’m :notsure: If there are reliability issues on this. I really like how the car runs stock...
You'll notice I have yet to :doit: :iono: Personally I don't really care about the $300-400, but am kinda meh on rolling the reliability dice, even though it does seem pretty safe. What are your current thoughts on longevity? How long will you keep this beast?
max225

D Griff wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:51 am
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:46 am

You'll notice I have yet to :doit: :iono: Personally I don't really care about the $300-400, but am kinda meh on rolling the reliability dice, even though it does seem pretty safe. What are your current thoughts on longevity? How long will you keep this beast?
Current thoughts are, this engine seems good for 100k miles. And we’re talking oil changes and air filters type miles. I have no interest in replacing EGRs, diverter calves, valve covers etc all the components getting stressed with more boosta.

My car is under warranty for another 6 months, so I was hoping to go to a :dillerman: for a once over to see if anything needs doing. And then calling it a day. I don’t want to be stranded by blowing a rod through my block due to a batch of bad gas or whatever.

My other issue is putting the power down, the car will roast the 205s now, with 30% extra free hp, I’d have to get wheels and tires too, another $1500 lit on fire.

How long will I have this car ? :notsure: I really like it for what it is, and I don’t know what I would enjoy driving more at the moment. I thought about :jeep: s for a bit, but were at $4.20 for regular ... that’s a tough pill to swallow for a DD
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am

Current thoughts are, this engine seems good for 100k miles. And we’re talking oil changes and air filters type miles. I have no interest in replacing EGRs, diverter calves, valve covers etc all the components getting stressed with more boosta.

My car is under warranty for another 6 months, so I was hoping to go to a :dillerman: for a once over to see if anything needs doing. And then calling it a day. I don’t want to be stranded by blowing a rod through my block due to a batch of bad gas or whatever.

My other issue is putting the power down, the car will roast the 205s now, with 30% extra free hp, I’d have to get wheels and tires too, another $1500 lit on fire.

How long will I have this car ? :notsure: I really like it for what it is, and I don’t know what I would enjoy driving more at the moment. I thought about :jeep: s for a bit, but were at $4.20 for regular ... that’s a tough pill to swallow for a DD
This is my ultimate conclusion (for now) as well. I will probably keep the Beemah a while, since the exhaust and fixing the parking brake cable death rattle, it is a nice DD that works for my needs. That said, I'd rather spend money/time wrenching on/modding the C5 than on the Beemah and don't want to risk breaking shit. More boost will reduce reliability of some components, the question is when. I figure I can drive this car for like 50k miles then offload it at 60-90k miles, I'd like to just have it be an easy to live with DD in that time frame.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:57 am

This is my ultimate conclusion (for now) as well. I will probably keep the Beemah a while, since the exhaust and fixing the parking brake cable death rattle, it is a nice DD that works for my needs. That said, I'd rather spend money/time wrenching on/modding the C5 than on the Beemah and don't want to risk breaking shit. More boost will reduce reliability of some components, the question is when. I figure I can drive this car for like 50k miles then offload it at 60-90k miles, I'd like to just have it be an easy to live with DD in that time frame.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

I'd get this: https://www.burgertuning.com/collection ... 38-b48-jb4