Interesting Car Spotted Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 pm
razr390 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:54 pm
You should :doit: mang! YOLO
I'm way too much of a :scrooge: :pussy: :doe: :disappoint: :wap: :rage:
They depreciate doe, a used one with 5k miles wouldn’t be too bad
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:14 pm
wap wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 pm

I'm way too much of a :scrooge: :pussy: :doe: :disappoint: :wap: :rage:
True. I wouldn't buy new.

Shit, I won't buy at all. :( :disappoint:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

:gag:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:25 pm Image

Possibly heaviest 911 as possible, dat 4s, convertible and presumably auto, perhaps powdercoat dem :ramz: like the color combos doe as they are my favorite soccer team colors
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:mahtroy: spec
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Possibly heaviest 911 as possible, dat 4s, convertible and presumably auto, perhaps powdercoat dem :ramz: like the color combos doe as they are my favorite soccer team colors
This is a factory ordered car and the wheels are exterior paint to match from the factory. This car was originally sold at a dealer not too far away from us.

I sent this to the guys at work and they told me that buyer wanted to order it with us. We had a modifiable allocation for a GTS and when we were presented with the build sheet we asked for the car to be paid for, in full, up front, with no cancellation.

Other dealer apparently was brave enough to order and hope they didn’t get stuck with it.

But the GTS deals with the extra weight well, and the new Turbo cars are quick.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:51 pm

This is a factory ordered car and the wheels are exterior paint to match from the factory. This car was originally sold at a dealer not too far away from us.

I sent this to the guys at work and they told me that buyer wanted to order it with us. We had a modifiable allocation for a GTS and when we were presented with the build sheet we asked for the car to be paid for, in full, up front, with no cancellation.

Other dealer apparently was brave enough to order and hope they didn’t get stuck with it.

More money than taste. Wow. Yeah I’d be nervous to order that as well.

This was spotted in Lambertville.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Ronald McDonald’s personal vehicle ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:51 pm

:ohdang: matching wheels from factory order? :themoreyouknow:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
wap wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 pm I'm way too much of a :scrooge: :pussy: :doe: :disappoint: :wap: :rage:
:dat:

Can get one under $20k easily. Why not just :doit: ?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:

Assuming wap bought the :turboyaris: new, and if i recall, started at $23k since 2010. So this will be cheaper for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The Fiata is truly a joy to drive, one of my favorite cars I've driven this year.

Also, that Macdoe spec 911 :jimp:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:39 pm The Fiata is truly a joy to drive, one of my favorite cars I've driven this year.

I may possibly go to sf and probably using turo for first time. I checked LA, and I saw atleast 4 fiata’s, i was :mindblown: i also found $20 a day for a smart car that I actually thought about renting for shits and giggles :lol: but don’t wanna get rearended by an armenian on his salvage title m555555 broooo
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote:
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:39 pm The Fiata is truly a joy to drive, one of my favorite cars I've driven this year.

I may possibly go to sf and probably using turo for first time. I checked LA, and I saw atleast 4 fiata’s, i was :mindblown: i also found $20 a day for a smart car that I actually thought about renting for shits and giggles :lol: but don’t wanna get rearended by an armenian on his salvage title m555555 broooo
I rented the brown manual Fiata in LA on Turo, it was available at the LAX Turo parking deck which was really convenient. Definitely recommend, and take it to Angeles Crest.

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:38 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Assuming wap bought the :turboyaris: new, and if i recall, started at $23k since 2010. So this will be cheaper for sure.
Yup, bought it new. $28500 OTD.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:30 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote:
I rented the brown manual Fiata in LA on Turo, it was available at the LAX Turo parking deck which was really convenient. Definitely recommend, and take it to Angeles Crest.

I learned about Angeles Crest since the dead forum. I was so jelly about the socal guys on their last sunday that I lurked on their chat :lol: Next time when I visit LA (god knows when), I'm gonna chew up some miles for sure and capture it with my gopro.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:30 pm

I learned about Angeles Crest since the dead forum. I was so jelly about the socal guys on their last sunday that I lurked on their chat :lol: Next time when I visit LA (god knows when), I'm gonna chew up some miles for sure and capture it with my gopro.
I went out there a few times on weekday mornings at like 6 AM and it was totally 5/7. No one on the road and you can just run hard. It does look like it gets closed often in winter, as it's way colder up there than in LA. Early morning also provides great lighting for pics.

It's pretty rad that you can just drive 40 minutes out of the city and be on a truly amazing driving road and it's not just packed all of the time, one of the coolest things about LA, IMO. Plus, lots of cool hikes and stuff in those mountains.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:51 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm

I went out there a few times on weekday mornings at like 6 AM and it was totally 5/7. No one on the road and you can just run hard. It does look like it gets closed often in winter, as it's way colder up there than in LA. Early morning also provides great lighting for pics.

It's pretty rad that you can just drive 40 minutes out of the city and be on a truly amazing driving road and it's not just packed all of the time, one of the coolest things about LA, IMO. Plus, lots of cool hikes and stuff in those mountains.
I know it. I remember mcqueen talked about it and claimed its like 3 hours away when its actually not that far. All you have to do is go for it at the right time so you won't get stuck behind a fart sniffing prius
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:31 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:51 pm

I know it. I remember mcqueen talked about it and claimed its like 3 hours away when its actually not that far. All you have to do is go for it at the right time so you won't get stuck behind a fart sniffing prius
Yeah I don't remember where he lived specifically... but it's not far at all if you're not going at rush hour.

The closest great roads to me are 90 minutes and further and I still have better proximity than most Americans.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:38 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah I don't remember where he lived specifically... but it's not far at all if you're not going at rush hour.

The closest great roads to me are 90 minutes and further and I still have better proximity than most Americans.
Like the blue ridge and tail of dragon?

Im about an hour from skyline drive (without traffic) and about 2 hours from north end of blue ridge (i used charlottesville eta)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:41 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:38 pm

Like the blue ridge and tail of dragon?

Im about an hour from skyline drive (without traffic) and about 2 hours from north end of blue ridge (i used charlottesville eta)
TOTD is like 3.5 hours, Blue Ridge is about 90 minutes (better for sightseeing than spirited driving, IMO) but there are lots of roads near there that are good.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I have absolutely nothing near me.

But even when I lived in SoCal, in Orange county, it would have taken 3 hours to get to Angeles Crest in normal (horrible) traffic.

:disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 pm I have absolutely nothing near me.

But even when I lived in SoCal, in Orange county, it would have taken 3 hours to get to Angeles Crest in normal (horrible) traffic.

That is quite a waste of time unless theres actually nothing better to do. I don’t take backroad runs too often cause they not that worth a drive for me, with the exception of where I took trudy the roads of Clifton, about 15 mins from home.

Sounds like next time when I visit LA with the intention of driving on those roads, I gotta make sure my accommodation is not far from those roads. I may potentiallt visit SF as well.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 pm I have absolutely nothing near me.

That is quite a waste of time unless theres actually nothing better to do. I don’t take backroad runs too often cause they not that worth a drive for me, with the exception of where I took trudy the roads of Clifton, about 15 mins from home.

Sounds like next time when I visit LA with the intention of driving on those roads, I gotta make sure my accommodation is not far from those roads. I may potentiallt visit SF as well.
If you're going to visit LA with a plan of driving good roads, I'd stay in Santa Monica. Beach and fun stuff around, incredible eye candy, then you can take PCH through Malibu for about 30 minutes to get to the Malibu canyon roads. There are so many epic driving roads in a small area it's crazy. My favorite was a Coral Canyon, it starts at a 76 station on PCH with a big ball that you can catch in movies all the time. It winds up into the mountains and goes past some houses, once past the houses, it's epic turn after epic turn and eventually DEAD ENDS. There's never any traffic on it as a result, so you can really hammer up there.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:09 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 am

If you're going to visit LA with a plan of driving good roads, I'd stay in Santa Monica. Beach and fun stuff around, incredible eye candy, then you can take PCH through Malibu for about 30 minutes to get to the Malibu canyon roads. There are so many epic driving roads in a small area it's crazy. My favorite was a Coral Canyon, it starts at a 76 station on PCH with a big ball that you can catch in movies all the time. It winds up into the mountains and goes past some houses, once past the houses, it's epic turn after epic turn and eventually DEAD ENDS. There's never any traffic on it as a result, so you can really hammer up there.
Im aware of the 76, the orange ball thing as logo. I will keep this in mind. I will definitely do some homework on those places before I head there