Interesting Car Spotted Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 pm I saw this today driving to the hospital. I know some of you :fap: to these so enjoy.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Some :bruh: in my neighborhood DDs/street parks a GT-R. :fancy:
I see a couple get DD'd around here, too. Saw one in a strip mall parking lot a couple weeks ago. Some bro just doing some random shopping.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:42 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:38 pm

Some :bruh: in my neighborhood DDs/street parks a GT-R. :fancy:
I see a couple get DD'd around here, too. Saw one in a strip mall parking lot a couple weeks ago. Some bro just doing some random shopping.
Are these considered special to you guys?

I'm seriously asking because out here they are very common.. and for the price, they are basically the same as a C7 Z06 that has options. Was/is it unbelievable that I daily drove the Z06/Z07 and now the 991.2 in the nice months?
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
wap wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:42 pm I see a couple get DD'd around here, too. Saw one in a strip mall parking lot a couple weeks ago. Some bro just doing some random shopping.

I'm seriously asking because out here they are very common.. and for the price, they are basically the same as a C7 Z06 that has options. Was/is it unbelievable that I daily drove the Z06/Z07 and now the 991.2 in the nice months?
You live in the sports car capital of the world. I think that I can count the number of GT-R's that I have seen on public roads in my entire life on one hand. Two hands if you count track events.

I have seen two McLarens ever and I might see a non-SUV Porsche 10 times a year.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote:

You live in the sports car capital of the world. I think that I can count the number of GT-R's that I have seen on public roads in my entire life on one hand. Two hands if you count track events.

I have seen two McLarens ever and I might see a non-SUV Porsche 10 times a year.
Same here.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:46 pm

I have only ever seen one in the wild here in the blessed lands..... owned by a notorious drug dealer according to my son.....
wap

Not all that "special" to me, tbh. Just kind of rare around here. I see many more C5/6/7's, plus 911's/Gaymans/Boxters, etc.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Eh, they are definitely less common here than 911s and Corvettes, but the only thing "special" about them to me is how ugly they are. I assume they suck to DD a little more than a 911.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

:mindblown: I see non-SUV Porsches more like 10X a day.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Eh, they are definitely less common here than 911s and Corvettes, but the only thing "special" about them to me is how ugly they are. I assume they suck to DD a little more than a 911.
Dunno why you say that, the 911 makes a great daily.

If I didn't care about it getting damaged by road debris I'd drive it year round. Easy to get in and out of, even with SPASM and roomy enough inside with a back seat.

My boss has a 993 Turbo he ordered new that he daily drove 200 miles a day in. Thing has almost 250k miles on it now and had one engine freshening. Not bad for a 90s German car.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote:

Point taken.

That sucks, I like seeing all the exotics parked on streets here. I guess we are spoiled out here.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 pm You live in the sports car capital of the world. I think that I can count the number of GT-R's that I have seen on public roads in my entire life on one hand. Two hands if you count track events.

Point taken.

That sucks, I like seeing all the exotics parked on streets here. I guess we are spoiled out here.
Insanely high incomes, perfect weather, and zero law enforcement? Yeah, you have attained nirvana.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:34 pm

If I didn't care about it getting damaged by road debris I'd drive it year round. Easy to get in and out of, even with SPASM and roomy enough inside with a back seat.

My boss has a 993 Turbo he ordered new that he daily drove 200 miles a day in. Thing has almost 250k miles on it now and had one engine freshening. Not bad for a 90s German car.
Oh yeah that's kinda what I meant, didn't word it well. I thinkg the GT-R would be OK to daily (outside of consumables costs) but wouldn't be as good as a 911. I think the best thing about the Porsches is that they are amazing dynamically but also great for the daily stuff - no scrape, shit turning radius, or the other things that make Corvettes a little annoying. I've never driven a 911 but the Cayman S I rented was something I'd drive year round as my only car without hesitation, super comfy on top of being an amazing driver, they're actually somewhat spacious too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:55 pm You live in the sports car capital of the world. I think that I can count the number of GT-R's that I have seen on public roads in my entire life on one hand. Two hands if you count track events.

Point taken.

Porches appear to actually be pretty darn reliable from what I've read. You have to keep up with :waxer: maintenance, but if you can do that, you're good it seems.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 am

Oh yeah that's kinda what I meant, didn't word it well. I thinkg the GT-R would be OK to daily (outside of consumables costs) but wouldn't be as good as a 911. I think the best thing about the Porsches is that they are amazing dynamically but also great for the daily stuff - no scrape, shit turning radius, or the other things that make Corvettes a little annoying. I've never driven a 911 but the Cayman S I rented was something I'd drive year round as my only car without hesitation, super comfy on top of being an amazing driver, they're actually somewhat spacious too.
RE: turning radius..... You need to try one with rear axle steering. At low speed it reduces the turning circle by 1.6 feet and at speed it emulates a shorter wheelbase in the turns. I am blown away at the ability to cut a U-Turn on the smallest of streets when my Z06 needed a parking lot.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:03 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:08 am

RE: turning radius..... You need to try one with rear axle steering. At low speed it reduces the turning circle by 1.6 feet and at speed it emulates a shorter wheelbase in the turns. I am blown away at the ability to cut a U-Turn on the smallest of streets when my Z06 needed a parking lot.
Yep... Corvette turning radius is :disgust:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:10 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 pm

Point taken.

Porches appear to actually be pretty darn reliable from what I've read. You have to keep up with :waxer: maintenance, but if you can do that, you're good it seems.
Yea I dunno :bruh: grenading engines, scorched cylinder etc etc they all have their issues.

But you have to remember that a poorsche is a 3rd car for most people that gets 5000 miles a year, so they will likely not face any hardships, be parked outside and see many jiffy lubes.

That’s at least 10 years of trouble free enjoyments. Almost anything will last 50k miles with no issues.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I've seen that porsche at cars & coffee before

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Actual CSB.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Clownshoobie
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Clownshoe

I recently worked the itsjustasix event in Dallas. Lots of Merican iron:

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Went for a run in a :waxer: neighborhood this morning and spotted a McLaren AND an Aston Martin doing the morning commute. :notbad: for 4 miles.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 pm I saw this today driving to the hospital. I know some of you :fap: to these so enjoy.

fun fact, if that plate is custom, he might be Turkish. GS is an Istanbul soccer team, and 34 is the plate code for Istanbul.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 pm

fun fact, if that plate is custom, he might be Turkish. GS is an Istanbul soccer team, and 34 is the plate code for Istanbul.
Interesting!
wap

Spotted this black beauty the other day near my dentist office. Always liked these.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm Spotted this black beauty the other day near my dentist office. Always liked these.

These are aging gracefully ! Great little cars
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:47 pm
wap wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:29 pm Spotted this black beauty the other day near my dentist office. Always liked these.

These are aging gracefully ! Great little cars
:notwrong:
They handled pretty great for the day and they had a :nice: interior, again for the day. Don't know much about dat G-Lader supercharger doe. Were they made of glass or are they fairly robust?