Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:24 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm B2B is 4/50
Also the Model S and X have UNLIMITED warranty for miles for the engine/battery for 8 years. :mindblown:

Based on what I read one thing about tesla batteries unlike iphone batteries is the fact that they last a very long time... they are at 85% + after 100k miles.
Drive unit issues, :doe:
it's under warranty :aintcare: and at least THEY FUCKING FIX THE GOD DAMN CAR UNLIKE BMW here :rage:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:28 pm
it's under warranty :aintcare: and at least THEY FUCKING FIX THE GOD DAMN CAR UNLIKE BMW here :rage:
That's what's going to get the company in the long run :doe:

Warranty is very expensive.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:30 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Market cap of 60 billion... seems like they raised enough capital to "Afford it". What they can't afford however is building cars in fremont, where an average 2000 sq ft house costs 1.8Million dollars. The land the factory is sitting on is likely worth 100billion $ at current values, also, their logistics, dealer network is likely burning through cash like crazy, as well as the workers making 2x the salary of the average japanese/detroit blue collar dudes and likely 10x the average Mexican.

But they are going to build them in china soon enough. :disgust: now that that factory is being built... and it'll be competitive. :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:31 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Market cap of 60 billion... seems like they raised enough capital to "Afford it". What they can't afford however is building cars in fremont, where an average 2000 sq ft house costs 1.8Million dollars. The land the factory is sitting on is likely worth 100billion $ at current values, also, their logistics, dealer network is likely burning through cash like crazy, as well as the workers making 2x the salary of the average japanese/detroit blue collar dudes and likely 10x the average Mexican.

But they are going to build them in china soon enough. :disgust: now that that factory is being built... and it'll be competitive. :disgust:
Hard to say. When tariffs add 25%+ to the cost, is it still competitive?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:36 pm

Considering how they are blowing money here. I'd say :yeth: I really wonder why they didn't just invade Detroit and pour some much needed money into it 8 years ago. Then again it was "cheap" back then here as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:38 pm
Considering how they are blowing money here. I'd say :yeth: I really wonder why they didn't just invade Detroit and pour some much needed money into it 8 years ago. Then again it was "cheap" back then here as well.
They got the Fremont plant for free didn't they? Talk about a great deal.

Could have owned Detroit :doe:
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:41 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:38 pm

I wish one or two of the OEMs sort of reigned in tesla when they were cheap enough instead of wasting fucking money on shit like Scooter companies, bicycle companies, and CRUZ
A joint venture/agreement between Ford/GM Could have easily coughed up the 20billion Tesla was worth 4 years ago, and get their hands on real battery/autonomous tech vs the half-assed 8 year too late BS happening now. But they were all too focused on their balance sheets which don't fking matter as everyone treats them as shitty penny stock, Fraud is just getting destroyed right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:43 pm

I wish one or two of the OEMs sort of reigned in tesla when they were cheap enough instead of wasting fucking money on shit like Scooter companies, bicycle companies, and CRUZ
A joint venture/agreement between Ford/GM Could have easily coughed up the 20billion Tesla was worth 4 years ago, and get their hands on real battery/autonomous tech vs the half-assed 8 year too late BS happening now. But they were all too focused on their balance sheets which don't fking matter as everyone treats them as shitty penny stock, Fraud is just getting destroyed right now.
At some point, there has to be a reckoning for stock price to equal financial performance. The market has made no sense for the last number of years, once there's a serious correction, things must change.

Still, I agree that it was a major missed opportunity. Would have been wise, but would Elon have even considered it? Probably not. What makes Tesla great is not having to deal with the :bs: that weighs down these ancient companies.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:52 pm

At some point, there has to be a reckoning for stock price to equal financial performance. The market has made no sense for the last number of years, once there's a serious correction, things must change.

Still, I agree that it was a major missed opportunity. Would have been wise, but would Elon have even considered it? Probably not. What makes Tesla great is not having to deal with the :bs: that weighs down these ancient companies.
It doesn't matter whether he considered. Once you do a take over... you're doneskie. You're publically traded. Hostile takeover...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm B2B is 4/50
Also the Model S and X have UNLIMITED warranty for miles for the engine/battery for 8 years. :mindblown:

Based on what I read one thing about tesla batteries unlike iphone batteries is the fact that they last a very long time... they are at 85% + after 100k miles.
:whocares:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm

It doesn't matter whether he considered. Once you do a take over... you're doneskie. You're publically traded. Hostile takeover...
Oh, true.
max225

Tesla has had an enormous amount of shit shoveled their way over the last 4 years...
Any CRASH is PUBlICIZED by the Fake New Networks their CEO is in the public limelight (partially due to his own fault) constantly.
Any "auto pilot" issue is like blown completely out of proportion
People talking shit about the "tent" etc etc

But it is what it is, their cars are undeniably amazing. And NOTHING so far came close.

I am glad they succeeded thus far.
Johnny_P

They should have bought into supercharger tech. That was retarded not to. Here’s a company building a country wide charging network but nope let’s make our own shit. If you could charge a Fraud at a supercharger you might consider it over a Bolt.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 pm Tesla has had an enormous amount of shit shoveled their way over the last 4 years...
Any CRASH is PUBlICIZED by the Fake New Networks their CEO is in the public limelight (partially due to his own fault) constantly.

But it is what it is, their cars are undeniably amazing. And NOTHING so far came close.

By all accounts I can find the model 3 is an absolutely incredible machine. I would love to own one.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:59 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:56 pm Tesla has had an enormous amount of shit shoveled their way over the last 4 years...

By all accounts I can find the model 3 is an absolutely incredible machine. I would love to own one.
I have seriously considered a Model 3 Performance. If I didn't have the Corvette, I'd probably have one.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

If tesla was branded as GM people would be loosing their minds.
Johnny_P

Jhiina = worlds single largest car market and the .gov there has a vested interest in electric cars because they’re sick of being the laughing stock of the world from their smog problems. He’d be a retard not to open a factory there.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:59 pm

I have seriously considered a Model 3 Performance. If I didn't have the Corvette, I'd probably have one.
I am serious that if I had a half assed charging option I’d have just bought one of them.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm
Says the guy who's still madbro about his GTI like 10 yrs later.

:trollface:
Johnny_P

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Covered under warranty who cares. Paying out of pocket for massive costs blows. Lease the bitch because the tech moves way too fast at this point. If you can’t lease it buy with plans on dumping and getting new juan in 3.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm
I am serious that if I had a half assed charging option I’d have just bought one of them.
I've got ample charging opportunities, just too much rolling stock to liquidate first. Corvette isn't remotely marketable for 6 mos now. Volt would sell fast, but I rely on it. I missed the tax benefit, so now I stay with what I have.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 pm

I've got ample charging opportunities, just too much rolling stock to liquidate first. Corvette isn't remotely marketable for 6 mos now. Volt would sell fast, but I rely on it. I missed the tax benefit, so now I stay with what I have.
IIRC the tax Bennie is a ramp down not a cold cut off
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:07 pm

IIRC the tax Bennie is a ramp down not a cold cut off
Indeed, it ramps down over the course of the year. Still, less incentive to make moves. I still love the Corvette, and I really like commuting in the Volt, so whatever. I'm more pleased than I should be with the current stable.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:06 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:03 pm

Covered under warranty who cares. Paying out of pocket for massive costs blows. Lease the bitch because the tech moves way too fast at this point. If you can’t lease it buy with plans on dumping and getting new juan in 3.
The customer service would need to be :tits:
max225

You drive one charge a month or so ... :whocares: