Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 am Makes sense, IMO. A truck with tools in it is cheaper than a giant brick and mortar place. With only 3 models, can probably easily keep on hand commonly replaced parts. Better for the company and a major bonus to owners. There's still infrastructure that needs to be put in place to take it widespread, but it's a legit :notbad: idea.
Most of the "fixing" is probably done via laptop and resetting ECU's these days, I would guess.
Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:27 am
Apex wrote:
Most of the "fixing" is probably done via laptop and resetting ECU's these days, I would guess.
:lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Apex wrote:
:lolol: :dat:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Apex wrote:
That is Actually one of the steps to trouble shoot them
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... celeration
This Model 3 needed only 1.4 seconds to leap from 30 to 50 mph and just 2.0 seconds to get from 50 to 70. Never mind other sports sedans—they're not competitive by this measure. This Tesla's mid-range acceleration tops the performance of 700-hp sports cars like the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and Porsche 911 GT2 RS, in which there's a moment's delay while automatic transmissions downshift and engines rev up. And the Tesla does it without drama beyond the alarming way it pushes you back into the seat as the car closes on any traffic ahead. There's no jerk and no roar—plant your foot on the accelerator and it simply goes.

We measured zero-to-60-mph acceleration at 3.5 seconds, 1.6 quicker than the rear-drive Long Range model tested earlier. The Model 3 Dual Motor Performance ran a quarter-mile in 12.1 seconds at 114 mph. We clocked the BMW M3—the performance bogie for Tesla—at 4.0 seconds to 60 mph and 12.2 in the quarter-mile.
Ho-lee-chit. 30-50 in 1.4 seconds, 50-70 in 2 flat. Christ.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:39 am https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/20 ... celeration
This Model 3 needed only 1.4 seconds to leap from 30 to 50 mph and just 2.0 seconds to get from 50 to 70. Never mind other sports sedans—they're not competitive by this measure. This Tesla's mid-range acceleration tops the performance of 700-hp sports cars like the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and Porsche 911 GT2 RS, in which there's a moment's delay while automatic transmissions downshift and engines rev up. And the Tesla does it without drama beyond the alarming way it pushes you back into the seat as the car closes on any traffic ahead. There's no jerk and no roar—plant your foot on the accelerator and it simply goes.

We measured zero-to-60-mph acceleration at 3.5 seconds, 1.6 quicker than the rear-drive Long Range model tested earlier. The Model 3 Dual Motor Performance ran a quarter-mile in 12.1 seconds at 114 mph. We clocked the BMW M3—the performance bogie for Tesla—at 4.0 seconds to 60 mph and 12.2 in the quarter-mile.
Ho-lee-chit. 30-50 in 1.4 seconds, 50-70 in 2 flat. Christ.
I'd really love to experience what that feels like.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I caught a dash cam of model 3 vs 370z the other day. Im not sure if the tesla was going full throttle, but they were both dead even
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:51 am I caught a dash cam of model 3 vs 370z the other day. Im not sure if the tesla was going full throttle, but they were both dead even
Yeah a poverty spec Model 3 will be about even with a Z.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:51 am I caught a dash cam of model 3 vs 370z the other day. Im not sure if the tesla was going full throttle, but they were both dead even
Yeah a poverty spec Model 3 will be about even with a Z.
I’ll post a clip sometime tonight on here, for non snapchatters. from what I remember, the z started as normal shifted to 2nd at 4k RPM and went wot
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

Sold my Tesla stock today. Thanks Elon, you did great for me and earned me a bit of money. I just unfortunately don’t see a profitable company in the next 5+ years, especially considering the giant investment in China. I’m voting with my wallet.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:31 am Sold my Tesla stock today. Thanks Elon, you did great for me and earned me a bit of money. I just unfortunately don’t see a profitable company in the next 5+ years, especially considering the giant investment in China. I’m voting with my wallet.
Really smart move.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Although unrelated to tesla possibly, all this eeyore has me selling $10k in stocks today. Mainly AA (alcoa since i bought them for $17, and they are at 35), shoupd have sold two weeks ago at $47/share
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:31 pm Although unrelated to tesla possibly, all this eeyore has me selling $10k in stocks today. Mainly AA (alcoa since i bought them for $17, and they are at 35), shoupd have sold two weeks ago at $47/share
Posted in the other thread...
Johnny_P

TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE TRACK MODE (RELEASE VERSION): LUDICROUS HANDLING

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/m ... on-review/
What no one is quite saying out loud, though, is that a 1:21.49 snips a lifetime-like 1.29 seconds from Randy's recent lap in the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. The new time essentially matches a 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 and even beats a former Best Driver's Car winner, the 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia (1:22.30). Until the new BMW M3 shows up, that perches the Model 3 atop the podium as the world's quickest sport sedan—at least around this track.

:micdrop: the wants guise. All the wants.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:31 pm TESLA MODEL 3 PERFORMANCE TRACK MODE (RELEASE VERSION): LUDICROUS HANDLING

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/tesla/m ... on-review/
What no one is quite saying out loud, though, is that a 1:21.49 snips a lifetime-like 1.29 seconds from Randy's recent lap in the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio. The new time essentially matches a 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 and even beats a former Best Driver's Car winner, the 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia (1:22.30). Until the new BMW M3 shows up, that perches the Model 3 atop the podium as the world's quickest sport sedan—at least around this track.

:micdrop: the wants guise. All the wants.
:amazing:
max225

:lolgasm: but dat gasoline engine and dem braps... dem useless tesla engineers that build shit in a tent with nails.

Still won't be profitable long term doe :thisisfine:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

The only other concern I'd have buying one of these is the reliability piece. If they prove durable and get a better interior I'd seriously consider one. Five to eight years from now the :fax: will be on the table. Fingers crossed that this brand does great.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm The only other concern I'd have buying one of these is the reliability piece. If they prove durable and get a better interior I'd seriously consider one. Five to eight years from now the :fax: will be on the table. Fingers crossed that this brand does great.
They have an 8 year 100k mile warranty. :whocares: about reliability.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:12 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:56 pm The only other concern I'd have buying one of these is the reliability piece. If they prove durable and get a better interior I'd seriously consider one. Five to eight years from now the :fax: will be on the table. Fingers crossed that this brand does great.
Oh serious? Is that B2B?
Johnny_P

Oh my god who the hell cares :whocares:
max225

Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:37 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Oh serious? Is that B2B?
Power train / engine / battery
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Oh my god who the hell cares :whocares:
I do because reasons.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:37 pm

Oh serious? Is that B2B?
Power train / engine / battery
Thats a long ass warranty, :notbad:
max225

B2B is 4/50
Also the Model S and X have UNLIMITED warranty for miles for the engine/battery for 8 years. :mindblown:

Based on what I read one thing about tesla batteries unlike iphone batteries is the fact that they last a very long time... they are at 85% + after 100k miles.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:14 pm B2B is 4/50
Also the Model S and X have UNLIMITED warranty for miles for the engine/battery for 8 years. :mindblown:

Based on what I read one thing about tesla batteries unlike iphone batteries is the fact that they last a very long time... they are at 85% + after 100k miles.
Drive unit issues, :doe: