Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What’s 40million between friends ... :mindblown:
max225

Supposedly Tesla made 53k model 3s and 80k vehicles total. They are surpassing vw at this rate in the us ! :impressive:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:05 am
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:58 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/tesla-f ... y-sec.html

Elon is getting slapped for running his "Twitter mouth". :popcorn:
Finally, real consequence for all this Twitter :bs:
Thank you. But no prob if you're the guy with the key to a zillion ICBMs.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:05 am

Finally, real consequence for all this Twitter :bs:
Hopefully, his day off reckoning will come soon.

This seems to be the first high profile incidence where reckless Twitter activity resulted in real tangible penalty. I hope this puts Twitter morans on notice.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:56 pm Supposedly Tesla made 53k model 3s and 80k vehicles total. They are surpassing vw at this rate in the us ! :impressive:
That is quite :impressive:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:24 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:42 am

Hopefully, his day off reckoning will come soon.

This seems to be the first high profile incidence where reckless Twitter activity resulted in real tangible penalty. I hope this puts Twitter morans on notice.
Elon :aintcare: he will watch the world burn from his McMansion on mars.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:56 pm Supposedly Tesla made 53k model 3s and 80k vehicles total. They are surpassing vw at this rate in the us ! :impressive:
:wow:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Great news, it's nice to see them pump out product. Even up here i see at least one T daily.
max225

Also one of the few times they hit their guidance number. Either way they doubled their prior output... man these things will be absolutely everywhere. They will sell well over 100k model 3s this year, yes of course a far cry from the 500k or whatever bs number.. but these are transacting at 60k and not 35. They “should” be profitable
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:25 pm Also one of the few times they hit their guidance number. Either way they doubled their prior output... man these things will be absolutely everywhere. They will sell well over 100k model 3s this year, yes of course a far cry from the 500k or whatever bs number.. but these are transacting at 60k and not 35. They “should” be profitable
I don't see how it couldn't be profitable by Q4. The massive capital expenditures have to be winding down, and with the production rate hitting its stride of high priced models, if it doesn't happen now, it's doubtful it ever will.

Starting to see more and more Model 3's around here, which is :mindblown: since Teslas can't even be sold in this state. Which brings up a whole other thing...there's still a bunch of states that Tesla can't sell freely in. With production volume over 100k units, it'll be increasingly critical to figure out sales in those states.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:20 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:25 pm Also one of the few times they hit their guidance number. Either way they doubled their prior output... man these things will be absolutely everywhere. They will sell well over 100k model 3s this year, yes of course a far cry from the 500k or whatever bs number.. but these are transacting at 60k and not 35. They “should” be profitable
I don't see how it couldn't be profitable by Q4. The massive capital expenditures have to be winding down, and with the production rate hitting its stride of high priced models, if it doesn't happen now, it's doubtful it ever will.

Starting to see more and more Model 3's around here, which is :mindblown: since Teslas can't even be sold in this state. Which brings up a whole other thing...there's still a bunch of states that Tesla can't sell freely in. With production volume over 100k units, it'll be increasingly critical to figure out sales in those states.
I think i will sell my stock closer to December. I don’t see them succeeding past that point without major headaches. The headwinds are intensifying. Time to buy that JL
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:20 pm

I think i will sell my stock closer to December. I don’t see them succeeding past that point without major headaches. The headwinds are intensifying. Time to buy that JL
Stock will spike with earnings/profit announcement. That's the time to get out.
max225

Autopilot will now disable full-speed acceleration when you’re at low speeds when there’s something in front of the car. If you’re parking in a parking garage, for example, Autopilot will try to stop you from rocketing into the wall if you mix up the accelerator/brake or mistakenly think you’re in reverse.
One step closer to PODs. Autopilot won't allow you to ram the car into a wall. :butwhy:

The lane change features and passing didn't get loaded doe :thanksobama:
max225

Bi Polar CEO still running his mouth...

However

:impressive:

https://www.tesla.com/blog/model-3-lowe ... sted-nhtsa
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm Bi Polar CEO still running his mouth...

However

This really is quite :impressive:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 am

However

I like this too. Probably the electronics/crash mitigation tech. I read that Caddilac is making some big strides right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 am
I like this too. Probably the electronics/crash mitigation tech. I read that Caddilac is making some big strides right now.
The post actually only talks about structural elements that lead to “safer” crashes. Pretty :impressive: to read through.

I legit want a fun electric car. I’ve been thinking more lately that a Model 3 performance would be cool.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

However

Yeah I mean that's what happens when you have a super rigid floor made of batteries and debris shields, coupled with no gigantic iron boat anchor trying to shotgun it's way through the dashboard if you hit something. The entire frunk is a crumple zone. Similar to how rear impacts on a sedan will pancake the back end but absolutely no damage at all to the passenger compartment. No iron block to restrain, plenty of space to crumple. So that's not really surprising to me.

What IS surprising is the side impact test. That's :impressive: af and aside from small offset front, likely the hardest crash to protect from since you have basically no crumple zone for deceleration.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:59 am

However

Yeah I mean that's what happens when you have a super rigid floor made of batteries and debris shields, coupled with no gigantic iron boat anchor trying to shotgun it's way through the dashboard if you hit something. The entire frunk is a crumple zone. Similar to how rear impacts on a sedan will pancake the back end but absolutely no damage at all to the passenger compartment. No iron block to restrain, plenty of space to crumple. So that's not really surprising to me.

What IS surprising is the side impact test. That's :impressive: af and aside from small offset front, likely the hardest crash to protect from since you have basically no crumple zone for deceleration.
:dat:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:59 am

The post actually only talks about structural elements that lead to “safer” crashes. Pretty :impressive: to read through.

I legit want a fun electric car. I’ve been thinking more lately that a Model 3 performance would be cool.
I want one. I'd be looking at them if I had anywhere to charge one. Even if it was just a work charger. 300 miles, that would last me 3 weeks at least. If Tesla builds more superchargers, or someone builds public charging solutions in general in the Philly area I'd consider it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:55 am

I want one. I'd be looking at them if I had anywhere to charge one. Even if it was just a work charger. 300 miles, that would last me 3 weeks at least. If Tesla builds more superchargers, or someone builds public charging solutions in general in the Philly area I'd consider it.
I have work charging, but would :trigger: a lot of people if I rolled up in a Tesla instead of a Volt or Bolt.

I legit enjoy commuting in the Volt. I tend to choose it over the truck and poorvette often. A fast EV with 2-300 miles of range would be :jimp:
Johnny_P

$50k ish to get into a basic RWD one in a color. $727/mo. But basically no fuel cost. I dunno I think that's pretty reasonable if you have home charging.
ChrisoftheNorth

I want the AWD performance just for the :lolol:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:24 am

I have work charging, but would :trigger: a lot of people if I rolled up in a Tesla instead of a Volt or Bolt.

I legit enjoy commuting in the Volt. I tend to choose it over the truck and poorvette often. A fast EV with 2-300 miles of range would be :jimp:
Yeah that would be.... ah... frowned upon. Kind of like the last capital project manager we had owned a Prius. LOTS of comments from the peanut gallery about owning a Prius when you work at an oil refinery. I would get ridiculed non stop as well.

I don't love the 3, but don't hate it. I love what it stands for and that it's so different from anything on the market.

IMO they can look good in basic spec. And those odd wheels, you can pull the plastic covers off them to make them look normal. But even then I kinda like the salad shooters.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:37 am I want the AWD performance just for the :lolol:
0-60 in 3.5, 310 miles of range, and a futuristic uncluttered interior sounds pretty fucking good to me too.
$67k for a blue one with white interior. Man I don't even think that's too bad. A Hellcat costs the same and performs the same. But this has more snob factor while that has more roidbro factor.

:iono: