Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

I don't care what anyone sense... this company and the cars it makes are absolutely positively insane.
Sits... 7
Goes 300+ miles on a charge
0-60 in under 2.5 seconds.

NOTHING COMES CLOSE PERIOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbr3hHy28AA

If I had start up money. This would be my daily.
max225

max225

Full on LULZ on the giant diesel powered generator powering the teslas.
max225

Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

New report on the new Easter Egg update taking another 1/10th off the 0-60 time. The car continues to blow doors off over priced euro trash so called 'hyper' cars. Amazing what the car is capable of--

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ven-faster
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Neat.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Ok, so for real. I had beers last night with a dude I used to work with. He has a number of friends at Tesla who said that the Model 3 is being designed for 100% autonomous assembly...as in no human workers. Just some dudes cruising to make sure everything is going right. Ballsy because starting this with the volume model could be disastrous, but if it works out, Tesla would easily have one of the lowest assembly costs per vehicle in the industry. And very possibly how the Model 3 will hit its price point.

But really, that's just more rich getting richer, less jerbs for the working man. Wonder how Trump would approach that?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote:Tesla is the heart of a giant Ponzi scheme.
it sure does look like it, but im not betting Against Elon... i fell like he has a "trump" card up his sleeve?
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
[user not found] wrote:Tesla is the heart of a giant Ponzi scheme.
it sure does look like it, but im not betting Against Elon... i fell like he has a "trump" card up his sleeve?
He will take everyone's money and :nope: to mars.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
It seems to be his end game.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote: He will take everyone's money and :nope: to mars.
I can see a shit eating grin from his face as he uses cash to fuel his rocket boosters
Like dis.... :trollface:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:lolol:

I love what he is doing.

problem is...just a sniff of a recession and the jig will be up and all his hard work might be lost.

I fundamentally believe that electric (cars) is the way of the future, and hes end goal is making it affordable.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Imageol:

I love what he is doing.

problem is...just a sniff of a recession and the jig will be up and all his hard work might be lost.

I fundamentally believe that electric (cars) is the way of the future, and hes end goal is making it affordable.
Yeah the debate (for me) isn't if he is doing great things for the industries he is in, it's if there is actually a sustainable business.
It isn't. And he doesn't care because he's a master at continuing the ponzi scheme.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: It isn't. And he doesn't care because he's a master at continuing the ponzi scheme.
As long as it lasts long enough for me to get my solar shingles.
I am highly skeptical that those are real and/or even remotely economically feasible. Especially for those of us in the northern part of the country.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: I am highly skeptical that those are real and/or even remotely economically feasible. Especially for those of us in the northern part of the country.
Agreed but a boy can dream
Agreed.
If it actually happens, I'll be pretty :rage: since I just replaced my roof this past summer, and could/would have held off for a while to do this instead.

Oh well.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote:
[user not found] wrote: As long as it lasts long enough for me to get my solar shingles.
I am highly skeptical that those are real and/or even remotely economically feasible. Especially for those of us in the northern part of the country.
Thought the same until I saw solar panels on roofs all over Germany.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Agreed.
If it actually happens, I'll be pretty :rage: since I just replaced my roof this past summer, and could/would have held off for a while to do this instead.

Oh well.
I have 10-15 years left in mine which, even if this doesn't work, seems like I'll be hitting it perfectly from a tech perspective.

Oh look, another thread had become one of the three types of threads we have at dfd.
:lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote:
Detroit wrote: I am highly skeptical that those are real and/or even remotely economically feasible. Especially for those of us in the northern part of the country.
Thought the same until I saw solar panels on roofs all over Germany.
I know it works, just not as efficiently as in sunny areas. Without serious .gov subsidy (like in Germany), there's not much hope without more breakthroughs in tech.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

SOLAR ROADS!

Wait, that's not a thing?

Elon is a smart fella, and I wish him well in his adventures.

Tesla is making a thing people buy, an electric car is now seen as a luxury item, instead of a geeky thing like the Gee-Whiz.
Totally automated production doe, man, talk about quality control issues.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote:SOLAR ROADS!

Wait, that's not a thing?

Elon is a smart fella, and I wish him well in his adventures.

Tesla is making a thing people buy, an electric car is now seen as a luxury item, instead of a geeky thing like the Gee-Whiz.
Totally automated production doe, man, talk about quality control issues.
:dat:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Can somebody explain his Mars fetish to me? I just don't get what anyone gains by going to Mars unless there's some massive store of some resource there that could be mined and sold back here.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Wouldn't you?

Nothing like the vastness of space to make a damn fine wall between myself and stupid.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote:Can somebody explain his Mars fetish to me? I just don't get what anyone gains by going to Mars unless there's some massive store of some resource there that could be mined and sold back here.
Just to do it.

I mean why not?

We went to the moon, drove around and played some golf, took a few selfies and planted a flag.

Other than the massive tech boost required, scientific discoveries to be made, and don't forget, drawing a dick on the martian surface.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote:
coogles wrote:Can somebody explain his Mars fetish to me? I just don't get what anyone gains by going to Mars unless there's some massive store of some resource there that could be mined and sold back here.
For me it's the amount of tangential technologies we will have to develop to get there. Huge benefits.
Sure, but he's talking about colonizing Mars and putting a million people there. What the fuck is the point?
Apex
Drives: Abominable

[user not found] wrote:
coogles wrote:
Sure, but he's talking about colonizing Mars and putting a million people there. What the fuck is the point?
Because it's there?

Human experience is a constant journey of going to live in the next harsh place.
:dat: