Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Not that this is a big deal for anyone, but this is right outside my house and we don't see Model 3s much. Those wheels look small but aren't the salad shooters. They have Tesla center caps, so they're Tesla?

Look legit :notbad:

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

5/7 would drive that. :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:06 pm Not that this is a big deal for anyone, but this is right outside my house and we don't see Model 3s much. Those wheels look small but aren't the salad shooters. They have Tesla center caps, so they're Tesla?

Those are the Aero wheels with their plastic covers taken off, ala Prius. They are actually a great design underneith. Their other wheels are 19" useless sport wheels which are uglier. These are :225: 18" all around :doe: on shit tires.

So someone out there is like driving 25% of their house?
max225

Also they come with giant fixed calipers up front, which likely never be used thanks to regen. Everyone drives this thing with 1 pedal.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:06 pm Not that this is a big deal for anyone, but this is right outside my house and we don't see Model 3s much. Those wheels look small but aren't the salad shooters. They have Tesla center caps, so they're Tesla?

Those are the Aero wheels with their plastic covers taken off, ala Prius. They are actually a great design underneith. Their other wheels are 19" useless sport wheels which are uglier. These are :225: 18" all around :doe: on shit tires.

Oh wow, that's awesome! These things look awesome.

Theres a number of Tesla's in my new hood, though they're all Model S and X. Even though you can't officially buy them here.

The house at the end of my street is listed for $1M. I'm moving up in the world...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/18-R ... 2264_zpid/
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Theres a number of Tesla's in my new hood, though they're all Model S and X. Even though you can't officially buy them here.

The house at the end of my street is listed for $1M. I'm moving up in the world...

That’s :impressive: for Detroit. That buys you a decent place not too far from epicenters.
Last edited by max225 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:35 pm

That’s :impressive: for Detroit. That buys you a decent place not too far for epicenters.
That's why our hood commands such price. Zero crime because we're far enough away from the city and have a good police force. Big old well cared for houses on large lots. 15 minites from downtown Detroit.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 pm

That’s :impressive: for Detroit. That buys you a decent place not too far for epicenters.
That's why our hood commands such price. Zero crime because we're far enough away from the city and have a good police force. Big old well cared for houses on large lots. 15 minites from downtown Detroit.
You get a lot for $1M. That is a stunning house. I thought i was in Versilles looking at a museum building garden with those camera angles.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 pm
You get a lot for $1M. That is a stunning house. I thought i was in Versilles looking at a museum building garden with those camera angles.
Yea, the house is incredible. You'd need a full-time staff gardener to take care of the "grounds".

I drive by it every day (it's literally at the end of my street). Fun to appreciate it, but I'm not sure I'd ever want it for the upkeep.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:56 am

Yea, the house is incredible. You'd need a full-time staff gardener to take care of the "grounds".

I drive by it every day (it's literally at the end of my street). Fun to appreciate it, but I'm not sure I'd ever want it for the upkeep.
I always appreciate a nice lot, Detroit and surrounding burbs property sizes always blow my mind coming from the GTA. :jelly: :wub:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yeah I like them. The salad shooters are plastic clip ons for these rams. Duck face but I can deal with that.

Rather ideal car if you have a power source for it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:53 am

I always appreciate a nice lot, Detroit and surrounding burbs property sizes always blow my mind coming from the GTA. :jelly: :wub:
Everything around you seems to be high rise, or RIGHTONTOPOFONEANOTHER

The city of Detroit and many of the close burbs have small lots. Our old house had very little space between neighbors or back/front yard space. Our city is one of the few close to the city that still has big lots. We have just over a quarter acre, which is :mindblown: for being so close to the city. It keeps our values up/stable.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 am
Tarspin wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am

The city of Detroit and many of the close burbs have small lots. Our old house had very little space between neighbors or back/front yard space. Our city is one of the few close to the city that still has big lots. We have just over a quarter acre, which is :mindblown: for being so close to the city. It keeps our values up/stable.
Dat :alpo: luck lot :haus: move.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:01 am

Yeah I like them. The salad shooters are plastic clip ons for these rams. Duck face but I can deal with that.

Pretty awesome that the ramz look so neat without the plastic trim. They usually look like :poop: Seeing it in person, particularly in white, the car overall looks quite :notbad:

I wish I could actually buy one in Meatchicken. I think an AWD performance would be :lolol: as an all arounder. If I could quickly off the Volt and the :poorvette: , I'd probably :doit:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:05 am

Dat :alpo: luck lot :haus: move.
We had some serious :alpo: on the :haus: move, indeed.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:57 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:01 am

Pretty awesome that the ramz look so neat without the plastic trim. They usually look like :poop: Seeing it in person, particularly in white, the car overall looks quite :notbad:

I wish I could actually buy one in Meatchicken. I think an AWD performance would be :lolol: as an all arounder. If I could quickly off the Volt and the :poorvette: , I'd probably :doit:
I would :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:57 am

Eh, I missed the tax deadline. Plus, the last thing I need is ANOTHER car. It'll be impossible to sell the C5 until the spring, and I'm sure the Volt would take time to move, so I'm meh. Not to mention, Tesla can't sell or service cars in Meatchicken, so it means driving 2.5 hours to Cleveland for everything. Ahhhh nope.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 am
Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:26 am

Eh, I missed the tax deadline. Plus, the last thing I need is ANOTHER car. It'll be impossible to sell the C5 until the spring, and I'm sure the Volt would take time to move, so I'm meh. Not to mention, Tesla can't sell or service cars in Meatchicken, so it means driving 2.5 hours to Cleveland for everything. Ahhhh nope.
Oh yeah no that would suck. As I'm certain it'll need something or another fixed.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:50 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:35 am
Oh yeah no that would suck. As I'm certain it'll need something or another fixed.
Oh, no doubt.

My former neighbor who's a Model 3 owner said that the Cleveland store told him they're working on deploying mobile techs in Michigan "based" out of the Cleveland store. They claim they can do the vast majority of repair work in the owner's driveway.

That would be :impressive:
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:52 am

Oh, no doubt.

My former neighbor who's a Model 3 owner said that the Cleveland store told him they're working on deploying mobile techs in Michigan "based" out of the Cleveland store. They claim they can do the vast majority of repair work in the owner's driveway.

They been doing this for a bit. They don’t want you coming to the store they bring the “techs” to you as of late
Johnny_P

Oh, no doubt.

Could be cool. As long as they can fix it. I dunno if the program isn't in place it's hard to sign up on a promise that it'll happen.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am
Oh, no doubt.

They been doing this for a bit. They don’t want you coming to the store they bring the “techs” to you as of late
Makes sense, IMO. A truck with tools in it is cheaper than a giant brick and mortar place. With only 3 models, can probably easily keep on hand commonly replaced parts. Better for the company and a major bonus to owners. There's still infrastructure that needs to be put in place to take it widespread, but it's a legit :notbad: idea.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:12 am
Oh, no doubt.

Could be cool. As long as they can fix it. I dunno if the program isn't in place it's hard to sign up on a promise that it'll happen.
Exactly.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 am
max225 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:08 am
Makes sense, IMO. A truck with tools in it is cheaper than a giant brick and mortar place. With only 3 models, can probably easily keep on hand commonly replaced parts. Better for the company and a major bonus to owners. There's still infrastructure that needs to be put in place to take it widespread, but it's a legit :notbad: idea.
Most of the "fixing" is probably done via laptop and resetting ECU's these days, I would guess.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:21 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:13 am
Most of the "fixing" is probably done via laptop and resetting ECU's these days, I would guess.
Probably. Though, I'm sure there's basic components that can fail...switches, handles, etc.

My buddy with the early Model S had been through a bunch of stuff.