The Grand Tour: All systems are go!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 pm

They better enter netflix, hulu, etc. Only solution other than amazon prime, is to actually pay for each episode on itunes, which is :fullretard: :troywax: :wasteful:
I’m honestly quite over the show. Just not their chemistry together.
:dat: even the og top gear for the last few seasons before it got :nuke: it was starting to get old, exception for the africa wagon special and argentina. For Grand Tour, I have only found about 4 episodes to be interesting that is worth to watch. Not to mention, I cancelled my amazon prime membership just months ago and got my $120 back, not sure if I am willing to back for it and spend that money just to be :disappoint:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

I really didn't like the ending of the last season with the making fun of and insulting native Africans in that poor village. I have no desire to watch this season.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

looks good!
brain go brrrrrr
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:34 am I really didn't like the ending of the last season with the making fun of and insulting native Africans in that poor village. I have no desire to watch this season.
I don't :member: them being disrespectful of the villagers. Not saying you're :wrong: , I just don't :member: it.

I may have to go back and watch the last episode of last season.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:34 am I really didn't like the ending of the last season with the making fun of and insulting native Africans in that poor village. I have no desire to watch this season.
:triggered:
Yep. You get one life on this rock, don't spend it pointing out other's hardships, making fun of that, and rubbing it in their face by landing a helicopter and leaving.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:29 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:31 am

:triggered:
Yep. You get one life on this rock, don't spend it pointing out other's hardships, making fun of that, and rubbing it in their face by landing a helicopter and leaving.
We do that every day living in America this is what this country has been built on
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:03 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:42 pm

We do that every day living in America this is what this country has been built on
:dat:

I mean, :wasteful: works for a damn petroleum company.

Don't throw molotovs off a crude storage tank breh.
:dead: :notwrong:

:roasted:

:lolol:
Johnny_P

:rolleyes:
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:42 pm

During the last 5 years I've developed a major internal moral conflict with working at the refinery. I'm the guy that walks to the store with 4 of my own canvas bags so I'm not using gas or generating needless landfill waste. We compost and recycle everything we can. We stopped getting Blue Apron deliveries because of how much waste each box came with. I absolutely hate getting cheap shit gifts that I know will end up in a landfill in 20 minutes. And I'm starting to really despise how much fuel/emissions my car generates needlessly while Lisa's car can putt around on electrons for 15 minutes circling looking for parking.

I dunno. But I'm not parading a multi million dollar camera crew around pure poverty and hard living where people die of starvation and disease on the regular, and setting up a table to sell dead diesel smoke and mud caked fish as a "humanitarian aid" attempt for the lolz of millions of people everywhere, landing a helicopter and saying it's hopeless, and taking off.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 am

During the last 5 years I've developed a major internal moral conflict with working at the refinery. I'm the guy that walks to the store with 4 of my own canvas bags so I'm not using gas or generating needless landfill waste. We compost and recycle everything we can. We stopped getting Blue Apron deliveries because of how much waste each box came with. I absolutely hate getting cheap shit gifts that I know will end up in a landfill in 20 minutes. And I'm starting to really despise how much fuel/emissions my car generates needlessly while Lisa's car can putt around on electrons for 15 minutes circling looking for parking.

I dunno. But I'm not parading a multi million dollar camera crew around pure poverty and hard living where people die of starvation and disease on the regular, and setting up a table to sell dead diesel smoke and mud caked fish as a "humanitarian aid" attempt for the lolz of millions of people everywhere, landing a helicopter and saying it's hopeless, and taking off.
That's :neat: on a personal level and I do the same. But last I checked we as a country spend 700 billion a year or diesel fumes, nuclear rockets, and various other warmongorings. #thisisamerica and #heisyourpresident and #weareassholes. Most people don't want to admit to it because they haven't "done anything" personally, but neither have a lot of the germans during WWII. #Guiltybyassociation.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:39 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 am

That's :neat: on a personal level and I do the same. But last I checked we as a country spend 700 billion a year or diesel fumes, nuclear rockets, and various other warmongorings. #thisisamerica and #heisyourpresident and #weareassholes. Most people don't want to admit to it because they haven't "done anything" personally, but neither have a lot of the germans during WWII. #Guiltybyassociation.
Yep
wap

Just watched the first episode last night. Sheesh they made Mahtroit look like an even bigger shithole than it is. It had it's funny moments, :doe:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

thank god this thread exists.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

That was pretty lame but 13 episodes this season :notbad:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:57 am Just watched the first episode last night. Sheesh they made Mahtroit look like an even bigger shithole than it is. It had it's funny moments, :doe:
Ehhh, yes and no. They portrayed what most of the city still looks like...it's staggering how much of it is still abandoned. The city's "come back" is extremely pocketed.

What's funny is friends and I always joke about turning neighborhoods into race tracks and whatnot. I'll drive through abandoned neighborhoods when it snows so I can drift about and have some fun, or often times on the way home, I can do 60mph down neighborhood streets that run parallel to I-75 that's gridlock.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:18 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:57 am Just watched the first episode last night. Sheesh they made Mahtroit look like an even bigger shithole than it is. It had it's funny moments, :doe:
Ehhh, yes and no. They portrayed what most of the city still looks like...it's staggering how much of it is still abandoned. The city's "come back" is extremely pocketed.

What's funny is friends and I always joke about turning neighborhoods into race tracks and whatnot. I'll drive through abandoned neighborhoods when it snows so I can drift about and have some fun, or often times on the way home, I can do 60mph down neighborhood streets that run parallel to I-75 that's gridlock.
Google doesn’t re route ?
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 am

All the side streets have 25mph "speed limits" and tons of "traffic lights". To Google, sitting in gridlock is faster.

In reality, I've shaved as much as 10 minutes off my Waze ETA by finding my own route through the abandoned areas. Can really only do that with the truck though, crater sized potholes, roads that are mostly dirt, no plowing in the winter, etc.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap

Oh. :(
I've been rooting a long time for Mahtroit's rebirth to succeed. Still am.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:38 am

All the side streets have 25mph "speed limits" and tons of "traffic lights". To Google, sitting in gridlock is faster.

In reality, I've shaved as much as 10 minutes off my Waze ETA by finding my own route through the abandoned areas. Can really only do that with the truck though, crater sized potholes, roads that are mostly dirt, no plowing in the winter, etc.
I need to go to Detroit, I don’t know that I believe that it is that terrible... :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 am

It's impossible for the entire city to ever come back. Detroit was the richest city in the world 60 years ago, and grew appropriately. There will never be the industry to sustain a city of this size again. Downtown is ridiculous (and GT did a good job covering that). Some neighborhoods are coming back. But the geographic size of the city makes it impossible to be fully recovered everywhere.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am
wap wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 am

It's impossible for the entire city to ever come back. Detroit was the richest city in the world 60 years ago, and grew appropriately. There will never be the industry to sustain a city of this size again. Downtown is ridiculous (and GT did a good job covering that). Some neighborhoods are coming back. But the geographic size of the city makes it impossible to be fully recovered everywhere.
If it was filled with useless tech jobs it would not have enough space like us here. We’re completely out of space...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:41 am

I need to go to Detroit, I don’t know that I believe that it is that terrible... :lol:
Watch the episode of GT...that's most of the city.

It's pretty wild, tho. Downtown and midtown is full of hipsters, $20 hamburgers, $10 draft beers, $500/night hotels, etc. Then 5 minutes from there you can be in a completely abandoned neighborhood that's being reclaimed by the wild. I should take some photos during my next commute.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:48 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:42 am

Watch the episode of GT...that's most of the city.

It's pretty wild, tho. Downtown and midtown is full of hipsters, $20 hamburgers, $10 draft beers, $500/night hotels, etc. Then 5 minutes from there you can be in a completely abandoned neighborhood that's being reclaimed by the wild. I should take some photos during my next commute.
I did, just like many areas of sf, $4000 a month 1 bedroom condo with a needle tent city downstairs. Yesterday I dodged 2-3 foot deep potholes in the m3, spent the entire day apartment hunting. No break in though which is lucky ... unlike my golf. Car break ins are insanely bad right now ....
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:47 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:45 am
If it was filled with useless tech jobs it would not have enough space like us here. We’re completely out of space...

SF, Boston, AND Manhattan can fit within Detroit city limits. All the techbro jobs in the world couldn't fill this place.
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 am
max225 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:47 am

SF, Boston, AND Manhattan can fit within Detroit city limits. All the techbro jobs in the world couldn't fill this place.
SF has only had “tech” jobs for the last 5-8 years. I’m talking pay area which is a more fair comparison. Sf is a tiny city area wise. You can walk across it in 1.5 hrs