Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 pm Maximum saturation because fall and years old Android phoneImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
:amazing:

Looks so awesome!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:16 pm Maximum saturation because fall and years old Android phoneImage

:jimp:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Warm starts go brbrblrblrblrblblrblbrllrbllblblblblblbl

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm Warm starts go brbrblrblrblrblblrblbrllrbllblblblblblbl

:fuckyeah:

FUnny, I have the Type-S on the Beemah and Stingahs on the C5... they do sound a bit different than yours does there... deeper I guess.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:24 pm Warm starts go brbrblrblrblrblblrblbrllrbllblblblblblbl

FUnny, I have the Type-S on the Beemah and Stingahs on the C5... they do sound a bit different than yours does there... deeper I guess.
Yeah was gonna ask how yours sounds in comparison. I really like the tone and refinement but sometimes I wish it was louder. This is just the full muffler version of the Stinger according to BROla.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Love me the green Vettes.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:49 pm

Love me the green Vettes.
I should have pulled over at Watkins Glen and taken a picture next to one of the two dark bowling Green C5s there but was in a hurry to get out.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:yikes:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Purpc5z wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:53 am Image
hrm....

Unrelated to this, but did you ever get that egging situation handled?
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

troyguitar wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:22 am:yikes:
:dat:

bolt is nowhere to be found. spent $40 on every bolt at home depot trying to find the right one last night.

missed autox today basically lit $100 on fire.

+ the bolt hole is stripped :word:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:39 pm
hrm....

Unrelated to this, but did you ever get that egging situation handled?
negative
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Hit VIR this weekend Saturday and Sunday for about 2.5-3 total hours on track in the :poorvette:

The thing performed admirably, no brake issues, cracked rotors, leaky valve stems, etc. that I've dealt with at other recent events. Only hickup was the power steering reservoir spewing a bit of fluid out of the top and whining a bit on the last session (it was hot plus going full send after learning the course pretty well). I probably need to look into a cooler.

Overall a quite :fuckyeah: experience :doe: , phenomenal track and the :poorvette: is epic there, it's a nice place for big powah.

Also my Falken Azenis RT650K tires performed really nicely. None of the greasy feel I was experiencing this summer at Charlotte (think they were just getting too hot). Still some tread left for a couple more days on track. I doubt I'll get out again in 2019, so that sets me up for a couple of days in March/April before acquiring a new set for May :stig:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:sad: Sorry man.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 am Hit VIR this weekend Saturday and Sunday for about 2.5-3 total hours on track in the :poorvette:

The thing performed admirably, no brake issues, cracked rotors, leaky valve stems, etc. that I've dealt with at other recent events. Only hickup was the power steering reservoir spewing a bit of fluid out of the top and whining a bit on the last session (it was hot plus going full send after learning the course pretty well). I probably need to look into a cooler.

Overall a quite :fuckyeah: experience :doe: , phenomenal track and the :poorvette: is epic there, it's a nice place for big powah.

Also my Falken Azenis RT650K tires performed really nicely. None of the greasy feel I was experiencing this summer at Charlotte (think they were just getting too hot). Still some tread left for a couple more days on track. I doubt I'll get out again in 2019, so that sets me up for a couple of days in March/April before acquiring a new set for May :stig:

If you're not running a power steering cooler AT ALL, it's worth adding IMO. Factory ones bolt right in.

I also had my power steering pump rebuilt :fullretard: by Turn One with their "performance" rebuild that decreases flow rate. This lets the fluid sit in the cooler for longer (thus getting cooler) and also ups the steering effort a tad, which I think the :poorvette: needs badly.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

My bud with the NASA C5 TT car has gone thru multiple power steering racks. What's the deal with the racks on the C5 going so bad?

On another note, Finally got the miata done and pulled out of the garage so the C5 can go back into it. Damp headliner, damn seat. Misty windows. Fucking dumb. Now I gotta look into the weather stripping on the doors. FUN!
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:22 am My bud with the NASA C5 TT car has gone thru multiple power steering racks. What's the deal with the racks on the C5 going so bad?

On another note, Finally got the miata done and pulled out of the garage so the C5 can go back into it. Damp headliner, damn seat. Misty windows. Fucking dumb. Now I gotta look into the weather stripping on the doors. FUN!
C5's had a first generation of fancy racks for active handling. They seem to be particularly susceptible to leaking. My original one was leaking, replaced it with a rebuilt one that started leaking out of the box. The third one I put in seemed to be OK, but I slathered RTV all over the electrical connections that seem to be the source of leaking.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:56 am Hit VIR this weekend Saturday and Sunday for about 2.5-3 total hours on track in the :poorvette:

If you're not running a power steering cooler AT ALL, it's worth adding IMO. Factory ones bolt right in.

I also had my power steering pump rebuilt :fullretard: by Turn One with their "performance" rebuild that decreases flow rate. This lets the fluid sit in the cooler for longer (thus getting cooler) and also ups the steering effort a tad, which I think the :poorvette: needs badly.
Yeah, I don't have a Z51 car, no cooler at all, I'll probably just get a factory one for easy installation. The heavier steering sounds cool :doe: , I'll check that out as well.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 am
Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:22 am My bud with the NASA C5 TT car has gone thru multiple power steering racks. What's the deal with the racks on the C5 going so bad?

C5's had a first generation of fancy racks for active handling. They seem to be particularly susceptible to leaking. My original one was leaking, replaced it with a rebuilt one that started leaking out of the box. The third one I put in seemed to be OK, but I slathered RTV all over the electrical connections that seem to be the source of leaking.
This sounds exactly like what my buddy Chet is having to deal with. I wanna say he went thru 3 before spending big money on one that was built by a proper company.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:34 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:28 am
This sounds exactly like what my buddy Chet is having to deal with. I wanna say he went thru 3 before spending big money on one that was built by a proper company.
Probably Turn One. They're not cheap, but the quality is fantastic.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 am

Yeah, I don't have a Z51 car, no cooler at all, I'll probably just get a factory one for easy installation. The heavier steering sounds cool :doe: , I'll check that out as well.
Yea, get yourself a cooler. You'll burn up the power steering pump or rack in short order without one.

I highly recommend the Turn One steering pump rebuild. I did that at the same time as my second rack replacement and put a metal C6 pulley on the Turn One unit. Easy to do at that time, and was a fantastic upgrade.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I beat both C5's at the autocross yesterday.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 am I beat both C5's at the autocross yesterday.
So you're keeping it after all
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 am
Melon wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 am I beat both C5's at the autocross yesterday.
I raced the E30.

Nope, it's going away. Probably for a 'vert. Been sniffing around at a Z3.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 am

I raced the E30.

Nope, it's going away. Probably for a 'vert. Been sniffing around at a Z3.
:ohdang:

That would be a super :neat: development.