Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:18 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Word.

There's a local place I use, they charge very little for boxing items up.
I just saw the invoice for the shipment of the wheels I bought because the seller never paid. It was like $45 to ship all four wheels using two boxes.
Yeah I think Mr. Airboat shipped my two wheels for like $50. It’s a pain :doe:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Before I post them elsewhere.

Any interest in my wheels?

(4) 18x10.5 Z06 Speedlines
Overall condition 8/10
One has some scuffs.

Tires are Bridgestone RE-71R 285/35/18
They have some life left, but aren't going to be setting hot lap times.

Shipping to the lower 48 should be about $400.
Pay for shipping, if it's less than $400, I'll refund the rest.

Looking to get $1,000 elsewhere.

DFD special for $850.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Delicious GLWS
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I'd totally take em but I'm not in the market. And I gotta save my money for other money pits.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sweet RAMZ Melon.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:50 am Sweet RAMZ Melon.
The GS needs a spare set.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Do want...but probably not a good idea at the moment in the middle of the move and stuff. Probably sticking with the :scrooge: setup is better :sad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Anyone have experience driving/riding in C5s with different shocks? Curious what is best bang for buck/best overall.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:28 am Anyone have experience driving/riding in C5s with different shocks? Curious what is best bang for buck/best overall.
I went from the stockers to the yellow Konis. Would I say I noticed a real difference? Not really. It's a rougher ride because I keep the front to 2/3 rebound and the rear at 1/3. Honestly, the best bang for the buck is to find some C6 take offs. You're just as competitive locally in autocross with them and save a shit ton of money.
If I had to do it again I would of just gotten some C6 parts along with my Strano front bar. But if I had a base C5 I'd do C6 front and rear bar and stock shocks like :melon: and call it a day. Couple hundred bucks and you're up to date.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:28 am Anyone have experience driving/riding in C5s with different shocks? Curious what is best bang for buck/best overall.
I went from the stockers to the yellow Konis. Would I say I noticed a real difference? Not really. It's a rougher ride because I keep the front to 2/3 rebound and the rear at 1/3. Honestly, the best bang for the buck is to find some C6 take offs. You're just as competitive locally in autocross with them and save a shit ton of money.
If I had to do it again I would of just gotten some C6 parts along with my Strano front bar. But if I had a base C5 I'd do C6 front and rear bar and stock shocks like :melon: and call it a day. Couple hundred bucks and you're up to date.
I have C6Z currently, new in 2016... will likely just keep them, good feedback, thanks man.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I was always curious about the Koni FSD shocks for the C5. I think they could be pretty great.

That said, I had few complaints with the C6Z ones I put on in 2015.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 am I was always curious about the Koni FSD shocks for the C5. I think they could be pretty great.

They are fine, just having thoughts about being :wasteful:

I shall instead be :wasteful: on headers I think.

Inspected everything, made sure fluids are all topped off, etc. should be good to go for VIR this weekend :notbad:

Hoping that the passenger seat bracket comes in so I can throw in the other Sparco seat for my instructor this week. NASA requires instruction for HPDE 2 interestingly. I'm not complaining though, never been on VIR and I like instruction.
Acid666

Ideally I'd love to get coil overs, but I don't really need them. The Aldan ones for about $1,200 seemed to get some good reviews from the guys on CF. But like I said, I really don't need to spend any money on the car. A friend co-drove my Z06 at an autocross and got top Pax time of the day in my car, so I know it's more than capable but just needs more driver mod to be competitive.
I'm at the point where I'm about to spend more time on the Lemons MR2s and the Miata rather than do anything else to the vette. I do need tires tho, so that's an expense I was not looking forward to.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:30 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:53 am I was always curious about the Koni FSD shocks for the C5. I think they could be pretty great.

Inspected everything, made sure fluids are all topped off, etc. should be good to go for VIR this weekend :notbad:

Hoping that the passenger seat bracket comes in so I can throw in the other Sparco seat for my instructor this week. NASA requires instruction for HPDE 2 interestingly. I'm not complaining though, never been on VIR and I like instruction.
Even in the advanced solo run groups, I’d grab an instructor for at least a session every event. And I usually tried to get a ride with one each event too. :like: for instruction
ChrisoftheNorth

If you're looking to blow money on the car, I'd highly recommend saving for a diff rebuild with new gears. That transforms the car more than anything.

Headers are great, but for your use, I think keeping the power level stock is a better plan.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:55 am

If you're looking to blow money on the car, I'd highly recommend saving for a diff rebuild with new gears. That transforms the car more than anything.

Headers are great, but for your use, I think keeping the power level stock is a better plan.
:notbad:

Could likely do the diff, still have that quote from the shop here that was really reasonable.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:56 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:55 am

Could likely do the diff, still have that quote from the shop here that was really reasonable.
:doit:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

One appeal of the headers was actually ceramic coating them and keeping some heat out of ze bay.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Wheels sold in about three hours, for $900.
Going to try and get them shipped out tonight.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 pm One appeal of the headers was actually ceramic coating them and keeping some heat out of ze bay.
Header coating is a must. The amount if heat that mine keeps in the pipes is ridiculous. Enough to make me want to coat every set of headers that I put on any race car I build from here on out
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:30 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:57 pm One appeal of the headers was actually ceramic coating them and keeping some heat out of ze bay.
Header coating is a must. The amount if heat that mine keeps in the pipes is ridiculous. Enough to make me want to coat every set of headers that I put on any race car I build from here on out
Are they significantly cooler than the stock cast iron manifolds :doe: ?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:26 pm Wheels sold in about three hours, for $900.
Going to try and get them shipped out tonight.

C5Z rears are a hot item, not surprised they went quickly.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'd agree with D_Plac, the Diff makes such a difference.

But it's by far one of the more expensive mods to the car.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:35 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Are they significantly cooler than the stock cast iron manifolds :doe: ?
Makes a big difference
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:59 pm I'd agree with D_Plac, the Diff makes such a difference.

But it's by far one of the more expensive mods to the car.
:dat:

I drove your car :jimp: :stig: