Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:01 pm Image
Lollllllllll
:lolol:
brain go brrrrrr
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I couldn't shave this thing off fast enough when I got home. Wifey needed to go do a pet sitting run and wanted me to go with her. Told her I've got to get this pedo starter kit off my face first thing once I get back. I didn't even want to walk into a gas station. LOL.
I'm good with the getup around car people that got the joke, but outside of that I was worried people would be afraid that I wanted to groom their kids.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Gmt800 + brub combo :megusta:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:08 am I couldn't shave this thing off fast enough when I got home. Wifey needed to go do a pet sitting run and wanted me to go with her. Told her I've got to get this pedo starter kit off my face first thing once I get back. I didn't even want to walk into a gas station. LOL.
I'm good with the getup around car people that got the joke, but outside of that I was worried people would be afraid that I wanted to groom their kids.
5/7 would read again.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I see elementary PE teacher
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

OofImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:08 am OofImage

:gag:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Acid666 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:01 pm Image
:muah:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So my car is maxed out on the front bolts and nearly maxed on the rears. Do people just take the fronts out entirely to get it lower? Was honestly hoping for another half inch or so for both.Image

ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:27 pm So my car is maxed out on the front bolts and nearly maxed on the rears. Do people just take the fronts out entirely to get it lower? Was honestly hoping for another half inch or so for both.Image

How long has it been? These things settle like woa over a few days. Rough roads help.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

BTW, that green with the polished Z06 wheels really look awesome. Outstanding.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:30 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:27 pm So my car is maxed out on the front bolts and nearly maxed on the rears. Do people just take the fronts out entirely to get it lower? Was honestly hoping for another half inch or so for both.Image

How long has it been? These things settle like woa over a few days. Rough roads help.
120mi or so. My commute has a couple dozen small speedbump sized frost heaves. The good thing is the ride is hardly any stiffer. You wouldn't know unless you ride in it every day, and it's less floaty. I'm fairly certain the previous owner raised it for his driveway.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:30 pm
120mi or so. My commute has a couple dozen small speedbump sized frost heaves. The good thing is the ride is hardly any stiffer. You wouldn't know unless you ride in it every day, and it's less floaty. I'm fairly certain the previous owner raised it for his driveway.
Hmmm, interesting that it's that far down and it's still comfortable. After 120 mi, it should be mostly settled. I wonder if there's something else holding it up...

When I had mine slammed (all the way down front and back), it was no bueno. Painful and scraped on everything.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:37 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:33 pm

Hmmm, interesting that it's that far down and it's still comfortable. After 120 mi, it should be mostly settled. I wonder if there's something else holding it up...

When I had mine slammed (all the way down front and back), it was no bueno. Painful and scraped on everything.
These street Comps have mushy sidewalls, and my last daily was one coilovers so maybe it is actually bad and I'm just :wrong:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:37 pm

These street Comps have mushy sidewalls, and my last daily was one coilovers so maybe it is actually bad and I'm just :wrong:
How do you like the street comps so far? I was eyeing those before I bought the Toyos.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:04 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:59 pm

How do you like the street comps so far? I was eyeing those before I bought the Toyos.
No complaints other than the slow steering response. I'm sure grip is fine but if I have to swerve to avoid roadkill of something there's a noticable delay between my turning the wheel and the car moving. This was not the case with the RF, but I'm sure that's just the trade-off for the softer ride.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:04 pm
No complaints other than the slow steering response. I'm sure grip is fine but if I have to swerve to avoid roadkill of something there's a noticable delay between my turning the wheel and the car moving. This was not the case with the RF, but I'm sure that's just the trade-off for the softer ride.
Yea, that's a characteristic of softer side walls. Worth it over garbage roads if you're not tracking the car IMO.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:13 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Yea, that's a characteristic of softer side walls. Worth it over garbage roads if you're not tracking the car IMO.
Oh they seem pretty quiet too. With the Michelins I'd get some weird noises on all types of pavement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm BTW, that green with the polished Z06 wheels really look awesome. Outstanding.
:dat: :jimp:

Mine was definitely lower than that which is odd... it was most of the way down with almost zero wheel gap.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:41 pm Let's just say things got a little turntImage

This looks completely badass. Where are the rear center caps, and you want it lowered to the max, and you are using mushy tires to absorb the bumps? I'm not sure I get it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:51 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:41 pm Let's just say things got a little turntImage

This looks completely badass. Where are the rear center caps, and you want it lowered to the max, and you are using mushy tires to absorb the bumps? I'm not sure I get it.
My centercaps wouldn't stay in when I swapped them from my old wheels to these. Just old tabs. Supposedly I have a set of NOS ones coming from the guy I bought the wheels from.

My car was raised up by the previous owner so I replaced the Run flat tires with regular ones so I could drop the ride height to something that didn't look fucking stupid. It's so close to perfect IMO just another 1/4-1/2" and I'd be extremely happy but overall I shouldn't complain since all it cost me was 15min of my time turning the stock bolts.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm BTW, that green with the polished Z06 wheels really look awesome. Outstanding.

Mine was definitely lower than that which is odd... it was most of the way down with almost zero wheel gap.
Same. Both of ours are 03's, so I wonder if there was some sort of minor suspension change from early to later cars? I never heard of anything.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:47 am
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:51 pm

My centercaps wouldn't stay in when I swapped them from my old wheels to these. Just old tabs. Supposedly I have a set of NOS ones coming from the guy I bought the wheels from.

My car was raised up by the previous owner so I replaced the Run flat tires with regular ones so I could drop the ride height to something that didn't look fucking stupid. It's so close to perfect IMO just another 1/4-1/2" and I'd be extremely happy but overall I shouldn't complain since all it cost me was 15min of my time turning the stock bolts.
I think it looks pretty damned perfect. :megusta:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:39 pm

You guys have z51 cars?? I don't know either. As I said my front bolts literally are bottomed out.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I really only wanted it a bit lower to grab some pictures then put it back to about where it is now 😂

I think I'll order the C6 splash guards for next year, and I'm also going to wrap the bottom of the rear in satin black like that trim piece from years ago that isn't made anymore.