Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:01 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:50 am

Look what I found https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/ ... 59158.html

Your car if it wasn’t ragged on…

That said I think 12.5 is reasonable. I can’t find many ok ones under 18… 20-25k gets you one that is near new
That is completely retarded.

And 3 pictures. Dude was new car prices and only wants to show you the paint.
Low low low mileage C5 is working about $25K tops usually.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Low low low mileage C5 is working about $25K tops usually.
Yeah just GTFO on the whole thing.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:44 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 am

Sparing conversions, I sold my C6 for the 18.5k I bought it at, and I can't find any for that price anymore. They are all selling for 3 to 5k more then they were three years ago. I do think this party is coming to an end, but don't believe it's here yet. Get more cash, you know what you've got there!
There's asking price then there's selling price. I can't believe people are actually getting their asking prices for these things. No way.
I had to turn two other buyers away because the first guy beat them both to my house to pay my asking price. I don't know what's up with C5s now, but C6s are in high demand and asking prices reflect that here in my market. I feel like ask 13k will have interest.
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:11 pm

Low low low mileage C5 Z06 is working about $25K tops usually.
Fixed that for you.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:44 am
There's asking price then there's selling price. I can't believe people are actually getting their asking prices for these things. No way.
I had to turn two other buyers away because the first guy beat them both to my house to pay my asking price. I don't know what's up with C5s now, but C6s are in high demand and asking prices reflect that here in my market. I feel like ask 13k will have interest.
Yeah a decent C6 is now $35K+ :wtf: I would probably have bought one instead of a 3cuck8i if they were still at 2019 prices.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:18 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Yeah a decent C6 is now $35K+ :wtf: I would probably have bought one instead of a 3cuck8i if they were still at 2019 prices.
Friends of mine are saying that beater Miata prices are thru the roof as well. Shitboxes that used to be $2K cars are now 3-4K. I haven't looked to verify since I'm not in the market. Corvettes are always in a weird demographic for sales. The prices have hit rock bottom, but you still got boomers thinking their 1 of 56 cars produced in 2003 with the impossible combination of tan interior with chrome shithouse wheels and magic dealer pin striping is work an extra $10k of value.
No boomer, it's not worth that price.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:24 pm I had to turn two other buyers away because the first guy beat them both to my house to pay my asking price. I don't know what's up with C5s now, but C6s are in high demand and asking prices reflect that here in my market. I feel like ask 13k will have interest.
2009 Z51 is one of the few cars that I still kind of want, but it's a rare spec and I don't see myself really driving again in the foreseeable future so :ohwell:

An EV pod is more likely to be my car whenever I get one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 pm
D Griff wrote:
2009 Z51 is one of the few cars that I still kind of want, but it's a rare spec and I don't see myself really driving again in the foreseeable future so :ohwell:

I would like one as well, but not going to happen for now. Assuming prices drop down into the $2X,XXX range again, I may be interested in a year or two. Curious to see if I care when I only have a semi-boring car.

My current muse is to try to do Lemons or Chump car with a few friends. A buddy of mine is willing to offer up his garage and he's a better mechanic than most, but doesn't have much money. I figure I can dedicate the time I have and me and a couple of other dudes could pay the track fees, we could all split the build, but I assume it could be done for not a huge sum and may be more fun than owning a street/track car.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:37 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 pm 2009 Z51 is one of the few cars that I still kind of want, but it's a rare spec and I don't see myself really driving again in the foreseeable future so :ohwell:

I would like one as well, but not going to happen for now. Assuming prices drop down into the $2X,XXX range again, I may be interested in a year or two. Curious to see if I care when I only have a semi-boring car.

My current muse is to try to do Lemons or Chump car with a few friends. A buddy of mine is willing to offer up his garage and he's a better mechanic than most, but doesn't have much money. I figure I can dedicate the time I have and me and a couple of other dudes could pay the track fees, we could all split the build, but I assume it could be done for not a huge sum and may be more fun than owning a street/track car.
My buddy and I expect to be about $5K deep minimum into our Lemons car, and that's doing most our selves. Roll cage and the safety gear will cost you the most. And cost even more if you can't do it yourself. I'm currently waiting on Corbeau to send me my backordered seat so we can just get started. I can't build the roll cage until I find out how high it puts our helmets for clearance, and then we can really get the ball rolling. We were part of another guy's team but they failed tech so him and I decided to take all of it in our own hands and do it 100% ourselves so we wouldn't be let down by anyone else, or be hindered in any way. Full control, no excuses to deal with for why things aren't done, it's all on our shoulders and I'm fine with that.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:32 pm

My buddy and I expect to be about $5K deep minimum into our Lemons car, and that's doing most our selves. Roll cage and the safety gear will cost you the most. And cost even more if you can't do it yourself. I'm currently waiting on Corbeau to send me my backordered seat so we can just get started. I can't build the roll cage until I find out how high it puts our helmets for clearance, and then we can really get the ball rolling. We were part of another guy's team but they failed tech so him and I decided to take all of it in our own hands and do it 100% ourselves so we wouldn't be let down by anyone else, or be hindered in any way. Full control, no excuses to deal with for why things aren't done, it's all on our shoulders and I'm fine with that.

Good to know! I think we could do it all ourselves other than the cage. :iono: $5K isn't too bad divided between four people, hopefully it would live to see more than one event. It would be nice to grab something where motors, transmissions, etc. are available pretty universally.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 pm 2009 Z51 is one of the few cars that I still kind of want, but it's a rare spec and I don't see myself really driving again in the foreseeable future so :ohwell:

I think taking the fun off the street is the way to go. Sports cars just aren't that much fun on the street, but are obviously a riot off the track. Lemons would be :neat: :doit:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:32 pm

Good to know! I think we could do it all ourselves other than the cage. :iono: $5K isn't too bad divided between four people, hopefully it would live to see more than one event. It would be nice to grab something where motors, transmissions, etc. are available pretty universally.
Crown vic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Crown vic.
That has actually been tossed around in the group.
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:41 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:39 pm
Crown vic.
Well this is the reason my buddy and I are going with the Kswap in the MR2. The two JDM motors we have are sold, and would be too difficult to replace if we blew shit up at a Lemons race. But we invest in a Kswap and we've got tons of options and can build up a couple of motors on the side for cheap. We're not looking for big power, just decent power and a car that's built to cool like a mother fuck.
We plan to do double duty and rag this bitch out for track days and autocross as well.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:05 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Well this is the reason my buddy and I are going with the Kswap in the MR2. The two JDM motors we have are sold, and would be too difficult to replace if we blew shit up at a Lemons race. But we invest in a Kswap and we've got tons of options and can build up a couple of motors on the side for cheap. We're not looking for big power, just decent power and a car that's built to cool like a mother fuck.
We plan to do double duty and rag this bitch out for track days and autocross as well.
Speed is not the goal. Durability and super easy to work on is.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Fucking ac is blowing hot as fuck air

:rage:
troyguitar

What I used to think was the holy grail is parked outside my house right now. :impressive:

ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm What I used to think was the holy grail is parked outside my house right now. :impressive:

:jimp:

EB Z06 :megusta:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:26 pm What I used to think was the holy grail is parked outside my house right now. :impressive:

Same but I've since switched to speedway white over mod red, with EB over mod red in second.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

3 week old ac compressor failed. Thank lord sweet syrup covered baby Jesus I paid for GM parts so the replacement and labor is covered under warranty.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:54 pm 3 week old ac compressor failed. Thank lord sweet syrup covered baby Jesus I paid for GM parts so the replacement and labor is covered under warranty.
That kind of shit angers me DEEPLY.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:54 pm 3 week old ac compressor failed. Thank lord sweet syrup covered baby Jesus I paid for GM parts so the replacement and labor is covered under warranty.
I spent $300 more for the GM part, so right now it seems worth it, however the China part may have lasted ten years so who fucking knows.
troyguitar

The blue :poorvette: is still parked out there, IIRC it's been there since Thursday. Yet another dude who apparently never drives his car. :derp:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:19 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm

I spent $300 more for the GM part, so right now it seems worth it, however the China part may have lasted ten years so who fucking knows.
Yeah I would have gone fucktory on an A/C compressor.
Acid666

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Yeah I would have gone fucktory on an A/C compressor.
Yeah man compressors ain't cheap. F that jazz.