Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So FWIW those Dunlop Direzza DZ102s are like $350/set shipped in stock C5 sizes after rebate. Killer :dill: I'm debating pulling the trigger but really with my apartment having two sets will just be a paini in the dick, so I should probably just wait.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah: Double post.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Holy shit that's a screaming deal
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:25 pm Holy shit that's a screaming deal
I know, right? I am so tempted to pick them up, but it will be a pain in the ass to deal with, will have to get them mounted on my old wheels, and swapping in the apartment deck isn't ideal. But, it would be nice to have something without a 180 TWW if I go back to DDing the :poorvette: .
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Still haven't had time to take care of the clutch shit. Just like my truck still isn't fixed. Procrastination :rage:
Ohhhhhhh right. Clutch is a bitch.
So two week commitment then? <still interested :doe;>
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:57 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:13 pm
Ohhhhhhh right. Clutch is a bitch.
So two week commitment then? <still interested :doe;>
I could have a clutch done in a Saturday at this point, as long as I have access to a lift.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:07 pm
:wat:
Still haven't had time to take care of the clutch shit. Just like my truck still isn't fixed. Procrastination :rage:
What is the deal with your clutch again?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 am

Sticky pedal. Can't hit redline once without it going away. Did the ranger thing earlier this summer and it helped for about 20min so I want to try a full flush of the system before buying/replacing parts. Also might as well order the :waxer: spring.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:55 am

Sticky pedal. Can't hit redline once without it going away. Did the ranger thing earlier this summer and it helped for about 20min so I want to try a full flush of the system before buying/replacing parts. Also might as well order the :waxer: spring.
Dude, just get the :wasteful: spring and do the Ranger periodically. You turned me on to it in the first place and it totally fixed the issue. Even with a full flush this will likely return, so make sure if you do that, you install the remote bleeder. You don't need other parts, C5s just do this. Is the spring a rip off? I guess, but really, they came up with an affordable solution to a problem and I have no problem giving them their 90 points of margin for it, #capitalism.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

You could redline your car in about 30 minutes of work!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 am

Dude, just get the :wasteful: spring and do the Ranger periodically. You turned me on to it in the first place and it totally fixed the issue. Even with a full flush this will likely return, so make sure if you do that, you install the remote bleeder. You don't need other parts, C5s just do this. Is the spring a rip off? I guess, but really, they came up with an affordable solution to a problem and I have no problem giving them their 90 points of margin for it, #capitalism.
You're right. Ordered
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:59 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 am

You're right. Ordered
:fuckyeah: You'll thank me later as I thanked you originally :lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:03 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:59 am

You're right. Ordered
We'll see if they get installed, or will sit in my truck like the other brub parts I got in the spring. Gotta source the chirping sound too.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:07 am

We'll see if they get installed, or will sit in my truck like the other brub parts I got in the spring. Gotta source the chirping sound too.
Just :doit: , it's easy.
ChrisoftheNorth

Chirping sound?

Have you checked your balancer?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Chirping sound?

It's dead straight. What confuses me is that when I turn the car off it makes a deflating balloon style squeek, and only starts when oil temps get to about 180.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:03 pm
Chirping sound?

It's dead straight. What confuses me is that when I turn the car off it makes a deflating balloon style squeek, and only starts when oil temps get to about 180.
Your dead oil pressure sensor is likely the culprit here.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:42 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 pm
Hmmm now that you mention it the sound started around the same time the sensor started reading incorrectly.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:42 pm
Hmmm now that you mention it the sound started around the same time the sensor started reading incorrectly.
That's the only thing that would make noise based on oil pressure IMO.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:44 pm
Maybe I'll pick one up this weekend.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:53 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:47 pm
The job really isn't bad. I recommend taking the intake manifold off, which isn't bad either. So many people try to avoid that, but it's just not that big of a deal. Might want to pick up a replacement set of gaskets for it as the stock ones are probably done, but it's a great opportunity to clean things out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:53 pm

The job really isn't bad. I recommend taking the intake manifold off, which isn't bad either. So many people try to avoid that, but it's just not that big of a deal. Might want to pick up a replacement set of gaskets for it as the stock ones are probably done, but it's a great opportunity to clean things out.
:dat:

Just take off the intake, it only takes about 30 minutes once you've done it three times :lolol: Still way easier than trying to remove the OPS with it on, people on youtube claim to do that, but I don't see how it's possible.

FWIW my gaskets look brand new still and my car has 109K.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

My intake was installed maybe 10k miles ago but I might buy some just in case.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

catalytic converters are blowing out... found some of the material sitting in my driveway after a few blaps of the throttle.
gonna go full :derp: and buy headers before the cats hollow themselves out or clog my exhuast. :jesus: :poorvette:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:11 pm My intake was installed maybe 10k miles ago but I might buy some just in case.
Nah, you're probably fine then.

When I took my intake manifold off, the gaskets were essentially flush with the manifold...they'd probably seal, but the likelihood for leaks was high. I bought a new set on rock auto closeout for like $5 or something crazy.