Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Acid666 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:20 pm Hit up the autocross at the group an hour west of me today. Usually I'm at me and :melon:'s main club in Baton Rouge and the New Orleans group, but decided to go the other way for a change of pace, and because our group takes the 3 months of summer off (because OMFG it's so god damn hot down here)

Did good, no real competition in CAM-S, but I think I beat the other Cam groups. Got within the same range as a lot of guys on slicks, but OMG the gravel in this parking lot was out of control. I mean, it was so bad that you had to pre-brake to your regular brake to make sure you didn't end up in the ditch. I also must of bottomed out my car multiple times. I don't think I'll be back at this location unless it's in the Meowta where I've got more suspension travel that can take the transitions.
Results should be posted up soon.
nice run man. Its been awhile since I've been to sowella
brain go brrrrrr
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Photo from TNIA at Charlotte Motor Speedway. :burnout:

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

NOICE. They're re-doing the backstretch chicane
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

:fuckyeah:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Wish I had a front plate cover.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

She cleans up real nice.ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Did you lower your car at all?
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:07 pm Did you lower your car at all?
Yes.

I started with it all the way down, which sucks ballz. Scrape EVERYTHING stiff ride, etc.

I then spent way too much time perfecting the ride height so the gap between the tire and the wheel opening is even all the way around. The ride is more comfortable, it doesn't scrape nearly as bad, yet it doesn't look like a dump truck. I actually really like the way it looks, better than slammed cars.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:07 pm Did you lower your car at all?
Yes.

I started with it all the way down, which sucks ballz. Scrape EVERYTHING stiff ride, etc.

I then spent way too much time perfecting the ride height so the gap between the tire and the wheel opening is even all the way around. The ride is more comfortable, it doesn't scrape nearly as bad, yet it doesn't look like a dump truck. I actually really like the way it looks, better than slammed cars.
I want mine even all the way around as well. My looks like I'm heading to the next Monster Jam show
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:14 pm
Yes.

I want mine even all the way around as well. My looks like I'm heading to the next Monster Jam show
Yea, stock is terrible. IIRC, I ended up about half way down all the adjusters. Start there and see what needs tweaking.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:15 pm

Yea, stock is terrible. IIRC, I ended up about half way down all the adjusters. Start there and see what needs tweaking.
I'll get around to it. I have a laundry list of things right now. Clutch master, earl pressure sensor, shifter box + short throw, open fog bezels, and tune.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm
I'll get around to it. I have a laundry list of things right now. Clutch master, earl pressure sensor, shifter box + short throw, open fog bezels, and tune.
What's wrong with the master again?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:21 pm

The head Corvette tech drove my car and said my sticky clutch is most likely a gunked up master cylinder.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:36 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:25 pm
The head Corvette tech drove my car and said my sticky clutch is most likely a gunked up master cylinder.
Ehhhh maybe. It's usually due to dirty fluid, which gunks up the entire system. Replacing the master will probably only work for so long.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Ehhhh maybe. It's usually due to dirty fluid, which gunks up the entire system. Replacing the master will probably only work for so long.
:dat:

Honestly the over priced return spring with some fresh fluid from the ranger method is working nicely, that will tide me over until I can get a proper remote bleeder installed. Cale, you turned me on to that in the first place and I would just do it, it’s cheap and easy.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I did the ranger method with two entire bottles of dot4 and it only helped for about 30minutes afterwards, but I did stop before the fluid was completely clean.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:06 am I did the ranger method with two entire bottles of dot4 and it only helped for about 30minutes afterwards, but I did stop before the fluid was completely clean.
Yeah just do it periodically and put the spring in until you can actually do a proper flush and install the remote bleeder. I don't think the master will do anything, the reality is these cars probably need a flush/bleed annually or more, most of the muck is in the lines.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'm doing NIA again today :fuckyeah:

Carolina Motorsports Part this time. It's awesome that I have two tracks within an hour-ish of my office, can work a half day and still get in an hour of track time.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 am I'm doing NIA again today :fuckyeah:

Carolina Motorsports Part this time. It's awesome that I have two tracks within an hour-ish of my office, can work a half day and still get in an hour of track time.
Epic! :jelly:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

D Griff wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:40 am I'm doing NIA again today :fuckyeah:

That's :impressive: ! Mad :jelly:
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Tubs.

Mine is leaking oil pretty bad now.
SAD!

Not enough for me to warrant emergency repairs, but enough to be of concern.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:02 am Tubs.

SAD!

It looks sad and lonely.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It's back at home, in the Melon garage.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:02 am Tubs.

SAD!

Oil pan gasket?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Is every C5 currently on here a different color?