Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Melon wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:36 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 am
Same. Dude put serious effort into this thing.

Looks like it could be a hack job underneath, doe.
It's all body work, and by body work, fiberglass work. He didn't do anything to the chassis.
True...but did you see this?

:disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Why spend money on the correct air damn when you could use a part that fell off a Nissan Titan (seriously)

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I saw the exhaust, but not the Titan thing, Haha, both are ugly, but won't leave you stranded.
Keep in mind, this is for someone who wants the look on a budget.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Dem seats....

ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 am I saw the exhaust, but not the Titan thing, Haha, both are ugly, but won't leave you stranded.
Yea, but bro's asking $30k for the thing. That's pretty much C6GS territory
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 am
Melon wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:42 am I saw the exhaust, but not the Titan thing, Haha, both are ugly, but won't leave you stranded.
ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:45 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:44 am
:bruh: It's $30k in modz ALONE. This thing is a STEAL.

:yeahok: :yeahok: :yeahok:
:yeahok: :derp: :yeahok:
:yeahok: :yeahok: :yeahok:
ChrisoftheNorth

Just amazed that it didn't turn out looking like an abomination.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

This C5 Stingray makes no sense to me, but the exhaust and seats are really the icing on the cake. :disgust:

I do agree that the fit up of the outer panels are :impressive: for what it is.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am Dem seats....

ChrisoftheNorth

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am Dem seats....

Right? Dude sewed them himself (obv) but he's actually proud of it. How could you possibly look at that and be proud of what you accomplished?

In other news, has anyone worked on tightening windows or tops? I found myself on a CRATERED "road" yesterday by accident (didn't realize it got so bad from last year) and afterward, my driver's side window is rattling. I know there's adjustment things in the door to play with, just wondering if anyone has actually gone in yet and messed with anything? There might be other stuff that broke too...

:|

I love the car, just hate driving it on these roads. They've gotten so bad over the last few years, I think I'm just going to park the car except for weekends when I can plan my route on known decent roads. It's pretty :rage:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am
Melon wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 am

Right? Dude sewed them himself (obv) but he's actually proud of it. How could you possibly look at that and be proud of what you accomplished?

In other news, has anyone worked on tightening windows or tops? I found myself on a CRATERED "road" yesterday by accident (didn't realize it got so bad from last year) and afterward, my driver's side window is rattling. I know there's adjustment things in the door to play with, just wondering if anyone has actually gone in yet and messed with anything? There might be other stuff that broke too...

I love the car, just hate driving it on these roads. They've gotten so bad over the last few years, I think I'm just going to park the car except for weekends when I can plan my route on known decent roads. It's pretty :rage:
I was driving down a brick road last night and was thinking of how much nicer it would be to just NFG :truk: over it; instead of bouncing all over the place at 12mph.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:22 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am

I was driving down a brick road last night and was thinking of how much nicer it would be to just NFG :truk: over it; instead of bouncing all over the place at 12mph.
Yep, all I could think about was my :truk: as I cringed for an entire mile down this terrible road. The fact that it seems to have rattled something loose (or maybe worse) is just shiticing on the shitcake. If construction doesn't amp up this summer, I will get serious about selling the car this year.

This morning, I didn't even consider driving the :poorvette: no joy in it. It hasn't even been on the road for a week.

Instead, we skipped over the surface of the moon :aintcare: in the :truk:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 am
Same. Dude put serious effort into this thing.

Looks like it could be a hack job underneath, doe.
It's all body work, and by body work, fiberglass work. He didn't do anything to the chassis.
Does this qualify as chassis?

ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:41 am

Does this qualify as chassis?

Pretty sure that's structural...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That's in the impact bar. Won't effect how the car drives, just how it crashes.

Odd how he decided to use Bondo to make it smooth. Weld, grind, paint, no need to make it pretty.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Melon wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 am That's in the impact bar. Won't effect how the car drives, just how it crashes.

Odd how he decided to use Bondo to make it smooth. Weld, grind, paint, no need to make it pretty.
I wasn't sure how that corner interacts with the rigidity of the car.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:24 am
Melon wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 am That's in the impact bar. Won't effect how the car drives, just how it crashes.

:dat:

Considering that the crashbar is welded to the "frame", there might be more structure there than it seems. :iono:

Whatever, just amazing that such a hackjob can look so good. Dude has skills in some way for sure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am
Acid666 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:24 am

:dat:

Considering that the crashbar is welded to the "frame", there might be more structure there than it seems. :iono:

Whatever, just amazing that such a hackjob can look so good. Dude has skills in some way for sure.
His welds don't look terrible, and he didn't mis-align the original tubes.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Sorry, no trades unless it's like $20k plus something cool like a 87-92 Trans Am.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am :dat:

His skills are the equivalent of retard strength. Shit happened, and it's done, and it's impressive... but it's a lot of :dafuq:
Imageol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Well, haven't had time to post in a few weeks, shit hit the fan at work, but should be a little easier now.

While I was gone, I got new PSS... On the way to the tire store I worked on burning off the 'stones.

Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 10:23 am Well, haven't had time to post in a few weeks, shit hit the fan at work, but should be a little easier now.

While I was gone, I got new PSS... On the way to the tire store I worked on burning off the 'stones.

:megusta:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Signed up for another track day, 6/2. I'm officially moving out of :waxer: into :stig: :poorvette: territory.

My New Year's Resolution was two days, but it looks like I'll get at least four in.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 12:19 pm Signed up for another track day, 6/2. I'm officially moving out of :waxer: into :stig: :poorvette: territory.

My New Year's Resolution was two days, but it looks like I'll get at least four in.
:fuckyeah: