Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:46 pm So I'm seriously debating a seat upgrade. Only problem is, we live in a townhouse, no room to store the stock seats. They (50 AE) appear to fetch a decent number on eBay, do y'all think aftermarket seats will decimate resale value on the car?
Get rid of your couch and bolt your 50 AE seats to the floor. Put a cooler in beween them. :micdrop:
:notbad:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:46 pm So I'm seriously debating a seat upgrade. Only problem is, we live in a townhouse, no room to store the stock seats. They (50 AE) appear to fetch a decent number on eBay, do y'all think aftermarket seats will decimate resale value on the car?
Get rid of your couch and bolt your 50 AE seats to the floor. Put a cooler in beween them. :micdrop:
:word:
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

If I didn't live with my girlfriend this would absolutely be the move.

I actually had seats out of my Honda Civic on my front porch in college in Miami, many a drunken cigarette were smoked on those back in the day.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Yes. You limit your market to a very specific person, essentially.

Keep the stock seats somewhere.
That's kinda my thought... but literally nowhere to store them unless I want to pay for a locker at a storage place :disgust:

Maybe I should just :plac: .

I'm kind of over DDing the :poorvette: , it's just frustrating as if I find a new job, that could impact the car needs/situation significantly.

I just had :wasteful: dinner with my boss, hand't seen him in about a month. I asked how the budgeting/ :nuke: /"The Bobs" meetings were going and he said he had no idea what was happening :notsure: .
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 pm Found another even poorervette with a bike rack in Breh's hometown of Wichita, KS. First one I've seen other than mine.
C4's are :poverette: That thing is straight up sister-screwing status.

Reminds me of my old favorite....

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Yes. You limit your market to a very specific person, essentially.

Keep the stock seats somewhere.
That's kinda my thought... but literally nowhere to store them unless I want to pay for a locker at a storage place :disgust:

I'm kind of over DDing the :poorvette: , it's just frustrating as if I find a new job, that could impact the car needs/situation significantly.

I just had :wasteful: dinner with my boss, hand't seen him in about a month. I asked how the budgeting/ :nuke: /"The Bobs" meetings were going and he said he had no idea what was happening :notsure: .
I do think it depends on the seats you chose. Chinese eBay fixed backs will limit the market. A recaro or recaro looking seat with more bolstering but still reclines and easy to get in/out of would probably be ok.

I wouldn't :plac: until the job situation was more clear, :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

I do think it depends on the seats you chose. Chinese eBay fixed backs will limit the market. A recaro or recaro looking seat with more bolstering but still reclines and easy to get in/out of would probably be ok.

It seems like everyone on the :poorvette: forum goes with the Corbeau A4, those are where I'm leaning. Should be much better for the track/TOTD type stuff, but still tolerable for DD use/getting to those places on the street.

I still think it would be cool to have the C5 as a fun car and a Fiesta ST DD but who knows how long I'll be in this job and can't really justify two cars in this situation.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:19 am

It seems like everyone on the :poorvette: forum goes with the Corbeau A4, those are where I'm leaning. Should be much better for the track/TOTD type stuff, but still tolerable for DD use/getting to those places on the street.

I still think it would be cool to have the C5 as a fun car and a Fiesta ST DD but who knows how long I'll be in this job and can't really justify two cars in this situation.
I really don't get the sudden "need" for a DD? You're still driving the bang bus for the time being, right? Who cares what the DD is other than your 10k lbs audio fortress. If you have a job change, then you can decide what to do...income might be to the point where you can have two cars, so don't do anything before the job is solidified. Sounds like some :plac: :bs: to me.

On the seats front, I think A4's are popular enough to where if you swapped them in they wouldn't detract too much from the value. 50th anniversary cars seem to fetch a little more money, but they tend to be super low mile cream puffs. I think considering the mileage of your car, you could do whatever you wanted. Bonus points if you got them in a light color that somewhat matched. A4's should be a significant upgrade without compromising day to day drivability.

I've also been looking at Braum seats for a bit debating. They look nice like the A4's and they seem to fit the same from reviews. These would probably look really nice in the Anniversary Edition:

https://www.braumracing.com/product/eli ... ige-black/
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

On my front, traffic has been super light the last few days due to tons of people being off this week from last week. Weather with highs in the low 80's, I've been driving the :poorvette: every day with the top off. Pretty :fuckyeah: on the car when I can actually enjoy it without slogging through traffic or constantly dodging potholes. This thing really is the perfect fun second car.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:40 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 am

I really don't get the sudden "need" for a DD? You're still driving the bang bus for the time being, right? Who cares what the DD is other than your 10k lbs audio fortress. If you have a job change, then you can decide what to do...income might be to the point where you can have two cars, so don't do anything before the job is solidified. Sounds like some :plac: :bs: to me.

On the seats front, I think A4's are popular enough to where if you swapped them in they wouldn't detract too much from the value. 50th anniversary cars seem to fetch a little more money, but they tend to be super low mile cream puffs. I think considering the mileage of your car, you could do whatever you wanted. Bonus points if you got them in a light color that somewhat matched. A4's should be a significant upgrade without compromising day to day drivability.

I've also been looking at Braum seats for a bit debating. They look nice like the A4's and they seem to fit the same from reviews. These would probably look really nice in the Anniversary Edition:

Thanks for the pro tips. You're right, I don't need two cars now, could afford to add a FiST really no problem. I have near zero expenses. It's just stupid.

I do drive the C5 more than anyone else on this forum and it does kind of blow when it's you're only option. Sometimes it would be nice to just go somewhere without scraping all of the things, listening to the diff whining, shattering my anus, not being able to make a U-turn, etc. I'm probably just being a bitch though. The car is great when you're looking to just go drive for fun but really sucks otherwise, I think the whine has pushed me over the edge a bit.

My car pretty much looks like a cream puff, it's the nicest C5 interior I've ever seen, but I'm at 99k miles, so it probably doesn't really matter. I should just mod it and keep it forever NFG. It would just be nice to not "have" to drive it all of the time.

I'd love a smaller car that's more fun in basic bitch suburb life and doesn't scrape everywhere. Latest :plac: idea is selling it for an S2000 or FR-S for the same money as the C5 and then maybe getting a GTI or something if/when new employment happens.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 am On my front, traffic has been super light the last few days due to tons of people being off this week from last week. Weather with highs in the low 80's, I've been driving the :poorvette: every day with the top off. Pretty :fuckyeah: on the car when I can actually enjoy it without slogging through traffic or constantly dodging potholes. This thing really is the perfect fun second car.
:fuckyeah: :poorvette:

I agree.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am

Thanks for the pro tips. You're right, I don't need two cars now, could afford to add a FiST really no problem. I have near zero expenses. It's just stupid.

I do drive the C5 more than anyone else on this forum and it does kind of blow when it's you're only option. Sometimes it would be nice to just go somewhere without scraping all of the things, listening to the diff whining, shattering my anus, not being able to make a U-turn, etc. I'm probably just being a bitch though. The car is great when you're looking to just go drive for fun but really sucks otherwise, I think the whine has pushed me over the edge a bit.

My car pretty much looks like a cream puff, it's the nicest C5 interior I've ever seen, but I'm at 99k miles, so it probably doesn't really matter. I should just mod it and keep it forever NFG. It would just be nice to not "have" to drive it all of the time.

I'd love a smaller car that's more fun in basic bitch suburb life and doesn't scrape everywhere. Latest :plac: idea is selling it for an S2000 or FR-S for the same money as the C5 and then maybe getting a GTI or something if/when new employment happens.
Oh dude, I get it. I was super :eeyore: on mine when I was driving it exclusively while I was repairing the Volt. These things make terrible only cars IMO...BUT epic "just for fun" cars. I love it so much more now that I just drive it when I want to.

These cars are so much fun with gears, so the diff whine is actually a blessing in disguise if you relegate the car to fun duty only and swap gears when you can.

In your case, how often to you even drive it anyway? And when you go somewhere, can't you just take :tits: car? I'd totally wait for the job situation to settle before making a car move. :plac: to an S2K or Furburger doesn't solve anything, IMO especially if you're going to add to the fleet anyway.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:56 am

Similar feels from me and a :meata: right now.
Additional space, cost (tags, insurance, etc), and the constant wants for motorcycles.

On the other hand, I am a proponent of buying things that you have a desire to experience. Buy low (hopefully), experience it for a year and re-sell with minimal hit to the pocket book (hopefully).
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The 5.5 got handed over to the new owner yesterday. A few things that came up during the test drives:

1. The electronic push button to open the door started shitting the bed, i had to show the guy where the manual pull handle was and told him about the button. It came up as an issue during the first test drive so he was :aintcare:

2. The "mickey mouse" method is ALWAYS used to ensure the top opens and closes properly. I trained the guy on how to operate the top using this method and what he needs to do to permanently fix it down the road (find said strap in vert top and tighten it up by removing a screw and re-fastening it in a bit tighter)

3. The sudder/dash rattle. It was subtle, and I pointed it out during the first test drive last week. He says that he has a mechanic soooo.... okay then.

Besides that, the car is in good shape. He has owned it for 24 hrs and no calls back. He paid a bunch in cash so his wife wouldn't know that he paid more then they agreed upon lol
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I will miss that thing, but have a sense of satisfaction that it is sold. The garage needs a serious cleaning and reorganization now.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm I will miss that thing, but have a sense of satisfaction that it is sold. The garage needs a serious cleaning and reorganization now.
Thing is, you can find C5s all day if you really wanted another. And if you did, you can find one that's got what you want done to it SOMEWHERE.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:01 pm
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:42 pm I will miss that thing, but have a sense of satisfaction that it is sold. The garage needs a serious cleaning and reorganization now.
Thing is, you can find C5s all day if you really wanted another. And if you did, you can find one that's got what you want done to it SOMEWHERE.
Yea, it's not like you sold a super rare car, though you did have some choice mods/upgrades/maintenance completed.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah there's nothing rare about it. The OZ wheels set it apart and the 390s were installed professionally and felt/sounded 5/7 to date. No leaks anywhere. My next move will be to wait for a 2015 C7 to depreciate to the point of affordable at a time when I can afford to have one if I want one back. I likely need like three years before my personal finances are built up enough to have another Juan
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

That the thing... everyone is up in arms about corvettes etc, but GM sold 30k a year for the C5 for ex so it is easier to find a nice C5 than a nice gti as they sold more corvettes than gtis in this country.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm That the thing... everyone is up in arms about corvettes etc, but GM sold 30k a year for the C5 for ex so it is easier to find a nice C5 than a nice gti as they sold more corvettes than gtis in this country.
:burnout: :baldeagle:
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Lol. ALL DEM EAGLES NEED ROOM TO FLY OUTTA DEM TWICE-PIPES!
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

max225 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm That the thing... everyone is up in arms about corvettes etc, but GM sold 30k a year for the C5 for ex so it is easier to find a nice C5 than a nice gti as they sold more corvettes than gtis in this country.
:dat:

They're not special.

*scraping intensifies*
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm

They're not special.

*scraping intensifies*
:notsure:

Most of the GTIs we have around here are stock (surprising, but it is not the ghetto skinny tire/fat wheel car of choice here), while most of the C5's here are fucking trashed. Once they hit $20k used they became very popular at high schools here for kids and the only good ones you will find is from someone older than me or :wap: that were the original owner and still waxes it on the regular.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:39 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:36 pm

They're not special.

*scraping intensifies*
:notsure:

Most of the GTIs we have around here are stock (surprising, but it is not the ghetto skinny tire/fat wheel car of choice here), while most of the C5's here are fucking trashed. Once they hit $20k used they became very popular at high schools here for kids and the only good ones you will find is from someone older than me or :wap: that were the original owner and still waxes it on the regular.
Florida cars FTW. The old guys keep them in OK shape and the AC systems are always in perfect condition.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

That said, There was a pretty clean looking 2004 Z16 on a used lot here in town the other day that I was really tempted to stop and look at it. From 30 feet away it looked like it was well kept.

I'd have to rip the graphics off it and detail the car, hoping there's no permanent paint fade though... That blue on it is nice, but the stickers need to go.