Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:truk: :truk: :derp:

Who goes into reverse on the road? :disgust:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:22 am :truk: :truk: :derp:

Who goes into reverse on the road? :disgust:
We were at a 4 way intersection at a red light. He went to turn right on red so I started creeping up as well, and then about halfway through the turn he slams the brakes and throws it in reverse. I put my car in reverse as quick as i could and got on the horn but I wasn't fast enough to avoid contact. Now if I had my rebuilt lower box and TMOD 5% short shifter in I'd have been find for sure.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:13 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:04 am A guy in a truck backed into me at a stoplight last night then drove off through red light when I pulled over. Luckily he didn't have his hitch in so just the flat part of the receiver hit me.
You reporting it? I have a dash cam in my vette for dumb shut like this. I need to get another for my truck since it flaked out on me a while back
I'll probably get a dash cam. I almost had an accident in a parking lot 30mins ago because someone didn't stop at a stop sign where I had the right of way. How is yours wired/placed? I don't really want mine all janky looking.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:35 am
Acid666 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:13 am

You reporting it? I have a dash cam in my vette for dumb shut like this. I need to get another for my truck since it flaked out on me a while back
I'll probably get a dash cam. I almost had an accident in a parking lot 30mins ago because someone didn't stop at a stop sign where I had the right of way. How is yours wired/placed? I don't really want mine all janky looking.
I have an A119 and it's great. I think it takes 1440 video. It's wedge shaped so it fits perfectly behind the rear view mirror. I never have to see it in the car because it's not in the line of sight. I have a fuse jumper that I hardwired to a fuse in the passenger footwell, and I ran the wire up the A-pillar then tucked inside the liner.

I thought I had pictures in my imgur album of it installed but I can't find any.
It's well worth it because they're so damn cheap now. You can get a good one and a memory card for like $75-80 now.
Acid666

Break out your jean shorts and blow dryers! It's party time!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Had over 100psi of earl pressure this morning. Sensor was reading increasing and decreasing pressure today but was just about 60psi high. Worked fine yesterday so maybe it was just the moisture this morning.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:39 am Had over 100psi of earl pressure this morning. Sensor was reading increasing and decreasing pressure today but was just about 60psi high. Worked fine yesterday so maybe it was just the moisture this morning.
Probably just a bad sensor... very common on these things, I'm on like my fourth one and it still doesn't work. I need to dig into it again, it must be a wiring issue or something in my case.

You have to pull off the intake manifold to replace but it's not an awful job.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:21 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:39 am Had over 100psi of earl pressure this morning. Sensor was reading increasing and decreasing pressure today but was just about 60psi high. Worked fine yesterday so maybe it was just the moisture this morning.
Probably just a bad sensor... very common on these things, I'm on like my fourth one and it still doesn't work. I need to dig into it again, it must be a wiring issue or something in my case.

You have to pull off the intake manifold to replace but it's not an awful job.
As long as it's reading the fluctuations properly I'm not going to rush it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Did our cars come with rubber covers for the clutch and brake pedals? Holy fuck the metal is slippery if it rained within the last month.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:05 pm Did our cars come with rubber covers for the clutch and brake pedals? Holy fuck the metal is slippery if it rained within the last month.
Nope, they're just metal. The car's not intended to be driven in the rain...doing so basically totals it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:05 pm Did our cars come with rubber covers for the clutch and brake pedals? Holy fuck the metal is slippery if it rained within the last month.
Nope, they're just metal. The car's not intended to be driven in the rain...doing so basically totals it.
Well it's been raining non stop here since the original owner bought the car so idk what to do
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:23 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:46 am
Well it's been raining non stop here since the original owner bought the car so idk what to do
Set it on fire? :iono:

No, but seriously...I've never had an issue with the pedals. I've been driving my car in the rain more frequently (today even), and the pedals have rough grips molded in that seem to grip the bottom of my shoes just fine.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Mine are like ice I've had my foot slip off the clutch and brake. I'll just look for some rubber covers or something. Maybe they changed them through C5 production because mine don't grip at all.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:04 am Mine are like ice I've had my foot slip off the clutch and brake. I'll just look for some rubber covers or something. Maybe they changed them through C5 production because mine don't grip at all.
Oh hm, interesting.
ChrisoftheNorth

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/ ... 44693.html

Any bros with experience between C5 and C6 seats? Love the way these 2012+ seats look...could be a nice upgrade. My seats are fine enough, but currently a bit meh.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/ ... 44693.html

Any bros with experience between C5 and C6 seats? Love the way these 2012+ seats look...could be a nice upgrade. My seats are fine enough, but currently a bit meh.
I've been wanting to upgrade to C6 seats. Even the pre-'12 ones. Do you have the sport seats in your car?
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:39 am https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/ ... 44693.html

I've been wanting to upgrade to C6 seats. Even the pre-'12 ones. Do you have the sport seats in your car?
Yep...sport seats with all the functions. Everything works, and they're not as bad to me as many make them out to be.

Mine are going to need new covers at some point, which makes me consider a seat upgrade. Probably won't tho.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/ ... 44693.html

AFAIK you have to switch to C6 seat belts but the mounts are otherwise the same. Cutting the trim piece at the bottom reel will be the annoying part to make it not look shitty.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I have the base seats and the lack of lumbar support is :yuno:
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am
Detroit wrote:https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/pts/ ... 44693.html

AFAIK you have to switch to C6 seat belts but the mounts are otherwise the same. Cutting the trim piece at the bottom reel will be the annoying part to make it not look shitty.
Ah, balls. I was hoping to avoid that because agreed...I don't want to hack the trim piece up. There's no way to do it without looking shitty.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:55 am I have the base seats and the lack of lumbar support is :yuno:
Lumbar is nice, as is the adjustable bolsters. I actually have minimal complaints with comfort, they're just not very supportive.
Acid666

Those seats look nice, but I think the price seems a little high. I'm not keen to what they go for tho. For that price I'd think I could get some good aftermarket seats. I have a Corbeau racing seat in mine, so comfort is out the window.

Also, my pedals slip a lot too when it rains. I'm aware of it tho so I try to get as much of the slip off of my clutch foot before stepping into the car.
troyguitar

Don't drive in wooden clogs? :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:38 am Those seats look nice, but I think the price seems a little high. I'm not keen to what they go for tho. For that price I'd think I could get some good aftermarket seats. I have a Corbeau racing seat in mine, so comfort is out the window.

Also, my pedals slip a lot too when it rains. I'm aware of it tho so I try to get as much of the slip off of my clutch foot before stepping into the car.
They're overpriced. If I wanted to do it, I'd lowball the guy and see what happens since he's had them for a while.

I've yet to find an aftermarket seat I like. My car is a 99.9% street car, so racing seats aren't appealing to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:39 am Don't drive in wooden clogs? :iono:
:dat:

I wear shoes with soft soles/rubber/whatever and I've never had an issue with slipping off the pedals.