Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:15 pm I'm thinking about trying to mount two of the C5 Bose woofers in the rear shelf of the s4 to replace the 6.5" ones that are in there now. If anybody here happens to have any that are just sitting around I'd be willing to pay for them + shipping before giving somebody else my money.
What’s the impedance on the 6.5s and the Bose woofers?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:15 pm I'm thinking about trying to mount two of the C5 Bose woofers in the rear shelf of the s4 to replace the 6.5" ones that are in there now. If anybody here happens to have any that are just sitting around I'd be willing to pay for them + shipping before giving somebody else my money.
:butwhy:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:16 pm
What’s the impedance on the 6.5s and the Bose woofers?
Bose stuff from this era is 2ohm.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:22 pm
Because the C5 woofers are actually really effective, and wouldn't hang any lower than the smaller ones already in the S4. They have built in amps, wouldn't take up trunk space, have the correct impedance, and would be a cheap experiment.
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Because the C5 woofers are actually really effective, and wouldn't hang any lower than the smaller ones already in the S4. They have built in amps, wouldn't take up trunk space, have the correct impedance, and would be a cheap experiment.
:doit:
Should be a :neat: experiment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:notbad:

The Blose system actually does sound pretty good, IMO. I got a $100 Kenwood BT head unit and added it to the stock system and it is :notbad: at all, better than any other car I've had other than my Civic which I :troywax: on the sound system.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I have a pair of the front door speakers. I think.
Been a while since I saw em in my attic. No rear woofers tho.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:45 pm

The Blose system actually does sound pretty good, IMO. I got a $100 Kenwood BT head unit and added it to the stock system and it is :notbad: at all, better than any other car I've had other than my Civic which I :troywax: on the sound system.
Yeah the C5 Bose system was fine as long as nothing was blown out and you had a decent source.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:46 pm I have a pair of the front door speakers. I think.
You're talking the entire front door assembly?

Acid666

CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:58 pm
Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:46 pm I have a pair of the front door speakers. I think.

Yeah I should have 2 of those in my attic. I bought a pair to replace mine only to realize it was a wiring issue and not a speaker issue.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

troyguitar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:53 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:45 pm

Yeah the C5 Bose system was fine as long as nothing was blown out and you had a decent source.
Source made all the difference.

FM sounded terrible (worse than usual), but a CD sounded fantastic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:58 pm

Yeah I should have 2 of those in my attic. I bought a pair to replace mine only to realize it was a wiring issue and not a speaker issue.
If you would be willing to sell PM me
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Just ordered another set of Falken Azenis RT615K tires for the :poorvette: +20 in width :dedong: (275/40/17).

THese served me really well for track/street so I figured why not go for them round two rather than roll the dice. Plus, the price is :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Getting my new Falkens installed :excited:

Hitting Charlotte Motor Speedway Friday and VIR next Thursday :excited:

The shop gave me a bit of :sass: on the 275 series and how it's wider than what I've got.
Apex

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:58 pm Getting my new Falkens installed :excited:

The shop gave me a bit of :sass: on the 275 series and how it's wider than what I've got.
:sass:
Do your job tire monkey!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Apex wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:58 pm Getting my new Falkens installed :excited:

Do your job tire monkey!
They ended up being pretty cool. He put it up on the lift and was just like, you may hit these brake ducts if you hit a bump hard while turning. I was like, it's cool :bruh: , I want the :meat:
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Apex wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 pm

Do your job tire monkey!
They ended up being pretty cool. He put it up on the lift and was just like, you may hit these brake ducts if you hit a bump hard while turning. I was like, it's cool :bruh: , I want the :meat:
Been running my 315 square setup for over a year. No signs of it rubbing or being too much. It's like it was engineered for that size. Offset would be the only thing that would throw it off.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Been running my 315 square setup for over a year. No signs of it rubbing or being too much. It's like it was engineered for that size. Offset would be the only thing that would throw it off.
:word: I’ve seen many people run wider so I’m not concerned. But I’m also not mad about the techs doing their due diligence.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 pm
Acid666 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:09 pm

:word: I’ve seen many people run wider so I’m not concerned. But I’m also not mad about the techs doing their due diligence.
Actually rather :mindblown: that they cared enough to check.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Met Cale and Swedish Chef yesterday :excited:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 am Image

Met Cale and Swedish Chef yesterday :excited:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:ohdang: :megusta:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

He gave me a set of Michelin all seasons with a bit of mileage left to give :notbad: True bro, right there.

I will get them mounted on my stock :ramz: and have something for winter/road trip use. I'm debating just :scrooge: and not doing TPMS in those wheels as I will probably only use them like 12 weeks/year.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am He gave me a set of Michelin all seasons with a bit of mileage left to give :notbad: True bro, right there.

I will get them mounted on my stock :ramz: and have something for winter/road trip use. I'm debating just :scrooge: and not doing TPMS in those wheels as I will probably only use them like 12 weeks/year.
I dunno, to me TPMS is more important on road tires than track tires.

Track tires you check the pressure regularly, but road tires? The advanced warning of a leak would be nice on a road trip.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am He gave me a set of Michelin all seasons with a bit of mileage left to give :notbad: True bro, right there.

Track tires you check the pressure regularly, but road tires? The advanced warning of a leak would be nice on a road trip.
Eh, it's nice to see temps while pitting in off track to see what was gained and stuff. Also, the "track tires" will be on the car 80% of the time. I should probably just :wasteful: on a set for both :ohwell:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:08 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:31 am

Eh, it's nice to see temps while pitting in off track to see what was gained and stuff. Also, the "track tires" will be on the car 80% of the time. I should probably just :wasteful: on a set for both :ohwell:
They're pricey fuckers, so I get it.