Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I was going to say not so fast guys they're still polished :lolol:

Any other color besides the green and purple I think I would prefer the gray. I really want to get some paint correction done to see if it will help bring the original paint from the front fenders back closer to the newer paint on the front half of the car.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 am I was going to say not so fast guys they're still polished :lolol:

Any other color besides the green and purple I think I would prefer the gray. I really want to get some paint correction done to see if it will help bring the original paint from the front fenders back closer to the newer paint on the front half of the car.
Polished is absolutely the way to go on your car. They will look fantastic.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

OoooooImage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

:fancy:
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Yeah, dats :nice:
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:08 pm OoooooImage

:bravo:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:53 am I was going to say not so fast guys they're still polished :lolol:

Normally I don't like the polished, TBH, but I think they really work on the green and will look fantastic.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I drove the brub tub today, was pretty :fuckyeah:

It is definitely a tad challenging getting in and out of the vehicle with the race seat :doe: :lolol: But I really love the seat, makes everything better once you're in and driving.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Mickeys came out to be $807 pre tax

But only 3 are in stock. Still waiting on center caps though. The seller is getting them replaced by the tire shop since they disregarded the snap ring.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Also the seller packed them incredibly well with 10+ sheets of this foam and cardboard between the wheels. Probably cost him $30 in just foam.Image

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Melon wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:48 pm Image
:jimp:

That's an epic photo there.
It really is.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Anyone know if the center caps from my five spokes will fit the Z wheels?
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:24 am Anyone know if the center caps from my five spokes will fit the Z wheels?
I believe they should. My Z06 wheel caps look like the same geometry as my thin spoke caps did. I'd be surprised if GM tooled up new center caps just for the Z06 wheels.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:59 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:24 am Anyone know if the center caps from my five spokes will fit the Z wheels?
I believe they should. My Z06 wheel caps look like the same geometry as my thin spoke caps did. I'd be surprised if GM tooled up new center caps just for the Z06 wheels.
Thanks. The :derp: at the tire shop that took the tires off my wheels before the guy shipped them just hit then off with a dead blow and destroyed the snap rings. Supposedly they bought some cheap Chinese ones and the guy is fighting them for OEM ones. So I was hoping that my stock ones would fit if I don't get the replacements in time. Sucks since the new ones or mine probably will be shinier than the wheels and not look right.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:08 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:59 am
Thanks. The :derp: at the tire shop that took the tires off my wheels before the guy shipped them just hit then off with a dead blow and destroyed the snap rings. Supposedly they bought some cheap Chinese ones and the guy is fighting them for OEM ones. So I was hoping that my stock ones would fit if I don't get the replacements in time. Sucks since the new ones or mine probably will be shinier than the wheels and not look right.
:wtf: :derp: :butwhy:

Yours might not look out of place. It's worth trying.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:10 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:08 am

Yeah I'll try them. My wheels still have that mirror polish level and the z wheels are Texas sun faded but worst thing that can happen is I use some satin ppf on the caps. My buddy would hook me up and probably not even charge me.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:10 am

Yeah I'll try them. My wheels still have that mirror polish level and the z wheels are Texas sun faded but worst thing that can happen is I use some satin ppf on the caps. My buddy would hook me up and probably not even charge me.
could maybe even plasti-dip the caps with a frost for cheap/easy.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:20 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:16 am

That's some real poverty shit.

Perfect for a C5
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:22 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:20 am

Perfect for a C5
Airboat engineering bro. Works great.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:27 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:22 am

Perfect for a C5
Airboat engineering bro. Works great.
Lol I'm about to do it to mine. I bought some of the cheaper Chinese center caps because someone had a set online for $20. Figured why not. I'm not gonna spend the $100 Corvette tax that everyone's asking for OEM ones. Mine are for the track wheels tho. So look dont really matter to me as long as it's close to the same black that's currently on them.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I'M PICKLE RICKImage

ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 am I'M PICKLE RICKImage

OMG Please tell me this is your new plate for the :poorvette:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:48 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:41 am I'M PICKLE RICKImage

OMG Please tell me this is your new plate for the :poorvette:
Yes sir. Wanted to lock it in before the new plate design comes out and everyone scrambles. Which btw I put a voting thread in OT.