Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:35 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:05 am

I've seen that some people fully separate them, sand off the existing stuff, and use some 3m rubber epoxy for glass. I'll contact my insurance and see if this is covered under glass or not, and possibly find a glass repair shop locally that thinks they can fix it. I can't afford to replace it at $1500
Windshield adhesive should work, no?
Some people say yes, some say no. I'm sure it's all in the prep.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:56 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:56 pm

Dang man, sorry to hear it, that blows! I thought about selling mine since I had both tops when I sold my car and it seemed like nice used ones were going for 400 to 600, it might be worth taking a look. Hopefully insurance can cover it.
I'll let y'all know this week. The car is still drivable, but I just can't do 90-95 like I normally would on the highway. :pout:
:word: man, fingers crossed for you.

Let me know next time you're going to C&C, I'd like to get over there soon, although I will be out of town first weekend in Feb.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:08 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:56 pm

I'll let y'all know this week. The car is still drivable, but I just can't do 90-95 like I normally would on the highway. :pout:

Let me know next time you're going to C&C, I'd like to get over there soon, although I will be out of town first weekend in Feb.
It was FREEZING yesterday as you know but I'll definitely text you. There was a Rivian there yesterday. :neat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:58 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:08 am

It was FREEZING yesterday as you know but I'll definitely text you. There was a Rivian there yesterday. :neat:
Yep, I was outside a lot of the day…. 🥶🥶🥶
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Had enough AMZN points for a BROla x-pipe. I also bought some DOW auto glass adhesive to try to fix my targa roof.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I think that's about as level as I'm going to get them. At least until I replace the exhaust hangers. The left one is collapsed
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:04 pm Image

I think that's about as level as I'm going to get them. At least until I replace the exhaust hangers. The left one is collapsed
:thisisfine:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm not seeing anything that would get your kicked out of the Hooters parking lot man.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:22 pm

I'm not seeing anything that would get your kicked out of the Hooters parking lot man.
It's also washed and garage parked for tonight. Value is just going up and up.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Bought a set of 18s for the front. They came with new Toyo Proxes Sports on them and my god are the Toyos better than the Mickey Thompsons I had. They're quieter and somehow ride better even with a smaller sidewall. Fron the driver's seat the car feels slightly raked back so when I get a chance I'll probably turn the front bolts another couple threads. Although the car is staring to feel a bit floaty so maybe I'll just wait until I replace the suspension to worry about that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:38 am Image

Bought a set of 18s for the front. They came with new Toyo Proxes Sports on them and my god are the Toyos better than the Mickey Thompsons I had. They're quieter and somehow ride better even with a smaller sidewall. Fron the driver's seat the car feels slightly raked back so when I get a chance I'll probably turn the front bolts another couple threads. Although the car is staring to feel a bit floaty so maybe I'll just wait until I replace the suspension to worry about that.
5/7. Did you get Toyos for the other two as well?

I’d endorse the DRM Bilstiens, those transformed the car IMO.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:17 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:38 am Image

I didn't there's still some life left on them, but I'll definitely consider them when the time comes. I'm between coilovers and those DRMs. I really liked how my Subaru felt on BCs. Obviously one is much cheaper than the other but I'm not completely out of my stanceboi phase.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:42 am
D Griff wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:17 am

I didn't there's still some life left on them, but I'll definitely consider them when the time comes. I'm between coilovers and those DRMs. I really liked how my Subaru felt on BCs. Obviously one is much cheaper than the other but I'm not completely out of my stanceboi phase.
The DRMs are free.com for what they deliver.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:00 am

Agreed. And man they really were transformative both on track and in ride quality on the street. It’s rare that a ‘mod’ makes the car so much better in every way without compromise.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:00 am

Agreed. And man they really were transformative both on track and in ride quality on the street. It’s rare that a ‘mod’ makes the car so much better in every way without compromise.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Man I don't know if I'm just starting to dislike my car or if all other C5 colors just look that good.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Nothing :triggered: me like the front plate holder thing on a :poorvette:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:52 pm Nothing :triggered: me like the front plate holder thing on a :poorvette:
It's less than ideal. Especially when I had the Mac n cheese colored NY plate on the front.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

How did I not even think this was a thing? For years my car has ran shitty in the rain, even requiring the MAF sensor be unplugged to get home from work a couple times. Fucking fixed for $12

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:52 pm How did I not even think this was a thing? For years my car has ran shitty in the rain, even requiring the MAF sensor be unplugged to get home from work a couple times. Fucking fixed for $12

And the fix is? (Sorry I am SLO)
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:09 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:52 pm How did I not even think this was a thing? For years my car has ran shitty in the rain, even requiring the MAF sensor be unplugged to get home from work a couple times. Fucking fixed for $12

And the fix is? (Sorry I am SLO)
Rain water gets through the gap between the hood and the bumper, and while accelerating or driving on the highway will dump the water straight into the air filter.

:fullretard:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

New weather stripping on the front of the engine bay. :notbad:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:08 pm New weather stripping on the front of the engine bay. :notbad:
Did yours have this from the factory?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:22 pm
D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:08 pm New weather stripping on the front of the engine bay. :notbad:
Pretty sure yeah, but I don’t remember specifically. I never ran into issues with stock intake though and I ran that thing hard and put it away wet.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:51 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:22 pm

Pretty sure yeah, but I don’t remember specifically. I never ran into issues with stock intake though and I ran that thing hard and put it away wet.
Yeah the stock intake is covered. My last bumper didn't have this weather stripping either so I wasn't sure. Also got a new key fob today but I think the battery that was in it is dead. I'll get batteries tomorrow and try to sync the fob up to my car. Having remote locking and unlocking would be nice. Fucking $90 for a fob because the early models ran a short wave frequency or something. The 2001+ fobs are like $19