Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:52 am
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:41 am

Heavy, long. Won't be cheap but I don't offer prime.
I once had a swaybar shipped to me in a pool noodle. Dude cut the pool noodle long ways and wrapped it around the bar, then packaging tape in various spots. Worked 5/7 and wasn't that expensive IIRC.
:nice: ingenuity.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:43 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:03 pm

Should have a review within a few weeks... only hang up may be getting an alignment during COVID. Desert also has the shocks and loves them.

Which parts did you get from :mahtroy: Anything good?
Seat covers, HID headlights, c6 z51 front rotors with yellow calipers all around IIRC. There's obviously lots of boxes and I forgot what half of it is probably. Those are the most likely to get done though.
:nice:

:jelly: of the headlights.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:00 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:43 am

Seat covers, HID headlights, c6 z51 front rotors with yellow calipers all around IIRC. There's obviously lots of boxes and I forgot what half of it is probably. Those are the most likely to get done though.

I will be that guy with z06 seat covers in a base car

:okboomer:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:00 pm

:ohdang:

Those might be the ones I gave to Troy. Silver in the middle?

If so, those I got as a licensing approval example when I worked in accessories and performance parts at GM. They were supposed to be destroyed, so I gave them to Troy to "dispose of" because I couldn't do Z06 embroidery in my non-Z06 and my seats were in great shape anyway. They were rather nice IIRC.

They're making the rounds! :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:51 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:44 pm

If so, those I got as a licensing approval example when I worked in accessories and performance parts at GM. They were supposed to be destroyed, so I gave them to Troy to "dispose of" because I couldn't do Z06 embroidery in my non-Z06 and my seats were in great shape anyway. They were rather nice IIRC.

Do you recall if the embroidery is nylon based? Maybe they could be dyed black
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:44 pm I will be that guy with z06 seat covers in a base car

Yeah those are the ones. I never got around to installing them but they seem nice.
Desertbreh

So lots of excellent advice on how to ship a sway bar. But nobody wants the free sway bar. :impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm So lots of excellent advice on how to ship a sway bar. But nobody wants the free sway bar. :impressive:
I already have ze beef.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm So lots of excellent advice on how to ship a sway bar. But nobody wants the free sway bar. :impressive:
I mean I have space in my :truk: :poorvette: storage shed, but figured I would give first dibs to someone who actually does performance driving.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:29 pm Image
lolllzzzz
brain go brrrrrr
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

BROla doesn't like salt.

ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 pm BROla doesn't like salt.

Totaled. RIP
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Anyone know of any good C5 :dill: for sale? I have a buddy looking to buy one but his budget isn’t great.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Alright y'all... I need help.

I cannot get pressure in my brake system.

I have bled it at the master cylinder, bled it at all four corners a ton, like 1.5 liters of fluid through the system. I don't see any leakage at the master cylinder and it all worked fine before draining all of the fluid out of the calipers. Could there be air in the ABS system? I'm not even sure how to get that out, the brakes don't do enough to get ABS to activate I don't think.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:16 am Alright y'all... I need help.

I have bled it at the master cylinder, bled it at all four corners a ton, like 1.5 liters of fluid through the system. I don't see any leakage at the master cylinder and it all worked fine before draining all of the fluid out of the calipers. Could there be air in the ABS system? I'm not even sure how to get that out, the brakes don't do enough to get ABS to activate I don't think.
This is on new calipers? Are you able to get any fluid out the bleeders?

edit: also, how are you bleeding? Pressure, vacuum, or just pumping the brakes
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am
D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:16 am Alright y'all... I need help.

Pressure, I have the :wasteful: Motive thing. Each caliper has brand new clear, bubble free fluid coming out.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 pm BROla doesn't like salt.

Totaled. RIP
I mean it kind of is :disgust:
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am
4zilch wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:18 am

Pressure, I have the :wasteful: Motive thing. Each caliper has brand new clear, bubble free fluid coming out.
When you had the calipers off did the system drain off completely? IE was you master cylinder dry?
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am Pressure, I have the :wasteful: Motive thing. Each caliper has brand new clear, bubble free fluid coming out.
Hmm

I've done several systems from dry with a Motive, the Dakota and the E30, both with ABS modules.

That being said:

The C5 ABS system is much more complex with it being one of the first from GM to allow independent operation.
See if there is a way to jump cycle the abs motor, and open and close each solenoid.

Otherwise it might need a computer hooked up to it, or brought to a shop.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:21 am

When you had the calipers off did the system drain off completely? IE was you master cylinder dry?
It pretty much did, yeah. I should have sealed up the lines but just didn't think about it.

I might just call the shop up the street here that replaced my ball joints and see if they want to give it a whirl. They specialize in GM and probably have the computer to :dill: with the ABS shit. I'm kind of over it and just want to drive my fucking car. I am no Airboat Michelangelo.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
4zilch wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm When you had the calipers off did the system drain off completely? IE was you master cylinder dry?
It pretty much did, yeah. I should have sealed up the lines but just didn't think about it.

I might just call the shop up the street here that replaced my ball joints and see if they want to give it a whirl. They specialize in GM and probably have the computer to :dill: with the ABS shit. I'm kind of over it and just want to drive my fucking car. I am no Airboat Michelangelo.
There is a special GM tool needed to bleed the ABS, I don't remember if there's any way to airboat around it.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:06 pm
D Griff wrote:

There is a special GM tool needed to bleed the ABS, I don't remember if there's any way to airboat around it.
Yeah, don't you need a Tech 2 for this?
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:02 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 1:51 pm

Wondering if you have air trapped in your master cylinder. Have you tried doing a master cylinder bleed? Even if there's a bit of air in the ABS module you can still get a pedal.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

4zilch wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:02 pm

Wondering if you have air trapped in your master cylinder. Have you tried doing a master cylinder bleed? Even if there's a bit of air in the ABS module you can still get a pedal.
I did bleed it out of the lines uder the master cylinder. I haven't bench bled it, I don't have a vise, but it seems like pressurizing it and opening up the lines would accomplish getting the air out? I bled out at least one cup of fluid that way.