Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desertbreh wrote:All of this "Grand Sport Beater" talk from Chris. If you put down over 400 RWHP I will drive to A&A, get a blower and rule on you forever like Sauron.
I want in on this... if you get a blower I will put a sticker on the back window of my vette that says Small Dick, Fast Car!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Desertbreh wrote:All of this "Grand Sport Beater" talk from Chris. If you put down over 400 RWHP I will drive to A&A, get a blower and rule on you forever like Sauron.
Challenge accepted
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:
That sounds like a challenge.
One that has been accepted. He's fucked.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote:
Challenge accepted
:fuckyeah:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote:
I want in on this... if you get a blower I will put a sticker on the back window of my vette that says Small Dick, Fast Car!
:ohdang:
Apex

Detroit wrote:
Apex wrote: That sounds like a challenge.
One that has been accepted. He's fucked.
:fuckyeah: :doit:
Apex

In4Detroitputsdown399
ChrisoftheNorth

I may get heads as a result of this to guarantee victory.
Apex

Detroit wrote:I may get heads as a result of this to guarantee victory.
Failure is not an option.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote:I may get heads as a result of this to guarantee victory.
Failure is not an option.
:dat:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: I want in on this... if you get a blower I will put a sticker on the back window of my vette that says Small Dick, Fast Car!
:ohdang:
Not worried. There's no chance in hell Desertbreh will even put aftermarket brake pads on his whip let alone a blower.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

And this is how the Horsepower Arms Race has begun!
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote:
Detroit wrote: :ohdang:
Not worried. There's no chance in hell Desertbreh will even put aftermarket brake pads on his whip let alone a blower.
I guess if he's a bitch and doesn't keep his word, then yea.
ChrisoftheNorth

All I need is a set of $400 243 heads and it's over.

The hunt is on.
ChrisoftheNorth

I should hit 410 with 243s and cam. With 4.10 gears, I'd dub the car "410"
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Detroit wrote:I should hit 410 with 243s and cam. With 4.10 gears, I'd dub the car "410"

:hue:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Not worried. There's no chance in hell Desertbreh will even put aftermarket brake pads on his whip let alone a blower.
I guess if he's a bitch and doesn't keep his word, then yea.
That car is a pure garage queen. He doesn't have the :balls: to do it
ChrisoftheNorth

Sig updated to keep him honest. He will regret this.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Link or didn't happen
ChrisoftheNorth

Check his post above from yesterday at 5:47.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:Sig updated to keep him honest. He will regret this.
So this is what Lou Maiuri feels like. I probably should have thrown a few "phaggots" in there too.

A few thoughts:

1. I really do want to follow through with my bold statement, but concede it was meant more for lolz and to goad Chris into spending money more than anything. It won't happen in 2017, since we're blowing mad cash on a Bimmer in February (new delivery month, LOL).
And I would have to pay off the car first, I still owe about $8K on it.
2. 2018 though, is a real possibility.
3. @ Captain Canada: I'm driving this car, I'll have 20K on it by the end of January, and it is starting to lose (in my mind, if not in reality) some of its pristine luster. Also, IMHO, an A&A installation AT A&A in Oxnard is recognized by the
Corvette community as pretty legit in terms of a mod that won't screw up value. I do plan on keeping the car for a while.
4. I think Chris' car is great, and if I lived in Michigan I would do all of that stuff....no emissions cops ftw.
5. I think it will happen, just not in immediate response to Chris' mods. His car is jacked up, and he needs to not just make repairs, but make that thing strong like bull.
6. I can make some more power through a few things Troy mentioned, but it's a lot easier (and totally CARB approved) to add the blower. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I would need a radiator and clutch too. 8 grand? Ouch.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

And the truth emerges...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:And the truth emerges...
:jalepenis:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote:
Detroit wrote:And the truth emerges...
:jalepenis:
:dat: :disappoint:
ChrisoftheNorth

It is :impressive: that the A&A supercharger is CARB legal, doe.