Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:12 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:55 am
T00ners think I'm a moran.
Yeah man, a true dumbass for sacrificing 5 hp to make your car legal and not stink to drive.
Well, MI DGAF about emissions, so I'm not breaking any laws here. That's why people think I'm crazy.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am
D Griff wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:12 am
Yeah man, a true dumbass for sacrificing 5 hp to make your car legal and not stink to drive.
Well, MI DGAF about emissions, so I'm not breaking any laws here. That's why people think I'm crazy.
Really though, it is a federal infraction to even move the location of the cats, so long tubes are a federal issue.

I'm with you though, after years of long tubes with no cats on my Mustang and 4th gen Camaros, I put high flow cats on my LG headers on my C5 in 2003. I had enough of that smell that would waft up when you come to a stoplight and the windows were down or the top was off.
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:31 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am
Really though, it is a federal infraction to even move the location of the cats, so long tubes are a federal issue.

I'm with you though, after years of long tubes with no cats on my Mustang and 4th gen Camaros, I put high flow cats on my LG headers on my C5 in 2003. I had enough of that smell that would waft up when you come to a stoplight and the windows were down or the top was off.
True, didn't really consider the fed.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Purpc5z wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:08 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:01 am

Unless there is a gang of car egging jagaloons foaming the skreets, the fact that you and your bro’s cars got hit leads me to believe it may be more personal? Have other neighbors/residents had their cars egged?

Do you make any enemies at car meats and Mexico runs?
I 100% believe this is someone tha hates me. There is only one person that I really don't like that it could be. But the last time my car got egged, my best friend was at a Mexico street race and he was there. So, maybe it may not be him. :notsure: about all this, but I want it to stop
Do you rent or own the place you live? Do you leave at odd hours and piss off neighbors by revving and shit? That would be my only guess of pissing off someone on your street. But if someone's going out of their way that doesn't live near you, then that's some dedication, because you gotta find a place to park down the street that's not conspicuous, and then walk your ass in the dark and not look like some kinda hood rat. Then throw them shits and make sure no one sees it.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: C5 Z06

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am

I 100% believe this is someone tha hates me. There is only one person that I really don't like that it could be. But the last time my car got egged, my best friend was at a Mexico street race and he was there. So, maybe it may not be him. :notsure: about all this, but I want it to stop
I think you probably did something you don't even know you did... or you have a angry neighbor. Yell at any kids to stay off your lawn in the last couple years?

To get it to stop you're likely going to have to catch them and press charges, or move.
There is one neighbor that hates me. But they got egged as well and tried to blame it on me and my brothers.

Def going to try and catch them. Hopefully my camera gets them this time.
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Do you rent or own the place you live? Do you leave at odd hours and piss off neighbors by revving and shit? That would be my only guess of pissing off someone on your street. But if someone's going out of their way that doesn't live near you, then that's some dedication, because you gotta find a place to park down the street that's not conspicuous, and then walk your ass in the dark and not look like some kinda hood rat. Then throw them shits and make sure no one sees it.
I rent, leave my house at 730am and get home at 3. I never rip it down my street because it's curved and super dangerous.

Whoever is doing this is really trying to upset me. :bs:
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Huckleberry wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:21 am
Purpc5z wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am

how much and what brand??????
They are Creative Steel/Ultra poly mounts. $50.
sign me up dude.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Purpc5z wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:30 pm

I rent, leave my house at 730am and get home at 3. I never rip it down my street because it's curved and super dangerous.

I'd get a bb gun and go sniper on their ass.....
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Irish wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:31 pm
Purpc5z wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:42 am

In Cali? Purp would be the one getting arrested then...
Purpc5z
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

Apex wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Irish wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:31 pm

In Cali? Purp would be the one getting arrested then...
lmaoooo I would get killed foshow!!!!!!!!! :bs: :facepalm: :notblack:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Need to do some airboatin to get the center caps to stay in, and lower the car for fucks sake it looks so bad. The Mickeys ride so good, but can't even compare to the Michelin RF for steering response. I drive in a straight line though so it's ok.Image

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote:Need to do some airboatin to get the center caps to stay in, and lower the car for fucks sake it looks so bad. The Mickeys ride so good, but can't even compare to the Michelin RF for steering response. I drive in a straight line though so it's ok.Image

:bravo:

I think it looks great.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

ChrisoftheNorth

Also, my :poorvette: is now my only car.

:doomed:

Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Purpc5z wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Fucking losers
this is the second time it's happened. they hit my car with 4 eggs this time.
Perhaps it is time to sell the Corvette, buy a Kia, and upgrade real estate location?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm Also, my :poorvette: is now my only car.

:thisisfine: I did it for 4+ years. Winter is coming :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote:Need to do some airboatin to get the center caps to stay in, and lower the car for fucks sake it looks so bad. The Mickeys ride so good, but can't even compare to the Michelin RF for steering response. I drive in a straight line though so it's ok.Image

:bravo:

I think it looks great.

:dat:

In my personal opinion... do not lower!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm Also, my :poorvette: is now my only car.

:thisisfine: I did it for 4+ years. Winter is coming :doe:
I should have my Gladiator before the snow flies, so I'm not worried.

DDing the :poorvette: for a month or so should be fine.

:thisisfine:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:17 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:04 pm :bravo:

I think it looks great.

:dat:

In my personal opinion... do not lower!
Wellll there's a balance that can be struck. Mine is lowered just slightly. I had it slammed for a while and it was horrible. Now it's just about in the middle between 4x4 and slammed. I really like it.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I don't really have scraping issues around here, and I can almost fit my fist between the tire and fender. I need to do something about it. If I could bring it down and inch that would be perfect IMO.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:45 am I don't really have scraping issues around here, and I can almost fit my fist between the tire and fender. I need to do something about it. If I could bring it down and inch that would be perfect IMO.
Not so much scraping, the ride harshness increases exponentially the lower you go. Over bad roads, it can be painful.

Resist the urge to slam it and just go down small increments at first. When I decided to unslam my car, I probably adjusted it 4 or 5 times before I got it right where I wanted it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Also, absence really makes the heart grow fonder.

My car was in my dad's garage for the last 3 weeks or so. I was a bit short on mile on the truck, so made that my DD until it went back yesterday.

Firing it up for the first time in while made me :jimp: and driving it into work today was really :fuckyeah:

Super happy I didn't sell it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 am Also, absence really makes the heart grow fonder.

My car was in my dad's garage for the last 3 weeks or so. I was a bit short on mile on the truck, so made that my DD until it went back yesterday.

Firing it up for the first time in while made me :jimp: and driving it into work today was really :fuckyeah:

That potato potato brub cold start
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:53 am
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:50 am Also, absence really makes the heart grow fonder.

Man...it's epic.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:00 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:53 am

Man...it's epic.
I might grab mine this weekend. It's been at my mom's place for a month while I keep the Miata in the garage to do the motor swap. Well motor should be going in this weekend, meaning that I should be able to put the hood back on and keep it outdoors once again while I tie up all the loose ends. Kinda miss seeing that yellow booger.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Does anyone here have splash guards on their car? New :225: spray the entire car if the road is wet or dirty.