Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 pm https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1G1YY12S045102917

:poorvette:

Literally.

:mahtroy:
Price went up ?!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

max225 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:28 pm https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1G1YY12S045102917

:poorvette:

Literally.

:mahtroy:
Price went up ?!
They realized they were listing it way too low. Purple car in Hayward? Worth 20% more for the locals.
max225

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:02 pm
max225 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:41 am

Price went up ?!
They realized they were listing it way too low. Purple car in Hayward? Worth 20% more for the locals.
Holy shit it’s in Hayward ?! :wtf: how did it get here and why ?! 🤯
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

max225 wrote:
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:02 pm They realized they were listing it way too low. Purple car in Hayward? Worth 20% more for the locals.
Holy shit it’s in Hayward ?! :wtf: how did it get here and why ?! Image
Auction maybe?
max225

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 pm
max225 wrote: Holy shit it’s in Hayward ?! :wtf: how did it get here and why ?! Image
Auction maybe?
It would cost like 1k to ship it across country, a big bet to take unless you know you can sell it... there can’t be that much money in that car... if anyone wants it I can check it out. Not super far from me
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:09 pm Auction maybe?
It would cost like 1k to ship it across country, a big bet to take unless you know you can sell it... there can’t be that much money in that car... if anyone wants it I can check it out. Not super far from me
I can probably answer any questions about it since it looks to be exactly how I sold it (and for the same price too).
max225

troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:12 pm
max225 wrote:
I can probably answer any questions about it since it looks to be exactly how I sold it (and for the same price too).
How many miles were put on it since ? 6k?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Man... I want this thing still.
troyguitar

max225 wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:12 pm I can probably answer any questions about it since it looks to be exactly how I sold it (and for the same price too).
How many miles were put on it since ? 6k?
I think only like 3-4k. It had about 68k when I sold it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Anyone have experience with the BFGOODRICH G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2? My soon-to-be father in law owns a tar store... he's working on some new :poorvette: rubber for me and I asked for the Maxxis but he's suggesting those, likely because he can get me some great pricing.

I feel that these will shred on track like the Michelins, but now it's awkward with the future FIL if I don't get, plus it might be cheap enough that it's worth it?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:38 pm Anyone have experience with the BFGOODRICH G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2? My soon-to-be father in law owns a tar store... he's working on some new :poorvette: rubber for me and I asked for the Maxxis but he's suggesting those, likely because he can get me some great pricing.

I feel that these will shred on track like the Michelins, but now it's awkward with the future FIL if I don't get, plus it might be cheap enough that it's worth it?

I think my buddy has been autocrossing these since they came out with no issues.
troyguitar

D Griff wrote:Anyone have experience with the BFGOODRICH G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2? My soon-to-be father in law owns a tar store... he's working on some new :poorvette: rubber for me and I asked for the Maxxis but he's suggesting those, likely because he can get me some great pricing.

Those are OK, but the Rival is more suited to your use if you go BFG. I don't know if they are still produced (vs the Rival-S) :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thanks y'all. I reached out to see if he can get the Hankooks or Rivals if he can't get the Maxxis. :popcorn: on what pricing ends up being. He likes me a lot more since I proposed to his hot-ass daughter.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Registration and smog due for the turd. 224 dollars. :troywax: Luckily this car is easy.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

So I've been trying to find more info on this shit, but kind of hitting dead ends. So I'll ask you guys.
Any of you have any experience with restrictor plates? I want to choke up the Z06 a little to see if it'll help with autocross. Even with 315 square Rivals, I'm having trouble keeping the car planted. I got the headers and tune in what, October-ish, and all of my autocrosses since then have been in weather that's a little cooler than usual, so I was attributing my traction problems to not getting any heat into the tires, but I'm starting to think it's part throttle modulation, part too much power, part cold weather and cold tires. Since a plate is simply choking the intake down some I'm thinking it might be an easy way to dumb the power down. I'm just weary about if it'll affect the tune and run wonky.

I'm considering just taping up half of my air filter to try that first and see what it does. Kind of ghetto, but I've read of a few guys doing that instead.
I'm also looking at that big spoiler that this one guy makes for the C5.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:00 am So I've been trying to find more info on this shit, but kind of hitting dead ends. So I'll ask you guys.
Any of you have any experience with restrictor plates? I want to choke up the Z06 a little to see if it'll help with autocross. Even with 315 square Rivals, I'm having trouble keeping the car planted. I got the headers and tune in what, October-ish, and all of my autocrosses since then have been in weather that's a little cooler than usual, so I was attributing my traction problems to not getting any heat into the tires, but I'm starting to think it's part throttle modulation, part too much power, part cold weather and cold tires. Since a plate is simply choking the intake down some I'm thinking it might be an easy way to dumb the power down. I'm just weary about if it'll affect the tune and run wonky.

I'm considering just taping up half of my air filter to try that first and see what it does. Kind of ghetto, but I've read of a few guys doing that instead.
I'm also looking at that big spoiler that this one guy makes for the C5.
Maybe it's time to start driving the Miata at Auto-X and start driving this thing to Hooters.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

This fucker.... try getting that power down on a 245 like I have to. I have no sympathy for you.
But seriously driver mod + take some more air out of the rear tires?
Is your tune unlocked? Take like 5-8 degrees of timing out across the board. That’ll make it fall on its ass.
Acid666

Lol, you guys.
Thing is, I feel like this car was a LOT more controllable with the stock manifolds and my 275/305 RE-71s. It's like the torque curve with the headers and tune just dropped all of that power down in the low rpms to where if I don't watch my ass going into simple corners, the rear just barks out. And I'm not talking like "AWW YEAH TEE I CAN JUST DRIFT THIS BITCH", I'm talking about blipping the throttle a hair too much and then the rear kicks and I'm 90-180° from where I was originally pointing. Modulating and holding a little bit of spin is difficult when the tires are either biting hard or completely slipping.

My tire pressure starts at 32 PSI across the board, and after run #2 I'm usually at 28. If I need more rear traction I'm down to my minimum of 26 psi, but I never go lower than that. I'm still getting ok times, but I'm starting to see a few guys that I'm neck and neck with pull from me by .75-1.00 seconds and it's making me wonder how much of it is me since I was consistently competing with these guys but in the cold months struggle.

Prior to this tune and headers setup, I feel like I could totally get on it nearly to the floor way more often and it was controllable. My 305 RE-71s are the same width as my 315 Rivals due to the different rims fyi.

This event here was the absolute worst of the worst. You can hear when the car gets out from under me that I'm like, in the 2-3,000 rpm range just trying to wrangle it in and keep it straight.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

A restrictor plate will also decrease throttle response, and I'd imagine you would want a retune. Any chance you could just have the timing curves adjusted in the lower RPM range?
Acid666

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 pm A restrictor plate will also decrease throttle response, and I'd imagine you would want a retune. Any chance you could just have the timing curves adjusted in the lower RPM range?
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the guy that did my tune did ok, and I really don't have any complaints but if I'm gonna get it retuned I'd want to go with my first choice an hour away who specializes in LS motors.
I was mainly just looking for an easy way to choke the car up that I could do once I got an event. Once it's over I'd swap the plate out for the ride home so it would ride like normal. I'm just not sure how it would handle with the current tune.
I plan on doing more events in the Miata once Melon gets his E30 running since there isn't really any competition locally in CAM other than me and him.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:55 pm A restrictor plate will also decrease throttle response, and I'd imagine you would want a retune. Any chance you could just have the timing curves adjusted in the lower RPM range?
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the guy that did my tune did ok, and I really don't have any complaints but if I'm gonna get it retuned I'd want to go with my first choice an hour away who specializes in LS motors.
I was mainly just looking for an easy way to choke the car up that I could do once I got an event. Once it's over I'd swap the plate out for the ride home so it would ride like normal. I'm just not sure how it would handle with the current tune.
I plan on doing more events in the Miata once Melon gets his E30 running since there isn't really any competition locally in CAM other than me and him.
Throttle limiter, or spacer under the pedal?
Acid666

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Throttle limiter, or spacer under the pedal?

I don't think I need to limit the throttle, just less hp per % of pedal being pressed. I can barely get to 50% throttle in autocross anymore so instead of modulating and controlling myself in that 10-75% range it feels like I'm limited to 10-30%.

You know what, now that I think about it, this reminds me of a convo I had with my friend where he said some tuners add some "seat of the pants feel" power by just adjusting the throttle to be at 100% way earlier. I wonder if that's what that dude did and it's not that I've got so much more horsepower on tap but actually that the throttle is basically cut in half.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

DERP yeah limiting pedal travel wouldn't do jack shit below that percentage anyways.

I still think go full Detroit and mod you engine to hell with a 4,8L crank
troyguitar

Acid666 wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm Throttle limiter, or spacer under the pedal?

I don't think I need to limit the throttle, just less hp per % of pedal being pressed. I can barely get to 50% throttle in autocross anymore so instead of modulating and controlling myself in that 10-75% range it feels like I'm limited to 10-30%.

You know what, now that I think about it, this reminds me of a convo I had with my friend where he said some tuners add some "seat of the pants feel" power by just adjusting the throttle to be at 100% way earlier. I wonder if that's what that dude did and it's not that I've got so much more horsepower on tap but actually that the throttle is basically cut in half.
It's DBW so you can make it work however you want.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:46 pm
Acid666 wrote:

It's DBW so you can make it work however you want.
Yeah I get that, but I'm saying he's likely a shitty tuner and probably did some stupid shit like make 50% throttle = 100%. Shit that I don't want. All I told him was I wanted it to run solid, run cool, have good mid range torque, and I specifically stated that I didn't care about the peak Hp number. I just wanted it to run right.
I'm messaging my friend who's got a tuner, he might be able to load my tune and look.