Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:45 pm
He's gonna get banned too.
I hope we all get banned. HAHAHHAH
I told Chuck *SHOW US ON THE HEADERS WHERE HE TOUCHED YOU*
I LOL'd when I saw it.

Honestly, fuck that forum. Internet Brands needs to die a slow painful death (offline). They have some of the worst mods in existence and that forum is ready to ban anyone, even if they are 100% correct and polite.

Expect a strike by the end of the day. Extra credit if you tell the Mod to fuck himself and screen shot it.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 pm
Acid666 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm

I hope we all get banned. HAHAHHAH
I told Chuck *SHOW US ON THE HEADERS WHERE HE TOUCHED YOU*
I LOL'd when I saw it.

Honestly, fuck that forum. Internet Brands needs to die a slow painful death (offline). They have some of the worst mods in existence and that forum is ready to ban anyone, even if they are 100% correct and polite.

Expect a strike by the end of the day. Extra credit if you tell the Mod to fuck himself and screen shot it.
LOL will do.
I've already got one strike from countering the resident cock-goblin "Evil-Twin" over how Borla exhausts don't have drone which was backed by David Borla. Mr holier than thou tried to pull his engineer card and got called out repeatedly.
I could care less if I don't have access to post on that forum. I can still search it for occasional info that I need.
Acid666

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Check the thread again. My boy Chet just took some temps
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5 ... 1598666343
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

:lolol:
:popcorn:
Acid666

troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

I feel bad for the Evil-twin guy if he's still alive. He's kind of a jackass but he means well and did some cool stuff before he got old and closed his mind. He was also posting under the influence of who knows how many different medications for years.
Acid666

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:55 pm I feel bad for the Evil-twin guy if he's still alive. He's kind of a jackass but he means well and did some cool stuff before he got old and closed his mind. He was also posting under the influence of who knows how many different medications for years.
I used to feel bad for him, until he countered a couple of my posts with closed minded logic. Basically the "I'm pulling the engineer card, which means I'm right, because I'm the engineer". I work for engineers, so I know it well. Take other people's knowledge into consideration and hear them out before completely shooting them down. That's why he lost all of my respect.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm :lolol:
:popcorn:
:dat:
:fuckyeah: :lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:09 pm Hey Calederoo...

I saw that. Not sure the wheels fit the C6, but I still think a more modest Regamaster would look great. My truck has eaten almost all of my C5 mod money though.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Needs MOAR LOW
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit did you swap gearset or swap your entire dif?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:18 pm 17 and 18 for $300. This is a pretty solid steal
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5 ... -rear.html
Should've done this and sold the rear for $250. I had given up on CF, everyone wanted like $300+ for one C5Z front. I ended up losing patience and buying one from House of Wheels for $250 shipped, total set cost me $470 shipped in the end. I'm excited to finally trash these PSS though, they're garbage at this point.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

These would also be sex on the C5 IMO
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

I jumped in on the CF shenanigans.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Melon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 am I jumped in on the CF shenanigans.
:lolol: :bravo:
Acid666

Lolol. I don't think Chucky boy follows it.
Man I need some racing. It's been nearly 2 months. The Meowta is running with no leaks (still burns oil tho), and I need the wife to run this bitch.
My C5 is feeling lonely
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 am
Man I need some racing. It's been nearly 2 months. The Meowta is running with no leaks (still burns oil tho), and I need the wife to run this bitch.
My C5 is feeling lonely
Mine isn't feeling the love either.

I'm getting close to having the BMW finished doe, I'm really all hands on deck for that.
Might skip the January race, on the fence. Not setting up on Saturday is swaying me to go to the event, that way my entire weekend isn't booked up.
Acid666

Melon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:54 am
Acid666 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:32 am

My C5 is feeling lonely
Mine isn't feeling the love either.

I'm getting close to having the BMW finished doe, I'm really all hands on deck for that.
Might skip the January race, on the fence. Not setting up on Saturday is swaying me to go to the event, that way my entire weekend isn't booked up.
Hopefully they can get the fuck away from that Saturday shit. Bruce always had a hard-on for it. If you stop following all these elements to the T and just worry about sections relative to each other you can save so much time.
Kudos on the Beemer. I don't think people are going to realize that you've knocked that entire car out in record time and how far you've gone into the weeds with everything. I'm about ready to tear into this engine that Carl gave me. I looked at my spare engine's crank and it's not to spec and it doesn't look like it's to spec of any stage of regrind, so I need to tear it apart and get the existing crank looked at. That's next on my list for car shit, because this oil burning weak ass motor has to go..

If I know that no one's going to enter Cam, then I might join Kendra in ES to help her learn the car.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I'll be done with the interior (shy of the sunroof) after this weekend, and after that, it's just the rear end left.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

[user not found] wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:56 am
Melon wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:19 am after that, it's just the rear end
:hue:
:datass:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Question for the smart guys... Any ideas on what blew out on the front of my motor... Oil spewed out, got on the VC covers, etc. I need to investigate further, it's stuck in the work parking lot, but curious if anyone has ideas.Image
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 am Question for the smart guys... Any ideas on what blew out on the front of my motor... Oil spewed out, got on the VC covers, etc. I need to investigate further, it's stuck in the work parking lot, but curious if anyone has ideas.Image
Can't really tell, but you talking about little oil splots on those hoses?
Mine is greasy between the valve cover and the block behind the pulley, and I think it's leaking from the PCV valve. When I looked at :melon:'s LS1 I noticed that my PCV valve is in a different spot on the LS6, so I think that's where I'm getting my issues. I think the LS1 PCV runs down the intake manifold and connects somewhere near the middle of the valve cover or something.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:30 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 am Question for the smart guys... Any ideas on what blew out on the front of my motor... Oil spewed out, got on the VC covers, etc. I need to investigate further, it's stuck in the work parking lot, but curious if anyone has ideas.Image
Can't really tell, but you talking about little oil splots on those hoses?
Mine is greasy between the valve cover and the block behind the pulley, and I think it's leaking from the PCV valve. When I looked at :melon:'s LS1 I noticed that my PCV valve is in a different spot on the LS6, so I think that's where I'm getting my issues. I think the LS1 PCV runs down the intake manifold and connects somewhere near the middle of the valve cover or something.
PCV on my 03 is on a hose that runs along the passenger side valve cover next to the intake manifold. I'd suspect that blew somehow, which would be weird. It's hidden under the coil cover, so you wouldn't be able to see it immediately.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666

You can see where mine is. It's the black hose that loops on the bottom of the left head. When I clean up my engine it always seems to start back up with the dirty shit right there. I'd replace it, but it's a fucking $100 oem part. I'm cheap, so I leave it until it breaks.

Last edited by Acid666 on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Acid666 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:35 am You can see where mine is. It's the black hose that loops on the bottom of the left head. When I clean up my engine it always seems to start back up with the dirty shit right there.

Weird. Mine is on top of the head. Where's your valve? below the headers?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.