Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Bronze on green. :doit:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:52 pm Bronze on green. :doit:
It'll be a while until I can ball hard enough to spend 1/4 of the value of my car on some wheels. :math:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm

It'll be a while until I can ball hard enough to spend 1/4 of the value of my car on some wheels. :math:
YOLO.

:millennial:
If I move to Florida, sell truck, and live with mom :zing:
Apex

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm

YOLO.

:millennial:
I didn’t know :narc: moved to NY.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 pm
Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:45 pm

Bought a :poorvette: and a :truk: and invested his funds from the bank of mom wisely.
I approve of these changes.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:45 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:43 pm

:ohslap:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Update:

The spinning into a ditch accident appears to have created a leak in my front right tire. On the one hand I don't care that much, because they are already trashed. I'm not sure what to do though, because I was planning on waiting until February or so to buy all new track oriented street tires. I also only have two of my four new :ramz:

Also my oil pressure sensor died last night, the car is really in a falling apart stage right now. At least I have a DD I can give it some TLC, but what with moving and everything, not a ton of time is available.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

I never had an ounce of wheel hop in my FRC, and the C6Z would just blow the tires off on command or when I would pedal it there'd be no hop.

In fact the only times I encountered wheel hop was back in 2008 from my GTO and then after getting the SS.

That's all I have to contribute, sorry I'll go back to my hole.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:58 am Update:

The spinning into a ditch accident appears to have created a leak in my front right tire. On the one hand I don't care that much, because they are already trashed. I'm not sure what to do though, because I was planning on waiting until February or so to buy all new track oriented street tires. I also only have two of my four new :ramz:

Also my oil pressure sensor died last night, the car is really in a falling apart stage right now. At least I have a DD I can give it some TLC, but what with moving and everything, not a ton of time is available.

Oil pressure sensor was the first part on mine to go bad. It's actually an easy fix. If you've got fucking ferret hands you can do it without removing the intake manifold. But I could never accomplish it. Don't be afraid of removing that manifold tho. I've done it so many times that I've got it down to about 10 minutes.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Yea, shit happens on old ass cars, and considering the actual important life changes you’re stuck trying to fix a broken plastic fantastic toy, which is why having one reliable bruiser was suggested early on in your search. As opposed to keeping this around. The oil pressure sensor is a pain in the ass unless you drill through the cowl
Acid666

max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 am

Yea, shit happens on old ass cars, and considering the actual important life changes you’re stuck trying to fix a broken plastic fantastic toy, which is why having one reliable bruiser was suggested early on in your search. As opposed to keeping this around. The oil pressure sensor is a pain in the ass unless you drill through the cowl

LOLOLOL drill thru the cowl? HAHAHH that's crazy talk. 10-15 minutes to remove the intake manifold. I wouldn't even accept a 6 pack from someone asking me to do it for them. I'd do it for a single bottleneck of Pissweiser.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yeah Dan I don't see this thing making it through housing changes and marriage, but perhaps you will prove me and the Soviet Stormcrow wrong.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote:
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 am Yea, shit happens on old ass cars, and considering the actual important life changes you’re stuck trying to fix a broken plastic fantastic toy, which is why having one reliable bruiser was suggested early on in your search. As opposed to keeping this around. The oil pressure sensor is a pain in the ass unless you drill through the cowl
Yeah Dan I don't see this thing making it through housing changes and marriage, but perhaps you will prove me and the Soviet Stormcrow wrong.
I mean, I actually enjoy the process, just not really all of that with the added pressure of it being needed to commute in. But I suppose time will tell, feel free to take bets. My new year's resolution was to do two track days and I did four, going to shoot for 5-10 next year.

The :poorvette: is owned out right and not worth that much so I'm in no hurry to off it. The housing changes are really the big what if.

max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:32 pm
Desertbreh wrote:
I mean, I actually enjoy the process, just not really all of that with the added pressure of it being needed to commute in. But I suppose time will tell, feel free to take bets. My new year's resolution was to do two track days and I did four, going to shoot for 5-10 next year.

The :poorvette: is owned out right and not worth that much so I'm in no hurry to off it. The housing changes are really the big what if.

2 cars to maintain
2 cars to insure
2 cars to wash etc

1 of the two that i drive maybe twice a month or every weekend is what caused me to off mine.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Mark me down for Griff keeps the :poorvette:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm Mark me down for Griff keeps the :poorvette:
:dat:

only way griff sells vette is to buy another track beater
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm
4zilch wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:33 pm Mark me down for Griff keeps the :poorvette:

only way griff sells vette is to add to the downpayment for a new house for his current gf/future wife.
This is my bet.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:46 pm

only way griff sells vette is to buy another track beater
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
max225

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:38 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:23 pm

2 cars to maintain
2 cars to insure
2 cars to wash etc

1 of the two that i drive maybe twice a month or every weekend is what caused me to off mine.
Let him reach and make that decision on his own.

I’m real close to doing it myself but I’d regret it. Cars are a hobby. Can’t look at it through the mathematical beangoggles.

All I gotta say is that if and when you make a :haus: move, stand firm on the garage.
Not like I hold his title in my hand and I am driving it to CARMAX
max225

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:42 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I know.

But you’ve certainly said your fair share on here about having one car and only one car. Everyone has different motivators.

Let him enjoy having two cars for a while man. The dude’s earned his trophy after dealing with the :dill: that never ends.
I trust he is smart enough to make his own decisions. His car(s) his life :aintcare: we're just sounding off on the obvious.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:42 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I know.

But you’ve certainly said your fair share on here about having one car and only one car. Everyone has different motivators.

Let him enjoy having two cars for a while man. The dude’s earned his trophy after dealing with the :dill: that never ends.
At least he's not running a fking car lot like me.
Acid666

Cheap cars with cash, and liability on the ones that aren't worth full coverage on.
My 3 cars cost me $150 a month for coverage with full coverage on the Z06, and liability on the '05 Silverado and the '95 Meowta. Both those cars cost me $3K each, so the insurance isn't worth it to be full coverage. The vette is the only thing I have a note on. And if one of them needs parts, no worries. I can take my time fixing em since they're always parked and I always have my daily.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:17 pm

:amaze:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm Cheap cars with cash, and liability on the ones that aren't worth full coverage on.
My 3 cars cost me $150 a month for coverage with full coverage on the Z06, and liability on the '05 Silverado and the '95 Meowta. Both those cars cost me $3K each, so the insurance isn't worth it to be full coverage. The vette is the only thing I have a note on. And if one of them needs parts, no worries. I can take my time fixing em since they're always parked and I always have my daily.

My monthly insurance on two cars is $150, 'vette is paid off. It's a hobby. It's an expensive one, but whatever. I don't really like to spend money on much else.

The 'vette isn't really worth enough to make an appreciable difference on a house down payment. Right now we're going to rent a cheap apartment for a year or two and I'll be able to save some decent bank, already have decent bank saved and zero debt aside from the new $20k on the Bimmer.

Haters gon' hate.

If I'm going to sling shit from a cube just to make decent money, I'm going to at least use some of it on stuff I enjoy.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:54 pm
Acid666 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm Cheap cars with cash, and liability on the ones that aren't worth full coverage on.

My monthly insurance on two cars is $150, 'vette is paid off. It's a hobby. It's an expensive one, but whatever. I don't really like to spend money on much else.

The 'vette isn't really worth enough to make an appreciable difference on a house down payment. Right now we're going to rent a cheap apartment for a year or two and I'll be able to save some decent bank, already have decent bank saved and zero debt aside from the new $20k on the Bimmer.

Haters gon' hate.

If I'm going to sling shit from a cube just to make decent money, I'm going to at least use some of it on stuff I enjoy.
Just wait until you get into motorcycles...