Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 am
max225 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:55 am

Just disappear after a dozen posts, like they all do. :disgust:
Don't chase this one off, Vlad.
I want em to stay but they never do ... I don’t think many “get” DFD
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am
[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:11 am

Don't chase this one off, Vlad.
I want em to stay but they never do ... I don’t think many “get” DFD
So much :wtf: from an outsider I bet.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Vlad LOL
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Vladimir.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Just Putin it out there
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 am Just Putin it out there
:like: :like:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 am
CaleDeRoo wrote:Anyone else have some pretty serious wheel hop on slick pavement? I wouldn't mind tackling that this winter.

Yes. I need new rubber :doe: it's mostly just in the wet for me. Would you like to buy some 50 AE :ramz: with those tars? Mine will soon be for sale. The bronze would look dope on the green machine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Bronze would look good, but these tires only have 500 miles on them, and I need to lower this sumbich first. End goal is Regamaster Evos with some z06 wheels as a stop gap.

Also Lesbianist this place is weird as fuck, but the Deals Fap and :poorvette: drew me in.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

I'll be curious to follow your wheelhop developments. If I launch mine hard from a standstill, I have the feather the throttle to prevent wheelhop. I'm on new shocks, new tires, etc. No idea why it does that. From a roll, it's just a smoke show as it should be, but at least no hop.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

I wanna say that I've seen a few posts about wheel hop from guys on the CF and there was some common responses with causes. I'll see if I can dig it up later when I get some free time.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Bronze would look good, but these tires only have 500 miles on them, and I need to lower this sumbich first. End goal is Regamaster Evos with some z06 wheels as a stop gap.

Also Lesbianist this place is weird as fuck, but the Deals Fap and :poorvette: drew me in.
Regamasters on a :poorvette:

Consider me curious. What color?

Also, in4honestdfdimpressions
Probably all the :dong: emojis
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:45 pm I wanna say that I've seen a few posts about wheel hop from guys on the CF and there was some common responses with causes. I'll see if I can dig it up later when I get some free time.
They blame tires, shocks, control arm bushings, and sometimes diff mounts.

My car is a 99.9% street car. I'm not changing bushings. And I already did the diff mount which ended horribly. Tires are new and shocks are new. If the car's just gonna wheel hop, then :aintcare:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:56 pm
Tarspin wrote:
Probably all the :dong: emojis
I mean, gotta know between :dong: and :wrong:
Spewing :jizz: vs :poop: haha
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:58 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:45 pm I wanna say that I've seen a few posts about wheel hop from guys on the CF and there was some common responses with causes. I'll see if I can dig it up later when I get some free time.

My car is a 99.9% street car. I'm not changing bushings. And I already did the diff mount which ended horribly. Tires are new and shocks are new. If the car's just gonna wheel hop, then :aintcare:
Did you lay down some Pimp Juice before you launched it?
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Did you lay down some Pimp Juice before you launched it?
:lolol: That must be what I'm doing wrong.
Acid666

Yeah but sometimes there's things to alleviate it for cheap. For the GTI, the Dogbone mount that several companies put out legit eliminated 90% of the wheelspin on that car. I was amazed what a $40 part could do until I actually installed it.
I know it's different on the C5, but it would be nice if it existed. I don't have any wheelhop on mine but I also don't really get on it other than taking off at at autocross. It's hopped a few times when the weather was iffy, I just can't remember what the conditions were when it did it.
I just remember wondering why it was bucking because I'd not felt that in the car yet.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 am
Tarspin wrote:Get some proper fucking tars Daniel-san? What happened?

Glad you're alright doe, :like:
They're PSS, just worn out from tracking. I am trying to wait until February or March to replace, should be fine now that I have the Kamry.

The incident was pretty wild, me and my buddy were driving back from a hike. I pulled out of a gas station and was flooring it, it was hooking up just fine as the back tires are still good. after the shift into second I rolled back into it and the car just did a 360 off the road into a ditch. The temperatures were in the mid-40s so it could have been that, but it was crazy that it had grip in first gear and then in second just spun, I'm wondering if there was an oil spot on the road or something that I hit. Active handling and traction control were both on.... I tried to save it but it was just totally gone. Just put both feet in and prayed.

Wow dude. Time for a fresh change of underwear.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Yeah but sometimes there's things to alleviate it for cheap. For the GTI, the Dogbone mount that several companies put out legit eliminated 90% of the wheelspin on that car. I was amazed what a $40 part could do until I actually installed it.
I know it's different on the C5, but it would be nice if it existed. I don't have any wheelhop on mine but I also don't really get on it other than taking off at at autocross. It's hopped a few times when the weather was iffy, I just can't remember what the conditions were when it did it.
I just remember wondering why it was bucking because I'd not felt that in the car yet.
Yea, C5 doesn't have a silver bullet like that. I suspect it has to do with the control arm bushings probably being too rubbery/sloppy. They're fine under stock power, but can't handle when the power is cranked up.

IIRC, :mahtroy: mentioned that the stock Z06 control arm bushings were slightly harder rubber. Might be worth looking into bushing options that aren't poly or delrin.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 pm
Acid666 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Yea, C5 doesn't have a silver bullet like that. I suspect it has to do with the control arm bushings probably being too rubbery/sloppy. They're fine under stock power, but can't handle when the power is cranked up.

IIRC, :mahtroy: mentioned that the stock Z06 control arm bushings were slightly harder rubber. Might be worth looking into bushing options that aren't poly or delrin.
It wasn't the Z06 bushings but a production change IIRC in the 04's. GM also made stiffer rubber "T1" bushings for SCCA racing. They're :waxer: now though, I think you have to buy them with the arms if they're even still available.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 am They're PSS, just worn out from tracking. I am trying to wait until February or March to replace, should be fine now that I have the Kamry.

The incident was pretty wild, me and my buddy were driving back from a hike. I pulled out of a gas station and was flooring it, it was hooking up just fine as the back tires are still good. after the shift into second I rolled back into it and the car just did a 360 off the road into a ditch. The temperatures were in the mid-40s so it could have been that, but it was crazy that it had grip in first gear and then in second just spun, I'm wondering if there was an oil spot on the road or something that I hit. Active handling and traction control were both on.... I tried to save it but it was just totally gone. Just put both feet in and prayed.

Wild, shit happens glad you’re ok. How did you get it out of the ditch ?
Just drove it on out, it wasn't deep fortunately, so no real damage or being stuck.
[user not found] wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:27 am Also, I wrecked the C5 last weekend, spun right off the road into a farm ditch. Fortunately these things are robust as hell and no harm done aside from caked mud in some places.

:wat:

I don't recall anything being said about this.
Yeah... I was embarrassed/shocked so never mentioned it.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:08 am They're PSS, just worn out from tracking. I am trying to wait until February or March to replace, should be fine now that I have the Kamry.

Wow dude. Time for a fresh change of underwear.
We were both freaked out as hell. I haven't been over 3k RPM since in fact.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 am Yes. I need new rubber :doe: it's mostly just in the wet for me. Would you like to buy some 50 AE :ramz: with those tars? Mine will soon be for sale. The bronze would look dope on the green machine.

Sooo, did you just randomly find us on Google?

4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

:whalecum: to the most :wrong: place on the internet

:thankstrump:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Acid666

D Griff wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:23 am
Acid666 wrote:
Here's a couple of pics from our Night event a week or so ago. I think that the night even he was only .2 off of :melon:'s time
That is ducking nuts :megusta:

Forgot to add, I found out last week that this isn't really even a C10. It's a tube frame and has corvette parts. What corvette parts I do not know. But likely the whole rear end and who knows what other suspension geometry. Next event I see him I'm gonna see if I can talk to him and get pics. But it explains his speed. It's light, and fast but wide.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:43 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 pm

It wasn't the Z06 bushings but a production change IIRC in the 04's. GM also made stiffer rubber "T1" bushings for SCCA racing. They're :waxer: now though, I think you have to buy them with the arms if they're even still available.
Oh, interesting.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

[user not found] wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 pm

Regamasters on a :poorvette:

Consider me curious. What color?

Also, in4honestdfdimpressions

I don't know they all look amazing.