:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 pm
Detroit wrote: And at that price, probably the best bang for the buck fun car in existence right now.
And it is pending sale after being up for a few hours.
Dang, maybe I should sell my Beemah and just live the carless life.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:57 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 pm Dang, anyone want a mint sub-40k miles NA Miata? Somehow the Ford :dillerman: in my town has this...

https://www.fgtford.com/used/Mazda/1992 ... B-00remKq0
That is a :neat: time capsule! Looking at those pics made me miss mine a bit. I don't know why I care as I don't even drive, but I do already pine for another sports car TBH.
I miss the times I would drive my sports cars, but I don't really miss all the sitting they did. And now that I never have to drive myself anywhere, it's a complete waste. One car lyfe is treating us great and probably will for years. Will be a great money saver.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:58 am
troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 pm And it is pending sale after being up for a few hours.
Tempting, but I think you should wait for your job sitch to settle. You may need to drive yourself more and it would SUCK to shop for a car right now in a pinch.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:07 am

Tempting, but I think you should wait for your job sitch to settle. You may need to drive yourself more and it would SUCK to shop for a car right now in a pinch.
Yeah I am mostly kidding. It is paid for and just costs insurance, like $50/month. It is also a nice compromise still fun but also livable and I would be super :triggered: if I wanted to go o a bike event, take the :doge: for a hike, etc. and :tits: needed the Beep Beep.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 pm And it is pending sale after being up for a few hours.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:16 pm

:jelly: of the pov-spec Miata.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:16 pm

Breh have you seen the prices? No such thing anymore :lolol:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:47 pm

I saw the one Chris posted for $12K and thought it was pretty high :lolol: but it was at least mint and really low miles. Nothing is cheap anymore. I probably sold the :poorvette: too soon :lolol:
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 pm Dang, anyone want a mint sub-40k miles NA Miata? Somehow the Ford :dillerman: in my town has this...

Lolol 11k!
For a 1.6. My god. A guy at work saw my NA and said he has been looking for one for a while but people are asking astronomical prices and he can't find one that's affordable. I was like "WahhhhhtttttT?" And then I looked and saw the chaos.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:09 pm
I saw the one Chris posted for $12K and thought it was pretty high :lolol: but it was at least mint and really low miles. Nothing is cheap anymore. I probably sold the :poorvette: too soon :lolol:
:notsure:

There's still that annual repair cost to consider. That :poorvette: is on it's last leg IMO
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:59 am

There's still that annual repair cost to consider. That :poorvette: is on it's last leg IMO
It'll last another decade now that it's sitting in an :okboomer: garage not being driven. I think they can go hundreds of thousands no problem, but I also agree with you.. as I am not the guy that wants to put in the work to keep it on the road and track. I need to :stfu: and wait until I can hopefully get a GR86.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Acid666 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:10 am

Lolol 11k!
For a 1.6. My god. A guy at work saw my NA and said he has been looking for one for a while but people are asking astronomical prices and he can't find one that's affordable. I was like "WahhhhhtttttT?" And then I looked and saw the chaos.
It's a whole new :disgust: world we live in...
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:57 pm
Tarspin wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:17 pm

It'll last another decade now that it's sitting in an :okboomer: garage not being driven. I think they can go hundreds of thousands no problem, but I also agree with you.. as I am not the guy that wants to put in the work to keep it on the road and track. I need to :stfu: and wait until I can hopefully get a GR86.
If you have the time and money, anything is possible. We're capable of the work, but I don't enjoy the idea of getting under a car for some blown plastic hose that finally rotted out. Zero to 10 year old cars are what I will spend my cash if I every buy another fun car, a GR86 is really neat.
ChrisoftheNorth

Lolol 11k!
Nothing is cheap anymore. I've been on the lookout for a :truk: and rusted heaps are $5k now. It's bad.

The only way to fix it is stop paying these ridiculous prices.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:58 pm

Lolol 11k!
It's a whole new :disgust: world we live in...
:dat:

Now is the time to give up on vehicles for a while.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

1.6 miatas are no fun don't @me
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:54 pm 1.6 miatas are no fun don't @me
Mine was a 1.6, it was aight. I enjoyed drifting around every intersection in Charlotte NFG. You just can't do that with 0.2 extra liters of displacement and powah.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:16 pm

Lolol 11k!
Nothing is cheap anymore. I've been on the lookout for a :truk: and rusted heaps are $5k now. It's bad.

The only way to fix it is stop paying these ridiculous prices.
:dat:

People have no patience :lolol:
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

D Griff wrote:
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:54 pm 1.6 miatas are no fun don't @me
Mine was a 1.6, it was aight. I enjoyed drifting around every intersection in Charlotte NFG. You just can't do that with 0.2 extra liters of displacement and powah.
My favorite miatas are the late NB 6-speeds with the super short gearing. Tons of fun at real world speeds.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Here's a sorted Gen2 MR2 that I'm considering for $17.5, or about 13k USD. The seller tells me that paint job is getting tired, but all original with only a small touch or rust on the bottom of one door. Mechanically it was all sorted before he did his build, and it has 300ish :horse: currently. The engine holds good pressure... I :notsure: about going down this wormhole, or even running it by the wife yet, but it is a bucket list car for me. There was a nicer one in a dark green that was even better sorted, but neither are exemplary cases of stock, appreciation machines with all this extra gear bolted in.

Nice seats, and i could :fap: to that engine bay during long cold winter storage situations.

What do you guys think are the realities of owning this 1991 relic?

ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:10 am Here's a sorted Gen2 MR2 that I'm considering for $17.5, or about 13k USD. The seller tells me that paint job is getting tired, but all original with only a small touch or rust on the bottom of one door. Mechanically it was all sorted before he did his build, and it has 300ish :horse: currently. The engine holds good pressure... I :notsure: about going down this wormhole, or even running it by the wife yet, but it is a bucket list car for me. There was a nicer one in a dark green that was even better sorted, but neither are exemplary cases of stock, appreciation machines with all this extra gear bolted in.

Nice seats, and i could :fap: to that engine bay during long cold winter storage situations.

I love these things, but I'd be :notsure: about a car modified to this level unless you're looking for something to tinker with and you know the person who did the work.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:41 am
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:10 am
Here's a sorted Gen2 MR2 that I'm considering for $17.5, or about 13k USD.

I love these things, but I'd be :notsure: about a car modified to this level unless you're looking for something to tinker with and you know the person who did the work.
I love these too, but I think just keeping a stock example alive might be difficult enough. Do you think it will require a lot of attention to keep running?
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:47 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:41 am
I love these too, but I think just keeping a stock example alive might be difficult enough. Do you think it will require a lot of attention to keep running?
At least a stock example you know what needs to be done to fix something. Aftermarket parts and how they're installed can create a myriad of mysterious issues that are really hard to diagnose. I've never had good luck with previously modified vehicles and just generally steer clear of them. And yes, I'd assume that it would be a constant project to keep going.

I know nothing about these things other than liking them. Someone else might know more, and maybe all these mods are good upgrades and it's a solid ZFG performer.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:02 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:47 am

At least a stock example you know what needs to be done to fix something. Aftermarket parts and how they're installed can create a myriad of mysterious issues that are really hard to diagnose. I've never had good luck with previously modified vehicles and just generally steer clear of them. And yes, I'd assume that it would be a constant project to keep going.

I know nothing about these things other than liking them. Someone else might know more, and maybe all these mods are good upgrades and it's a solid ZFG performer.
Yeah, all good points. See if there's more input from the group, but it's a double threat... Age and mods.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

That thing is set up as a "racecar" and I can't see it being fun anywhere but a track. 6-puck clutch, manual (slow) steering, and no AC? :disgust:

Those are otherwise all pretty good mods AFAIK, looks like all of the stuff is from real brands and fairly well thought out.