Obligatory C5 Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:08 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 pm

Yeah I would have gone fucktory on an A/C compressor.
Yeah man compressors ain't cheap. F that jazz.
And yet, here he is.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

It's major labor to swap the ac compressor, so good call getting one with a warranty. Curious to see how a local :dillerman: handles it :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:41 am It's major labor to swap the ac compressor, so good call getting one with a warranty. Curious to see how a local :dillerman: handles it :doe:
It's at City Chevrolet (yes, that City Chevrolet), and they told me it's all covered, and they are replacing the lower tube as well incase it caught any debris. I also asked for an estimate to replace the e brake assembly in the car, but they called me to say it was NLA, and that they removed it, cleaned the 23 year old gunk out, and that it's working again. They said the last shop should have done that when I asked them to fix it, so they're only charging the $60 diag fee even though they had to take the console and seat out. Overall it's been a positive experience, but we'll see when I pick it back up.
Acid666
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:48 am
Detroit wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:41 am It's major labor to swap the ac compressor, so good call getting one with a warranty. Curious to see how a local :dillerman: handles it :doe:
It's at City Chevrolet (yes, that City Chevrolet), and they told me it's all covered, and they are replacing the lower tube as well incase it caught any debris. I also asked for an estimate to replace the e brake assembly in the car, but they called me to say it was NLA, and that they removed it, cleaned the 23 year old gunk out, and that it's working again. They said the last shop should have done that when I asked them to fix it, so they're only charging the $60 diag fee even though they had to take the console and seat out. Overall it's been a positive experience, but we'll see when I pick it back up.
Console ain't much work. Can't tell you how many times I took my shit out to wire up all my crap. So good on them for spending the few minutes to look into it.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Acid666 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:48 am

Console ain't much work. Can't tell you how many times I took my shit out to wire up all my crap. So good on them for spending the few minutes to look into it.
Oh I know it's five minutes for me but taking the seat out and getting around the carpet, then cleaning, and putting it all back together is probably 2 hrs of labor anywhere you go so I appreciate the significant discount.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Randy Quaid doing you right.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The drive there was awful. Torrential downpour, stop and go, 4" deep puddles, and open windows because defrost obviously wasn't working. The street comps performed surprisingly well in the rain though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm The drive there was awful. Torrential downpour, stop and go, 4" deep puddles, and open windows because defrost obviously wasn't working. The street comps performed surprisingly well in the rain though.
Yeah man, weird weather around here recently, we were in some crazy floods and thunder/lighting on our quick Atlanta trip last night.

Also, East Independence is kind of :disgust: I grew up just a couple of miles from that place, E. Independence used to just be a regular road but they made it that hybrid expressway thing and it's just terrible.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:25 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:21 pm The drive there was awful. Torrential downpour, stop and go, 4" deep puddles, and open windows because defrost obviously wasn't working. The street comps performed surprisingly well in the rain though.
Yeah man, weird weather around here recently, we were in some crazy floods and thunder/lighting on our quick Atlanta trip last night.

Also, East Independence is kind of :disgust: I grew up just a couple of miles from that place, E. Independence used to just be a regular road but they made it that hybrid expressway thing and it's just terrible.
I was on 29&24 the entire time. Took me about 45 min from work, when without the rain would have been high 20's
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Me: I spent way too much money on this thing

Also Me:

Edit:. Cleaned and conditioned. I also ordered a wiring depinning kit so I can move some wires around in the plug so that the controls work properly in my non sport seat equipped car.

ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:15 pm Me: I spent way too much money on this thing

Also Me:

Edit:. Cleaned and conditioned. I also ordered a wiring depinning kit so I can move some wires around in the plug so that the controls work properly in my non sport seat equipped car.

They look good, but I hope they were free. They're really not great.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:55 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:15 pm Me: I spent way too much money on this thing

Also Me:

They weren't, but I bet repairing mine would cost more. I have the seat frame poking through the left bolster in my driver's seat. I'm also looking for comfort and not performance driving.
ChrisoftheNorth

CaleDeRoo wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:02 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:55 pm
They weren't, but I bet repairing mine would cost more. I have the seat frame poking through the left bolster in my driver's seat. I'm also looking for comfort and not performance driving.
They're solidly decent for comfort, should be an ok improvement especially if your current seats are shot. New foam and covers for the original seats wouldn't be cheap.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:01 am

They're solidly decent for comfort, should be an ok improvement especially if your current seats are shot. New foam and covers for the original seats wouldn't be cheap.
I have the covers you gave Troy, but I'd have to have the zo6 embroidery removed in addition to new foam, and then I still wouldn't any lumbar adjustment.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

They're indeed pretty comfy but pretty shitty if you want to turn.
Acid666
Drives: 02 Z06/95 Meowta/05 SilveraDOE

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:26 am
They're indeed pretty comfy but pretty shitty if you want to turn.
hah no kidding. I've got skin in my door panel speaker grill from trying to hold myself in during autocross with my knees when I had stock seats.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

The guy I bought these from is replacing them with QRT-Rs for NASA duty.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

All the wiring was identical so they went right in. Luckily I at least had the memory seats. My knees are chewed up from the textured concrete driveway though.

Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Looking as good as you possibly can in factory C5 seat land.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Now I just need to replace my what seem to have recently blown woofer/mid assemblies with the ones I bought from the swamp. Those were supposed to get adapted to the rear deck of the S4 but I might be driving this to Chicago for RADwood in three weeks so I'd like some working speakers.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

That car will always turn heads regardless of the seats, but the tan replacements are 5/7 with your paintjob! Get those replacement speakers in for sure. :like:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looks good man, I always thought that the sport seats look dece and are quite comfy, if you're staying away from the track/canyons, they will serve you quite well.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

What say you?

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 46665.html

The price feels a bit high to me... but damn if it isn't the cheapest C5 for sale locally that isn't a total shitbox automatic with ripped up seats, weird mods, destroyed exterior, etc.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It should sell pretty effortlessly IMO
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:40 pm What say you?

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 46665.html

The price feels a bit high to me... but damn if it isn't the cheapest C5 for sale locally that isn't a total shitbox automatic with ripped up seats, weird mods, destroyed exterior, etc.
:wat: happened to ‘Vana/Vroom?
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.