Jeeponomics 201: Toledo Griff

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Zillon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:22 pm
Apex wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:44 pm

Super easy install with the right tool. :lol:
Took about 20 minutes taking my time making sure everything lined up nicely.

Holy difference. I’m excited to drive home from the in-laws and see how the difference is.
Did you just do the front risers?
Yeah, just the fronts and I have both pieces in for a 1” raise.
Apex

Outboard:

Inboard:

And some lighting bling:

:megusta:
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Looks great dude. Got some :jelly: over here.
:sawce:
Zillon
Drives: 🌮

SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:23 pm Looks great dude. Got some :jelly: over here.
Just hit me up when you’re ready for some lighting goodies.
Garage: 2013 Terrorist 🌮 | 2006 :jizz: rocket
Got a parts itch that needs scratchin'? Hit me up: Momentum Worx
Apex

Zillon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:28 pm
SAWCE wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:23 pm Looks great dude. Got some :jelly: over here.
:sawce: it’s worth it to hit up Zill. He does good helping me scratch dat itch. :hubba:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

My buddy, who is an FCA :dillerman:, ordered a 392 Wrongler. $87K. Supposed to be delivered in November. I will be taking his Tahoe Premier off his hands for the wifepiece.
Bender wrote: No one gives a shit about Virginia
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Plastic Fantastic + Beep Beep

Apex wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:33 pm
Zillon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:28 pm

:sawce: it’s worth it to hit up Zill. He does good helping me scratch dat itch. :hubba:
'pecs and Zill up in here making me want to :wasteful: on muh Jeep. The stock poverty lighting is kinda meh TBH. It's funny, I have done so little night driving outside of in town in the :poorvette: it's never really bothered me that the lighting is trash... the Jeep being more of our 'adventure vehicle' of sorts, sometimes it's very dark and tough to navigate.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Plastic Fantastic + Beep Beep

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:37 pm My buddy, who is an FCA :dillerman:, ordered a 392 Wrongler. $87K. Supposed to be delivered in November. I will be taking his Tahoe Premier off his hands for the wifepiece.
:nice:

In4 Wrongler review if you ride in it/drive it at some point.

You selling the :unicorn: :poop: Beemah?
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:53 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:37 pm My buddy, who is an FCA :dillerman:, ordered a 392 Wrongler. $87K. Supposed to be delivered in November. I will be taking his Tahoe Premier off his hands for the wifepiece.

Definitely hope to take it for a spin. The poo Bimmer is my daily. We'll move the GMT800 to MX full time.
max225
Drives: JCW Clowncar+ Cuckoma TURD BRO

How did it get to 87? Weird. They are fully loaded minus the power roof ... 73-77k should be it...
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:22 pm
How did it get to 87? Weird. They are fully loaded minus the power roof ... 73-77k should be it...
He got the double roof option, I'll post the build sheet when I get it.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:53 am

Definitely hope to take it for a spin. The poo Bimmer is my daily. We'll move the GMT800 to MX full time.
My dad sold his GMT800 with ~190k on it last week for $5400. :pouroneout:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:33 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 pm

:sad: No plans to get rid of this thing with 165K on it. I have spent the money along the way to fix all the little shit like broken overhead map light switches, folding mirrors, etc., so there's never some sort of "old truck has too much wrong with it" mentality. Latest old car thing is the 5th speed on the blower took a dump....I think its the resistor. No rust because of location. I put on a bull bar that matches the factory side steps and got the Black Oak LED mounted. Had a bit of a "Desert Dumbshit" moment with the electrical on that but I'll tell that story after I get it cleaned up and take some pics.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:44 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:33 pm

:sad: No plans to get rid of this thing with 165K on it. I have spent the money along the way to fix all the little shit like broken overhead map light switches, folding mirrors, etc., so there's never some sort of "old truck has too much wrong with it" mentality. Latest old car thing is the 5th speed on the blower took a dump....I think its the resistor. No rust because of location. I put on a bull bar that matches the factory side steps and got the Black Oak LED mounted. Had a bit of a "Desert Dumbshit" moment with the electrical on that but I'll tell that story after I get it cleaned up and take some pics.
:like:

My pops just didn’t have much of a need for this anymore. He’s loving the S5 and he drives that all the time; it’s a much easier DD for him than the 996 was.
Retired and doesn’t need to go anywhere and when he does he likes to have some fun.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:47 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:44 pm

My pops just didn’t have much of a need for this anymore. He’s loving the S5 and he drives that all the time; it’s a much easier DD for him than the 996 was.
Retired and doesn’t need to go anywhere and when he does he likes to have some fun.
Yeah I'm a little :notsure: on continuing to increase the fleet and its attendant operational/monthly costs but at least I'll be able to pull the GMT800 off the US Insurance roll when I move it south full time. I should off the Bimmer but I've finally consumed almost the entirety of the depreciation shit sandwich so I might as well run it. New German Cars. Never again.
Apex

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:54 pm
Apex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:47 pm

Yeah I'm a little :notsure: on continuing to increase the fleet and its attendant operational/monthly costs but at least I'll be able to pull the GMT800 off the US Insurance roll when I move it south full time. I should off the Bimmer but I've finally consumed almost the entirety of the depreciation shit sandwich so I might as well run it. New German Cars. Never again.
Every little bit helps!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Apex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:54 pm

Every little bit helps!
Agreed.
Detroit
Drives: CT

Vroom offered $42,650 for our JL. We paid $41k for it 1.5 years ago and put 9k miles on it. It's gone.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Drives: Willys Wheeler

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:57 am Vroom offered $42,650 for our JL. We paid $41k for it 1.5 years ago and put 9k miles on it. It's gone.
Woah
:sawce:
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:57 am Vroom offered $42,650 for our JL. We paid $41k for it 1.5 years ago and put 9k miles on it. It's gone.
:pouroneout:
Detroit

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:25 am
Yep. I was never that :fuckyeah: on our JL anyway. It's the most basic, common config ever. Even the wife admitted that she wished it was a different color.

Might buy another in a year if we need another vehicle, who knows.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 am
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:25 am

Yep. I was never that :fuckyeah: on our JL anyway. It's the most basic, common config ever. Even the wife admitted that she wished it was a different color.

Can you get plates on a side by side? That’s the better way to go for a second vehicle for you guys.
Detroit

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:17 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:00 am

Can you get plates on a side by side? That’s the better way to go for a second vehicle for you guys.
That's what the wife wants BAD. She saw them bombing around out west and she's hooked. We have more trails for SxS's than anything else in our region, so it would get a lot of use. People have told us you can plate them, but I haven't looked into it much and I don't see many running around so I'm :notsure: Will be looking into it for sure because it would be an ideal 2nd car since it could go to our local market on backroads easy. Just not in the winter...
Apex

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 am
Apex wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:17 am

That's what the wife wants BAD. She saw them bombing around out west and she's hooked. We have more trails for SxS's than anything else in our region, so it would get a lot of use. People have told us you can plate them, but I haven't looked into it much and I don't see many running around so I'm :notsure: Will be looking into it for sure because it would be an ideal 2nd car since it could go to our local market on backroads easy. Just not in the winter...
:fuckyeah:

Go SxS! You have the truk for winter market runs.
Detroit

Apex wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 am
Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 am
:fuckyeah:

Go SxS! You have the truk for winter market runs.
Right now the debate is what to do if I need to take the truck downstate for work. It's a need that's still :notsure: as of now.