Das Auto: VW Chat

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 am

I wonder what the demand is for a Ken Block Green® GoRf?
With Monster® Energy Drink decals and matching neon green vape pen
Does the MK7 have the red bull can holder in between the cupholders? That was among the stupider things on the MK6 IMO.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:24 am

Does the MK7 have the red bull can holder in between the cupholders? That was among the stupider things on the MK6 IMO.
Gone now. I used mine once in 4 yrs
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

I forgot about that.. I did one of the euro cup holder swaps with the bottle opener separating the two cup areas.. forgot about a bunch of little mods like that that I'd done.. man that was a fun car to tinker on.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:16 am

Did you mount your :jimp: :ramz: yet?
not yet, I need to ceramic coat them. Also waiting on time/tire shop that wont screw up wheels.
The car will look great with those wheels, can't wait to see them mounted.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:30 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 am

not yet, I need to ceramic coat them. Also waiting on time/tire shop that wont screw up wheels.
The car will look great with those wheels, can't wait to see them mounted.
Where the heck is his garage thread? I can't find it.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:08 am
Tarspin wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:55 am

:dat:

One can argue that you'll always be able to sell it higher too
Im honestly :sad: I wasnt able to have that option when I got mine.... I simply didnt pay a msrp bump. I think they took like 1500 off msrp. So eh, I get you will likely pay full pop on special color.
Lapiz blue i bet would be the highest selling color if it was a premium color. It's just the best(right behind racing green)
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:37 pm
dubshow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:08 am

Im honestly :sad: I wasnt able to have that option when I got mine.... I simply didnt pay a msrp bump. I think they took like 1500 off msrp. So eh, I get you will likely pay full pop on special color.
Lapiz blue i bet would be the highest selling color if it was a premium color. It's just the best(right behind racing green)
There's a shade of grey that beats out the Lapiz for top seller. It looks pretty good :doe:

I'd take the lapiz blue for free 5/7 days a week. I had the pleasure of following my own car in a Nardo grey S5 and really enjoyed looking at the bl00 in motion.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

It now had a small jagermeister bottle holder :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Johnny_P

SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:17 pm

I forgot about that.. I did one of the euro cup holder swaps with the bottle opener separating the two cup areas.. forgot about a bunch of little mods like that that I'd done.. man that was a fun car to tinker on.
Dude you literally drive a rolling lego set. There are endless options of stuff you can bolt to your Jeep. :lol:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I’d get an R in Nogaro Blue
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Dude you literally drive a rolling lego set. There are endless options of stuff you can bolt to your Jeep. :lol:
True.. I’m busy playing legos with my body though.
razr390

:yesth:

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

Took the GTI out to backroads with a friend who is amateur photographer. Some nice shots of the car, enjoy!

razr390

Also, traded the Thule roof racks I got from Fled for a set of 17” OEM Denver wheels with Continental Ball Season tars. Ideally got them to have a winter set so I can sell the Hankook A/S tars that came on the stock 18” Dallas wheels so I can get a dedicated summer tar set.

I may also explore the option of selling the 18” tars and wheels together and maybe get $700 for them and get a nicer aftermarket wheel that looks better and is more symmetrical.

I had low expectations for the Denver’s but they look :notbad: at all. They just barely cleared the performance pack brakes, which are YUGE

After tire pressures were topped off

50 mile highway trip was fine. No visible wobbling of the wheel but I will get them balanced on Tuesday to have peace of mind. Might just keep them on until spring so i can lug the 18’s around and sell them at the next few VW/Car meats.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:48 pm Also, traded the Thule roof racks I got from Fled for a set of 17” OEM Denver wheels with Continental Ball Season tars. Ideally got them to have a winter set so I can sell the Hankook A/S tars that came on the stock 18” Dallas wheels so I can get a dedicated summer tar set.

I may also explore the option of selling the 18” tars and wheels together and maybe get $700 for them and get a nicer aftermarket wheel that looks better and is more symmetrical.

I had low expectations for the Denver’s but they look :notbad: at all. They just barely cleared the performance pack brakes, which are YUGE

50 mile highway trip was fine. No visible wobbling of the wheel but I will get them balanced on Tuesday to have peace of mind. Might just keep them on until spring so i can lug the 18’s around and sell them at the next few VW/Car meats.
Mk5 wheels + mk7 =mk6
razr390

max225 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:21 am
razr390 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:48 pm Also, traded the Thule roof racks I got from Fled for a set of 17” OEM Denver wheels with Continental Ball Season tars. Ideally got them to have a winter set so I can sell the Hankook A/S tars that came on the stock 18” Dallas wheels so I can get a dedicated summer tar set.

Mk5 wheels + mk7 =mk6
Although they were available on early MK6’s so technically mk6.5
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:34 am
max225 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:21 am
Mk5 wheels + mk7 =mk6
Although they were available on early MK6’s so technically mk6.5
:dat:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Why not buy a nicer wheel/tire combo for summer? Dallas's are :gag:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

The Denvers don't look bad. I liked them quite a bit on my GTI.

Not sure I love them on the red, but these are winter wheels rite, so it doesn't matter. Visually I prefer your 18" Dallas wheels a lot more.

Rudy just be careful with them. They're 17s yeah and they will likely smooth out the ride a bit and give you more sidewall to ram shit with, but they WILL bend if you hit them hard enough. These unfortunately are not very strong wheels.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:48 am The Denvers don't look bad. I liked them quite a bit on my GTI.

Not sure I love them on the red, but these are winter wheels rite, so it doesn't matter. Visually I prefer your 18" Dallas wheels a lot more.

Rudy just be careful with them. They're 17s yeah and they will likely smooth out the ride a bit and give you more sidewall to ram shit with, but they WILL bend if you hit them hard enough. These unfortunately are not very strong wheels.
I haven't had any problems yet in almost 8 years, other than some nasty rash which at this point I'm :aintcare: about. Zero bends or dents to the rimz of the ramz.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:39 am Why not buy a nicer wheel/tire combo for summer? Dallas's are :gag:

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
My main goal now is to see if there are any buyers of the tires that came on the 18” Dallas wheels. As much as I hate directional wheels, I personally think the Dallas wheels look better than the Austin wheels that came on the 7’s because more concavity.

Either way, I am hard pressed to sell the stocks that came on the car for purist reasons. I may get a nice aftermarket set of wheels that are lighter and more symmetrical, but I have to save up some money and I’ll probably see what the deals look like over winter.
razr390

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:48 am The Denvers don't look bad. I liked them quite a bit on my GTI.

Yeah I will still maintain proper situational awareness while driving and I don’t assume these will be aintcare mall crawler spec wheels.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Also Trudy, to your questions on the Snapfaps, as I mentioned, my door panel said 38 lbs of tar pressure but remember, my car originally came with Detroits so that referred to 18" ramz. However, I believe it is the same spec for 2010 when they came with Denvers stock so I've been running 38 for the last 8 years and am quite satisfied with the ride quality, which improved noticeably when I switched from 18's to 17's. The extra side wall of the 45 series 17's makes a difference, for sure. :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
razr390

wap wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 am

I haven't had any problems yet in almost 8 years, other than some nasty rash which at this point I'm :aintcare: about. Zero bends or dents to the rimz of the ramz.
I think this was a 5/7 move for winter set of wheels. They look funny but also sleeper/functional. :hue:
Johnny_P

wap wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:11 am

Just saying that they won't make the car invincible. He'll still have to slow down and avoid potholes, etc. Can't ram them full speed like you could in a dopey car with balloon tires.