Next Gen

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Anyone going next gen?

I have an XBox Series X coming on launch day with a copy of Assassins Creed Valhalla.

Anyone else jumping on this train?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

Since I have a legit gaming PC not planning to any time thoon.
We use our Xbox in the living room as the media center, so it's not entirely out of the question, and I do like some of the console-only titles.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

First time in 20 years that I will not be getting the new console around launch. The whole mid gen refresh didn't sit well with me last time out.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:48 pm First time in 20 years that I will not be getting the new console around launch. The whole mid gen refresh didn't sit well with me last time out.
Howso?

With the PS3 and 360 you ended up getting a smaller form factor and more built in storage at the refresh.

With the PS4 Pro and the One X you ended up getting more powerful consoles that made a bump up to 4K and HDR. I think that’s a better upgrade value.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am not expressly sold on either console just yet. Covid seems like logistics and supply chain issues didn’t make any of them ideal.

PS5 has such a huge form factor that it probably needs its own dedicated space rather than integrating with a. TV stand, etc.

I also don’t game as much anymore and any games I do get are usually digital and I’ll buy the version that allows me to play it on next gen for $10 more. But, not going to deal with scalping or flipping consoles.

Buddy of mine got a pre-order of both, though. So I’ll use his feedback as well
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:21 am
KYGTIGuy wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:48 pm First time in 20 years that I will not be getting the new console around launch. The whole mid gen refresh didn't sit well with me last time out.
Howso?

With the PS3 and 360 you ended up getting a smaller form factor and more built in storage at the refresh.

With the PS4 Pro and the One X you ended up getting more powerful consoles that made a bump up to 4K and HDR. I think that’s a better upgrade value.
Yeah but I wasn't going to buy a second PS4. I'll just wait until the "pros" come out this time. There arent any games I'm looking forward to playing that are console exclusive at this point anyway.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

I don't plan on getting the new one. It depends if there's a game that I really want and isn't compatible with xbox one, then I may pull the plunge. Whether it's forza or the new grand theft auto thats rumored to come soon.

Hell I got my xbox one over 2 years ago because i didn't feel like gaming till recently.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I'll get PS5 when they announce a release date for GT7, or if Grand Theft Auto has more golfing :lol:
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I plugged it in last night and transferred a bunch of games from the One X.

Assassins creed wasn't delivered on time so I'll start that up tomorrow.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

I've never been less excited for a "next-gen" console launch. Right now the only perk seems to be you can play your PS4/XBX games on them which is great but if I'm buying a new console I want to play new games. Not stuff that's still available on current gen with a slight performance boost.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

Things will probably go for me like they did with the PS4: I'll wait for the hype to die down. I'll go into the store and look at the console. I'll see the pricetag and laugh. I'll look at the lack of interesting games and laugh. Then I'll go home, read a few articles about the new games being buggy as all hell and laugh. Then I'll fire up the ol' N64 and forget about it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Huckleberry wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:14 pm Things will probably go for me like they did with the PS4: I'll wait for the hype to die down. I'll go into the store and look at the console. I'll see the pricetag and laugh. I'll look at the lack of interesting games and laugh. Then I'll go home, read a few articles about the new games being buggy as all hell and laugh. Then I'll fire up the ol' N64 and forget about it.
I wish that I still had my SNES. I like old consoles :gay:
Huckleberry
Drives: 2004 GTO

Tarspin wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:29 pm
Huckleberry wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:14 pm Things will probably go for me like they did with the PS4: I'll wait for the hype to die down. I'll go into the store and look at the console. I'll see the pricetag and laugh. I'll look at the lack of interesting games and laugh. Then I'll go home, read a few articles about the new games being buggy as all hell and laugh. Then I'll fire up the ol' N64 and forget about it.
I wish that I still had my SNES. I like old consoles :gay:
I'll be sure to think of you as I fire up Earthworm Jim.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Imagegasm:

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

My Xbox One that I hadn't turned on other than to play DVDs from Red Box in years died during our move in December. For some reason I still want one of the new consoles, even though it would just sit there and collect dust like my Xbox One did. Memories of when I used to play video games way back when, I guess. :fullretard: