Raspberry Pi projects.

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:02 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:51 pm

My issue is that it is way too slow for my needs to be a server or NAS. Your needs may be less.

Plus, I really hate plex, I tried to like it a few years ago and gave it a good 2 months trial run but would rather run Kodi on my Android TV boxes and stream directly from my NAS boxes. Kodi on the Pi was a disaster if you've ever used it on a machine that has some horsepower.

I found everything Pi to be a compromise due to power or basic functionality, but the picture frame seems like something I would use it for.
I hear that, it definitely lacks the horsepower to be a great NAS or media server if you need transcoding.

It does fit my needs well because its pretty simple, local content using plex to the roku boxes will do passthrough on most of my media so no need to transcode, and I don't really need a fast NAS; i can be vv patient moving big files around.
I don't do any transcoding, but I am moving 15-50GB files around and streaming them, and streaming music to any number of players (phones, computers, TVs, Sonos..)
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Got the deluge torrent stuff setup. :megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

NAS and backup is just about set up..... been moving shit around to get one HHD with almost 3 tb of stuff to split kinda eaven to 2 HHD with 1.36tb of useable storage...
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Declaring victory on the raspberryplex / NAS / Torrent server. Its all working well and I'm happy with the setup. Let the power bill saving commence, lol.

Last thing i need to do is re configure plex itself to default to the pi for content.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I'm also kicking ass on getting through super metroid again :megusta:
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Ordered a setup just like the :fax:

:fax: man, giveth me thy files!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Update on the pimediaserver:

I was able to add a torrent, download it, move the file, and refresh the media server all from my phone without using a desktop computer

:neat:

I have run into a few issues with it choking on serving high bitrate files. The solution is...don't run high bitrate files and / or transcode them. Also I need to segregate the the 3D stuff from the regular stuff because....detailed reasons about 3d shit i don't want to go into.

Its working great as a network attached storage. Not that we use it that much for that, but i can navigate to it from the phone and get files / dump files.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

I fuckin' suck at this. I'm about to say fuck it and just seek and by a SD card with the games and emulator already set up.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:29 pm I fuckin' suck at this. I'm about to say fuck it and just seek and by a SD card with the games and emulator already set up.
where are you stuck.
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:34 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:29 pm I fuckin' suck at this. I'm about to say fuck it and just seek and by a SD card with the games and emulator already set up.
where are you stuck.
I can't get the torrent desktop sorted. I'm trying to do too many things at once.

I'm going to give it more attention tonight
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:34 pm

where are you stuck.
I can't get the torrent desktop sorted. I'm trying to do too many things at once.

Torrent desktop? wait you trying to do pi gaming or a torrent server?
brain go brrrrrr
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:48 pm
KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 pm

No. Right now I just want a video game emulator but I can't seem to find legit files to download in order to set up the Pi.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

KYGTIGuy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:48 pm

No. Right now I just want a video game emulator but I can't seem to find legit files to download in order to set up the Pi.
Read https://retropie.org.uk/
brain go brrrrrr
james23
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
Drives: Audi 8

The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized computer that plugs into a computer monitor or TV, and uses a standard keyboard and mouse. It is a capable little device that enables people of all ages to explore computing, and to learn how to program in languages like Scratch and Python. It’s capable of doing everything you’d expect a desktop computer to do, from browsing the internet and playing high-definition video, to making spreadsheets, word-processing, and playing games.

What’s more, the https://techemirate.com/hypernet-vpn-fo ... ndows-mac/ Pi has the ability to interact with the outside world, and has been used in a wide array of digital maker projects, from music machines and parent detectors to weather stations and tweeting birdhouses with infra-red cameras. We want to see the Raspberry Pi being used by kids all over the world to learn to program and understand how computers work.