Red Dead Redemption 2

Gamers gonna game, game, game, game.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:59 pm I need to make more time in the day, then setup my XBONE and play this. I loved the first one.
:dat: x100

I really want to pick it up on the way home tonight
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

dubshow wrote:
Detroit wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:59 pm I need to make more time in the day, then setup my XBONE and play this. I loved the first one.

I bought it in a fit of impracticality last weekend, but fell asleep on the couch before it was done downloading. Looking forward to actually starting, probably tomorrow.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

Calvinball wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 pm
dubshow wrote:

I bought it in a fit of impracticality last weekend, but fell asleep on the couch before it was done downloading. Looking forward to actually starting, probably tomorrow.

nice. I just dont see myself having time to actually play until sometime in December. Work is getting hectic.
Calvinball

dubshow wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:37 pm I bought it in a fit of impracticality last weekend, but fell asleep on the couch before it was done downloading. Looking forward to actually starting, probably tomorrow.

nice. I just dont see myself having time to actually play until sometime in December. Work is getting hectic.
I usually only get like an hour or two a week if I’m still awake when my wife goes to bed on the weekends.

Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

Calvinball wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:54 pm
dubshow wrote:
I usually only get like an hour or two a week if I’m still awake when my wife goes to bed on the weekends.

Same here. And from what I've seen so far, that's enough time to complete one, maybe two, missions in this game. So, progress is gonna be slow going.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Mazda6

[user not found] wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:39 pm So someone described R2D2 as being GTAV and Fallout rolled into the Wild West.

Accurate?
Never played fallot but this game does have more maintenance you must do with you character than GTA. I assume that's where fallout comparison comes from. Also a lot of crafting and a good guy bad guy slider based on your actions
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I spent 2 and a half hours Friday night just playing poker. It's a bad poker sim doe. NPC players are not predictable.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I got it. I never played the original...everyone told me it was gta out west which sounded awesome. Its not...its way slower and has a ton more character development. I like to blow shit up and appreciate the Easter eggs in gtav like people making really stupid jokes as you walk by them. Rdr2 is just missing somethi g for me so far.

I've also read the graphics as being better than life. gtfo... it's good but I can list at least a few games that do it better.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I suggest getting a good set of headphones. The sound is pretty kick-ass.
KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:54 pm
rockchops wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:53 pm I got it. I never played the original...everyone told me it was gta out west which sounded awesome. Its not...its way slower and has a ton more character development. I like to blow shit up and appreciate the Easter eggs in gtav like people making really stupid jokes as you walk by them. Rdr2 is just missing somethi g for me so far.

I've also read the graphics as being better than life. gtfo... it's good but I can list at least a few games that do it better.
I want to like it, but riding around on a :horse: misses the boat for me a bit. I like cars too much. :gay:

I do like Fallout, doe. :iono:
It's a lot of riding around on a horse.

I'll play the storyline but replayability is :dislike:

It's so fucking big
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:
rockchops wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:53 pm I got it. I never played the original...everyone told me it was gta out west which sounded awesome. Its not...its way slower and has a ton more character development. I like to blow shit up and appreciate the Easter eggs in gtav like people making really stupid jokes as you walk by them. Rdr2 is just missing somethi g for me so far.

I want to like it, but riding around on a :horse: misses the boat for me a bit. I like cars too much. :gay:

I do like Fallout, doe. :iono:
Apparently the horses have a Focus RS drift mode when you get a little into the game.

KYGTIGuy
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I do like this game. But it's definitely not as action packed as GTA.

Great open world game imo. More Skyrim
Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:Now that FO76 has been collectively panned as a disaster, I guess I'll have to check out R2D2.
I had a bad feeling when all the pre-release reviews I read were saying things like ‘I only had three hours, so I can’t say if it’s a good game or not...’

Three hours with a game should definitely make up a mind. Yes games are huge these days and all that, but those same reviewers with that same few hours were quick to proclaim RDR2 as a game of the decade.

So far it’s hard to disagree. It’s not crazy action packed but it is just so incredibly detailed.

3rdgenfan
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: Frontier, Rabbit TDI, G8 GXP

I ended up with Fallout4 once it came out and enjoyed it for the first few days and then lost interest after getting merked by the same mutant fucking misquito/wasp thing where my game saved. Due to this I was never interested in FO76, in fact I think that turned me off of any Fallout game.

Still haven't gotten RDR2 though, please forgive? I'm just not sure how it will look on the OG XB1. Is the OG XB1 the same hardware as the One S?
Calvinball

3rdgenfan wrote:I ended up with Fallout4 once it came out and enjoyed it for the first few days and then lost interest after getting merked by the same mutant fucking misquito/wasp thing where my game saved. Due to this I was never interested in FO76, in fact I think that turned me off of any Fallout game.

Still haven't gotten RDR2 though, please forgive? I'm just not sure how it will look on the OG XB1. Is the OG XB1 the same hardware as the One S?
Newer ones are 4K capable from what I know, which really only matters if you have a yuge tv.

Calvinball

[user not found] wrote:I think FO76 might be great in a year.
Yeah I think it could be a good pickup for $20 used after a while IF we get a crew of us playing together.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

[user not found] wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:57 pm
3rdgenfan wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 am I ended up with Fallout4 once it came out and enjoyed it for the first few days and then lost interest after getting merked by the same mutant fucking misquito/wasp thing where my game saved. Due to this I was never interested in FO76, in fact I think that turned me off of any Fallout game.

Yes. The Xbox One X is 4k, which I have, and it's amazing. The regular Xbone and S are the same hardware and 1080p. It will still look fucking stunning.
I think the general consensus was that RDR2 looks better on Xbox over PlayStation
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Sooo is this worth buying or no? I'm debating, but I've read mixed reviews. I loved the first one, and I love GTA...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball

Detroit wrote:Sooo is this worth buying or no? I'm debating, but I've read mixed reviews. I loved the first one, and I love GTA...
Mixed reviews? I thought it was pretty much a shoe-in for game of the year?

ChrisoftheNorth

Calvinball wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:21 pm
Detroit wrote:Sooo is this worth buying or no? I'm debating, but I've read mixed reviews. I loved the first one, and I love GTA...

So people that don't like it are just doing so to be seen as cool and controversial?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:23 pm
Calvinball wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:21 pm

So people that don't like it are just doing so to be seen as cool and controversial?
That or they expected it to be so incredibly amazing that they were disappointed when it was just a good game.
Calvinball

Detroit wrote:
Calvinball wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:21 pm Mixed reviews? I thought it was pretty much a shoe-in for game of the year?

Well, I could see people not liking the game because of the slow pace, especially the beginning, but to say it’s a bad game is :ludicrous:

ChrisoftheNorth

Calvinball wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm
Detroit wrote: So people that don't like it are just doing so to be seen as cool and controversial?
Well, I could see people not liking the game because of the slow pace, especially the beginning, but to say it’s a bad game is :ludicrous:

Ok, cool. I think I'll pick it up.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:23 pm
That or they expected it to be so incredibly amazing that they were disappointed when it was just a good game.
Good point.
dovepepperoni
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: Nissan 350Z

Finally finished! Gameplay was pretty boring and repetitive like every Rockstar game, but graphics and story were incredible.

Gets a 3.5/5